Sponsored by:

TPSM Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 07:33 PM
stc
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default TPSM Help

The TPSM was reading a little strange on my 2004, such as the right tire was flat when in fact it was the right that was a little low. Looking through the forum it seemed time to change the 13 year old sensors.

I took the car down to the tire shop to see what was wrong with the tire and it was a nail in the inside tire wall so I needed a new tire. Whilst I was there I decided to have all sensors replaced.

When they were finished they tried to reset the sensors and could not with either their tool or even a magnet!! They spent about two hours trying including speaking to Dorman technical, but with no success. As it late they asked me to come back tomorrow. On the way home I stopped at my local GM dealer and they could not reset them so wanted $139 to run a diagnostic.

So now I am driving around with the message I have a flat tire and if I check the DIC it indicates the other tires have the same pressure as before the sensors were changed and 0 on the right rear. I had put air in the tire to drive to the shop and the low pressure indicator had gone away.

HELP, Help
Old 01-13-2017, 07:46 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,081 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Do you have a big magnet ?? here is a video !!
https://video.search.yahoo.com/searc...b8&action=view
Old 01-13-2017, 08:36 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,812 Likes on 1,925 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Dorman sensors rarely work on a C5. You don't need a giant magnet, all I've ever used was a pencil magnet. You can test a sensor for communication to the receiver without mounting it., you can get the beep. You can not check the actual function until they are turning inside the wheel. I would never use anything other then genuine OEM sensors.
The following users liked this post:
99 VET (01-14-2017)
Old 01-16-2017, 08:14 PM
stc
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default TPSM Help

Thanks for all the input.

After 5 hours with Big O still no success. On the way home I stopped by the mechanic who works on our daily drivers and explained the problem. He went out the car, looked at the key fob and said go home and use the #i key fob, it will not program with the #2 key fob.
Went home, got the #1 fob, went back to the car and followed the video and programmed the TPSM. It now works fine!!!
Old 01-16-2017, 08:22 PM
SG Lou
Safety Car

Received 486 Likes on 370 Posts

The reason i went with OEM style ( Schrader ) is because I didn't want to go through what you are going through.
4 new Schraders, strong magnet, sensors programmed.

Get notified of new replies

To TPSM Help

Quick Reply: TPSM Help