Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wow, this guy nails it on C5 ownership (Merged)

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 05:04 PM
DDaaryl
Melting Slicks

Received 630 Likes on 395 Posts

Clearly a trust fund kid. Wonder if this is his first girlfriend? Fast forward three years, they get married, divorced, and she gets it all including the garage.
Old 12-28-2016, 08:43 PM
RockyMtC5
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Cmon guys, Matt has been making some pretty decent car videos for years and he's a car guy thru and thru. He sometimes says some stupid things (published) and could use some class, but I have always enjoyed his work for the most part and I've followed him in large part because of his C5 ownership.
As for being a rich kid, it's not his fault he was born into it. I have to respect someone who at 18 buys a new Corvette with his inheritance (or whatever it is). That takes ***** (his parents were not happy)
Old 12-28-2016, 08:48 PM
Black 02
Safety Car

Received 427 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by RockyMtC5
Cmon guys, Matt has been making some pretty decent car videos for years and he's a car guy thru and thru. He sometimes says some stupid things (published) and could use some class, but I have always enjoyed his work for the most part and I've followed him in large part because of his C5 ownership.
As for being a rich kid, it's not his fault he was born into it. I have to respect someone who at 18 buys a new Corvette with his inheritance (or whatever it is). That takes ***** (his parents were not happy)
I actually like his crudeness. I feel he is one of the more honest reviewers out there and he consistently puts out good content.
Old 12-28-2016, 08:57 PM
Not4spd
Melting Slicks

Received 631 Likes on 394 Posts

He has a great youtube channel and his one drive videos are fun to watch.
Old 12-28-2016, 10:01 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,813 Likes on 1,925 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

So to qualify a good critique, or an honest one, you need to include profanity??? I knew my parents for 84 and 86 years respectfully.. I never heard one word of profanity from either of them, no toilet talk no blasphemy. Never once... my kids never hear me or my wife use any type of profanity. You don't need to swear to be street smart or intelligent, if you choose to use profanity in your speech that's up to you but it has never impressed me or made me feel that it helped to qualify their comments. in fact I always think less of anyone who talks to me and swears... using profanity is not a quality trait I would ever embrace.. Profanity is so demeaning that no one would use it in front of their mother, unless their mother used it as well. And what would most people think of someone like that.

OK enough on character and profanity.. Have I ever used profanity? Yes, but I am not proud of that fact. I know some people who cant get a single sentence out with some sort of profanity.
The following users liked this post:
chasboy (12-29-2016)
Old 12-28-2016, 11:21 PM
1Willy1
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 278 Posts

The fact he sold his vette ....to me....is a stain on his persona, not because I'm into C5's but because that car was a huge part of who he was in the car game.

He owes a lot to that car and selling it cause his gf told him too is just beyond pathetic
Old 12-28-2016, 11:23 PM
RSbeast
Burning Brakes

Received 256 Likes on 165 Posts

Well, that's you. I find people who swear more honest and open. That and language is meant to be colorful, profound descriptors can set or define conveyance to the inth degree.

You don't want to say how you really feel? Fine.

Not speaking a certain way around elders and children is called manners. Clearly there is a time and a place - but Internet journalism? Pardon my edicate but GTFO with that nonsense.

-edit : I will say that was a poor choice of a Yahoo article; it's far less professionally subjective and more of a personal anecdote as you might find in some sort of mens entertainment mag, like a Maxim, etc

Last edited by RSbeast; 12-28-2016 at 11:40 PM.
Old 12-29-2016, 02:28 AM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Originally Posted by RSbeast
Well, that's you. I find people who swear more honest and open. That and language is meant to be colorful, profound descriptors can set or define conveyance to the inth degree.

You don't want to say how you really feel? Fine.

Not speaking a certain way around elders and children is called manners. Clearly there is a time and a place - but Internet journalism? Pardon my edicate but GTFO with that nonsense.

-edit : I will say that was a poor choice of a Yahoo article; it's far less professionally subjective and more of a personal anecdote as you might find in some sort of mens entertainment mag, like a Maxim, etc
I would like to think that I am a little more articulate and educated to lean on shock value to drive a point across. I have a little more self respect for myself I don't think anyone but maybe you, who find profanity to be defined as a positive character trait.
Old 12-29-2016, 08:41 AM
zdeckich
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 231 Posts
2017 Corvette of Year Finalist
2016 C5 of the Year

Originally Posted by Evil-Twin
I would like to think that I am a little more articulate and educated to lean on shock value to drive a point across. I have a little more self respect for myself I don't think anyone but maybe you, who find profanity to be defined as a positive character trait.
I like how you always have to **** on people here.
Old 12-29-2016, 11:02 AM
RSbeast
Burning Brakes

Received 256 Likes on 165 Posts

The last time I told ET how miserable he was and in need to re evaluate his life, he actually took heed and left the forum for a bit. I presume he's just been slowly returning to his usual ways. Having self respect is most definitely not the same as the ability of commanding respect from others. Most of your erroneous ranting isn't articulate at all, but it is always expectedly pompous; and usually wrong despite your best efforts to convince otherwise.

