Sponsored by:

Altec louvered brackets

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 03:22 PM
Linder1969
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Altec louvered brackets

I just purchased a 2001 C5. It came with the Altec license plate louvered bracket and tail light louvers. (gloss black) I am missing the plastic covers to hide the screws on both the plate bracket and the tail light louvers. Is there any place these can be purchased separately?
Old 10-11-2016, 06:15 PM
Velocity_Vette
Drifting

Received 352 Likes on 294 Posts

Altec is still in business so you could probably just shoot them an e-mail or call and see if they sell them separately.

http://altecproducts.com/contact-us/

If for whatever reason they do not I would just go to a hardware store like Lowes or Home Depot and pick up some covers. In their fastener section they have shelves that have all sizes of flat snap screw covers. Typically a nylon white in color but nothing some gloss black rattle wouldn't solve. I know for sure they'd have round covers for the tails but those oval ones used on the plate covers not so sure they'd have something that fit it...
Old 10-12-2016, 12:35 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,293 Likes on 13,966 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Either of those two options should work for you.
Old 10-12-2016, 08:19 AM
Linder1969
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feedback

Originally Posted by Velocity_Vette
Altec is still in business so you could probably just shoot them an e-mail or call and see if they sell them separately.

http://altecproducts.com/contact-us/

If for whatever reason they do not I would just go to a hardware store like Lowes or Home Depot and pick up some covers. In their fastener section they have shelves that have all sizes of flat snap screw covers. Typically a nylon white in color but nothing some gloss black rattle wouldn't solve. I know for sure they'd have round covers for the tails but those oval ones used on the plate covers not so sure they'd have something that fit it...
Thanks. Much appreciate the feedback
Old 10-13-2016, 03:26 AM
CorvetteBob52
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 52 Posts

Get you some golf ball placement markers, You can sand them down to the perfect size and even the oval size you want too, They are cheap too, get them at Walmart around $3 for a bag of 25 or so, paint them black or I'm sure a sharpie would work too, put a dab of silicone on the back and press them onto the screws that hold on your louvers and wallah, You can also use them for hiding the keyholes on the doors too. they are already the perfect size for those. Good Luck with it, CorvetteBob B.T.W. if you didn't already know, A sharpie is perfect for hiding those ugly chips on the front nose if your car is black. just an F.Y.I. Here is mine, I too have the same plate cover and tail light louvers. B.T.W. these plate covers are thick too, they cover up the lights that light up the plate at night, notice that I put spacers at the top behind the cover and used longer bolts so the lights could light up the plate at night. Hope this is helpful for you.

Last edited by CorvetteBob52; 10-13-2016 at 03:34 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Altec louvered brackets

Quick Reply: Altec louvered brackets