Old 07-22-2016, 05:51 PM
jd_black_00
Melting Slicks

Received 470 Likes on 145 Posts
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '12, '14

Default Anyone have luck installing their carbon diffusers? Please chime in

Hi guys, I tried to install my diffuser last night despite the fact that it came without instructions or hardware. I picked up all of the hardware I needed and followed the installation write-up on this forum but after 12 hours of being held in place with painters tape the 3M tape was still pulling away from the bumper. Since the diffuser is carbon I'm assuming it's less flexible than the urethane version and once all of the fasteners are in place there is about an inch that the diffuser needs to travel to meet the fascia. This has proved to be too much force for the 3M tape to handle. Please chime in with your own experiences and if you experienced the same thing and found a solution please let me know!
Old 07-23-2016, 12:43 AM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

I don't have any experience installing that particular piece but did you try to use the tape to stick it in place before you tightened the hardware?... often times if you tighten the hardware first it will put everything else in a bind

Quick Reply: Anyone have luck installing their carbon diffusers? Please chime in