Sponsored by:

Climate control question

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 10:44 AM
Clayton59
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Climate control question

On my 01 coupe Climate Control, I set the temp to turn the AC on. the problem is on the driver side the air blows warm, but on the passenger side the air blows several degrees colder... The AC works, however I'm not so sure about the Auto part of the climate control... It takes a long time for the inside of the car to cool down. Even on not so warm days. Any suggestions???

Note: you only notice this with the AC and not the heat. I'm puzzled.
Old 03-19-2016, 10:57 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

Several degrees is not much. The passenger side control only adjusts that side a little above or below the driver setting. I am assuming neither side is as cold as you wanted it to be.

Pull your dash trouble codes and lets see what it shows. I can post that info if you don't know how to pull them from the dash.

Mr. Sam
The following users liked this post:
Clayton59 (03-26-2016)
Old 03-19-2016, 11:56 AM
Clayton59
Advanced

I didn't know there were codes in the dash... I don't know how to pull the codes. Please post instructions.
Old 03-19-2016, 12:40 PM
Smoken1
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 971 Likes on 783 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Entering On-Board Diagnostics
To enter the Diagnostic Display function perform the following steps:
1. Turn ON the ignition switch, with the engine OFF.
2. Press the RESET button to acknowledge any warning messages present.
3. Press the OPTIONS button on the Driver Information Center (DIC) and hold.
4. While holding the OPTIONS button press the FUEL button 4 times within a 5 second period.
5. System will first enter automatic display mode followed by the manual display mode.
Automatic Display DTC Mode
The automatic display feature allows you to read each module DTC display function in an automatic
display sequence. Each system module DTC will be displayed for 3 seconds followed by a 1 second pause
before the next DTC is displayed in an automatic sequence. If no DTC information is available from the
system currently displayed on the DIC, the DIC will display NO CODES for that system. If there is a
communications problem between any systems, the IPC will display NO COMM when the DIC is trying to
communicate with that system. When all DTCs have been displayed for all systems, the IDIC will display
NO MORE CODES for 2 seconds before entering the manual mode. At any time during the automatic
display function, the manual display feature can be activated by pressing any button on the DIC except the
E/M button. The E/M button is used to completely exit the DIAGNOSTICS mode at any time.

Manual Display DTC Mode
The manual display feature allows you to manually select each module DTC display function. The manual
mode will automatically be entered after the automatic DTC display sequence is complete, or can be
entered at any time during the automatic mode by pressing any button on the DIC except the E/M (E/M
button is used to exit the DIAGNOSTIC mode at any time). When the manual mode is selected, the IPC will
display the MANUAL DIAGNOSTICS mode message for 2 seconds, or until any button on the DIC except
the E/M is pressed. After the MANUAL DIAGNOSTICS mode message is displayed, the IPC will display
the first system abbreviation and quantity of codes stored for that system, then the IPC will wait for further
instructions. The buttons on the DIC provide the following functions when operating the on-board
diagnostic feature in the manual mode:
DIC Button Function When In Manual Mode
1. FUEL Previous DTC
2. GAGES Next DTC
3. TRIP Previous System
4. OPTIONS Next System
5. E/M Exit Diagnostics
6. RESET Clear DTCs
Clearing DTCs
Disconnecting the battery or the IPC connectors will not clear a DTC. A DTC can only be cleared in one of
the following three ways:
• Using the DIC On--Board diagnostic feature.
• Using a scan tool.
• The IPC will automatically clear a DTC if the malfunction has not occurred within 50 ignition cycles.
To clear DTCs press and hold the RESET button to clear DTCs for the system displayed.
Clayton59 (03-26-2016)
Old 03-20-2016, 07:34 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

Here is a video.

Mr. Sam
Clayton59 (03-26-2016)
Old 03-20-2016, 12:28 PM
mrlmd
Drifting

Received 297 Likes on 198 Posts

You might be low on freon, that's common with both of those complaints.
Clayton59 (03-26-2016)
Old 03-20-2016, 01:47 PM
Clayton59
Advanced

Thank you for the response... I checked the codes as you directed (great instruction by the way). Under 99-HVAC it showed No Codes. low on refrigerant maybe as mrlmd indicates??? Wouldn't that mean there is a leak in the system?
Old 03-26-2016, 07:55 AM
Clayton59
Advanced

Added R134A w/leak sealer... Works as it should today. I will check the pressure in a few days to see if there is a leak...

Again, thanks for the help everyone.

Get notified of new replies

To Climate control question

Quick Reply: Climate control question