So once again maybe it's time to put away the Internet and start involving yourself in the lives of loved ones around you...unless you have managed to turn them away too, and this is the only place people will listen to you; as they are forced.

Hope you can find your happy place...
zdeckich (12-29-2016)
Old 12-29-2016, 11:42 AM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Default Just a sad sad misinformed persono

You are just too stupid to understand that I only come here to help...I've never once in 60 000 post both in open forum or private message have I ever started a thread with the idea to be mean or belittle someone....I have however defended myself with as much enthusiasm as I felt necessary

This post is just an example...you took it upon yourself to attack me, and to show your stupidity you posted that I left this forum at your suggestion....what a sad and pathetic person you are.... I left this forum because I was diagnosed with stage 4 esophageal cancer...any one here who knows me, knows that a fact. Many many friends from this forum held my hand in the hospital while I spent 31 days in critical care.

You are the hater not me...I will defend myself with as much vigor as I can conjour.

In this thread, I agreed with another member about the actual read and it's entertainment value, I also agreed with him on not needing to read the profanity.

It was then when members started to attach my position on profanity...I will never lower my standards of morals and ethics, just to fit in...

You however take the opportunity to THINK you could possibly get in my pant because you think you are some kind of legend....you are just another poser with no credible advice to offer,and only realism in your own glory cheap shot ting people who have served this community with 60,000 helpful post. I've never once come here looking for help...
It people like you who give this place a bad rap...unfortunatly there are lots more of you than there are of me. But I come here to help and not poke my finger in the eye of those seeking help
I will do my best to show you, and people like you, my finger
Old 12-29-2016, 12:14 PM
Black 02
Safety Car

Weird to think "less of someone" because they swear and then turn around and call others stupid and pathetic. I would much rather witness someone curse in good humor than try to belittle others with only "clean" words, but that's just me.

Either way, no reason to totally derail this thread. I'm a little surprised that Matt F. sold his C5, but he can always buy another if he ends up missing it, which he probably won't since he gets to drive exotics on a regular basis
Old 12-29-2016, 12:15 PM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,343 Likes on 1,094 Posts

So to qualify a good critique, or an honest one, you need to include profanity??? I knew my parents for 84 and 86 years respectfully.. I never heard one word of profanity from either of them, no toilet talk no blasphemy. Never once... my kids never hear me or my wife use any type of profanity. You don't need to swear to be street smart or intelligent, if you choose to use profanity in your speech that's up to you but it has never impressed me or made me feel that it helped to qualify their comments. in fact I always think less of anyone who talks to me and swears... using profanity is not a quality trait I would ever embrace.. Profanity is so demeaning that no one would use it in front of their mother, unless their mother used it as well. And what would most people think of someone like that.

OK enough on character and profanity.. Have I ever used profanity? Yes, but I am not proud of that fact. I know some people who cant get a single sentence out with some sort of profanity.

Old 12-29-2016, 12:34 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Originally Posted by Black 02
Weird to think "less of someone" because they swear and then turn around and call others stupid and pathetic. I would much rather witness someone curse in good humor than try to belittle others with only "clean" words, but that's just me.

Either way, no reason to totally derail this thread. I'm a little surprised that Matt F. sold his C5, but he can always buy another if he ends up missing it, which he probably won't since he gets to drive exotics on a regular basis
Weird??? stupid and pathetic ??? They can be found in any dictionary, but your won't find Fucing-stupid and pathetic anywhere.. Maybe I should have added that in my thread so that the communication would be understood..

I guess not understanding my morals and ethics is your problem not mine. I don't think more of a person because they use profanity, I think less of them...that doesn't mean I hate them. Just a slight tick in their character from my perspective. I have never told someone not to curse around me... but I have told people ( acquaintances )not to curse in front of my wife or children. They never did it again.

