Sponsored by:

Seat dimensions

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 10:33 AM
aramz06
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Seat dimensions

I am looking at replacing my stock seats with fixed bucket seats and the dealers I am contacting are requesting the dimensions of the stock seat so they can check if any adjustments need to be made to the sliders/rails/brackets. Anyone have these dimensions? I have a 2003 Z06, but I assume the seat sizes are the same as a base C5, correct?

They are looking for the measurements at the widest points (usually shoulder area), top to bottom measurements, and base measurement.

Thanks!
Old 01-28-2016, 10:41 AM
aramz06
Racer

Bump, need an answer to this!
Old 01-28-2016, 02:35 PM
LoneStarFRC
Team Owner

Received 226 Likes on 213 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Measure yours and go with it. ALL C5 seat dimensions are the same. No difference on any of them.
The biggest common complaint/problem are the relatively narrow seats, and that one thing limits many options out there. IIRC, it's on the order of 19" - 20", but don't quote me.

HTH
Old 01-28-2016, 03:07 PM
aramz06
Racer

Originally Posted by LoneStarFRC
Measure yours and go with it. ALL C5 seat dimensions are the same. No difference on any of them.
The biggest common complaint/problem are the relatively narrow seats, and that one thing limits many options out there. IIRC, it's on the order of 19" - 20", but don't quote me.

HTH
Thank you. I just did not want to get rough dimensions myself, and was hoping that there are exact dimensions that the factory had released.
Old 01-28-2016, 04:21 PM
LoneStarFRC
Team Owner

Originally Posted by aramz06
Thank you. I just did not want to get rough dimensions myself, and was hoping that there are exact dimensions that the factory had released.
I personally have never seen any GM numbers as far as dimensions go. I installed C6 Z06 seats in mine and I had to get into that project pretty deep. The dimensions were not an issue at all, just the electrical related stuff is where I spent a lot of time.

As I said, all the commentary I've seen over the years on this matter has one overriding theme: C5 seat availability is VERY limited due to the narrow width and I would agree. Front to back is OK, height is OK but not width. I've looked at the dimensions of a lot of seats and the vast majority are simply too wide.
Old 01-29-2016, 09:31 AM
aramz06
Racer

I personally have never seen any GM numbers as far as dimensions go. I installed C6 Z06 seats in mine and I had to get into that project pretty deep. The dimensions were not an issue at all, just the electrical related stuff is where I spent a lot of time.

As I said, all the commentary I've seen over the years on this matter has one overriding theme: C5 seat availability is VERY limited due to the narrow width and I would agree. Front to back is OK, height is OK but not width. I've looked at the dimensions of a lot of seats and the vast majority are simply too wide.
Yes and its true. My last C5 Z had Corbeau seats in it, and it was as tight a fit as possible. The seatbelt would get stuck between the widest part of the seat and the door. There was not enough room for the damn seatbelt to get by with the door closed. Imagine that... Thanks again for your input.
Old 01-29-2016, 01:55 PM
LoneStarFRC
Team Owner

Yes and its true. My last C5 Z had Corbeau seats in it, and it was as tight a fit as possible. The seatbelt would get stuck between the widest part of the seat and the door. There was not enough room for the damn seatbelt to get by with the door closed. Imagine that... Thanks again for your input.
I shopped a number of brands and came away disappointed. I was really wanting to go with something from Recaro, as I have always liked their seats (especially the adjustable thigh bolster models) and their quality.

Wish I could have been more help.
Old 01-29-2016, 03:13 PM
aramz06
Racer

I shopped a number of brands and came away disappointed. I was really wanting to go with something from Recaro, as I have always liked their seats (especially the adjustable thigh bolster models) and their quality.

Wish I could have been more help.
I agree.

Terrific avatar by the way. I'm surprised it took this long for me to notice it.
Old 01-29-2016, 03:16 PM
LoneStarFRC
Team Owner

Terrific avatar by the way. I'm surprised it took this long for me to notice it.
Thanks. Got the tee shirt too. "Hillary for Prison - 2016"
There's a lot of that going around these days.

Get notified of new replies

To Seat dimensions

Quick Reply: Seat dimensions