This thread was only derailed by people taking offense at my defence of my morals and ethics. Not by anything I offered the OP.. those choosing to beat on me are the ones who derailed this thread. Children learn profanity mostly from the home, or from other kids who learned it from home. all kids want to be grown ups ( cant blame the kids.. but its the gown up who drag our society down...... AS a father and grandfather I have always brought my kids up by example, as did my parents. There are families out there that express themselves in this manner and laugh about it. But then cringe when they hear a 12 year old tell them to go Fuc themself. Profanity will never make our society a better place . it wont destroy it either..

Now back to the substance of the op's thread .

Last edited by Evil-Twin; 12-29-2016 at 12:42 PM.
Old 12-29-2016, 12:38 PM
TwoSmoke
Team Owner

Received 126 Likes on 78 Posts

Hey must have had a POS C5 or I have the only C5 with a decent interior that doesnt rattle and have gaps.

I like my interior. No rattles or gaps in over 92,000 miles. He claims his C5 was falling apart in 32,000 miles.

Maybe I don't drive mine fast enough.

Does the C5 fall apart if driven hard or if used often for track days?
Old 12-29-2016, 12:49 PM
zdeckich
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 231 Posts
2017 Corvette of Year Finalist
2016 C5 of the Year

Weird??? stupid and pathetic ??? They can be found in any dictionary, but your won't find Fucing-stupid and pathetic anywhere.. Maybe I should have added that in my thread so that the communication would be understood..

I guess not understanding my morals and ethics is your problem not mine. I don't think more of a person because they use profanity, I think less of them...that doesn't mean I hate them. Just a slight tick in their character from my perspective. I have never told someone not to curse around me... but I have told people ( acquaintances )not to curse in front of my wife or children. They never did it again.

This thread was only derailed by people taking offense at my defence of my morals and ethics. Not by anything I offered the OP.. those choosing to beat on me are the ones who derailed this thread. Children learn profanity mostly from the home, or from other kids who learned it from home. all kids want to be grown ups ( cant blame the kids.. but its the gown up who drag our society down...... AS a father and grandfather I have always brought my kids up by example, as did my parents. There are families out there that express themselves in this manner and laugh about it. But then cringe when they hear a 12 year old tell them to go Fuc themself. Profanity will never make our society a better place . it wont destroy it either..

The thread was about Matt Farah selling his C5 and telling what he loved and didn't like about it. Had nothing to do with your morals. You may not use profanity but me and several other people here have zero respect for you. And just because you don't use profanity does not make you educated or intelligent as you might think you are.
Old 12-29-2016, 12:49 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Originally Posted by TorchRedDriver
Hey must have had a POS C5 or I have the only C5 with a decent interior that doesnt rattle and have gaps.

I like my interior. No rattles or gaps in over 92,000 miles. He claims his C5 was falling apart in 32,000 miles.

Maybe I don't drive mine fast enough.
I agree TRD, why is it that some C5 can look better than new after 16 or 17 years even with 100,000 miles +. My car is 17 years old has 100K + and looks better than new... everything works. its still tight with no rattles anywhere, and gets more compliments now then when it was new.

Get notified of new replies

To Wow, this guy nails it on C5 ownership (Merged)

Old 12-29-2016, 12:54 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Originally Posted by zdeckich
The thread was about Matt Farah selling his C5 and telling what he loved and didn't like about it. Had nothing to do with your morals. You may not use profanity but me and several other people here have zero respect for you. And just because you don't use profanity does not make you educated or intelligent as you might think you are.
If you took the time to read anything that I said including my very first post to matt I said the read was good but could have left out the profanity. I was agreeing with another poster who said the same thing. one simple comment. that turned into a shark attack.

the three or four other posts of mine were to defend personal attacks on me that had no substance about Matts car and his experience only an attempt to cheap shot me.
chasboy (12-29-2016)
Old 12-29-2016, 12:57 PM
Black 02
Safety Car

Your morals and ethics include calling people stupid and pathetic? I don't think you quite understood my point. Yes, the words you used are in the dictionary, but the way you used them shows poor character.

Since you brought it up, would your parents, or children, think positively of you calling other people stupid and pathetic because you don't like them or don't agree with them?

If you feel smarter than everyone else, that's fine, but you don't have to announce it in every single thread or try to use it to show superiority. If anything, it has quite the opposite effect when others read it.
The following 3 users liked this post by Black 02:
blackmachdown (12-29-2016), RSbeast (12-29-2016), zdeckich (12-29-2016)
Old 12-29-2016, 02:24 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Received 371 Likes on 318 Posts

I wonder if his first girlfriend appreciates the.... Compliment?

Quick Reply: Wow, this guy nails it on C5 ownership (Merged)