Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed Cipher CPA2009 Leather Suede Seats!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 01:59 PM
a_ahmed
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

Can you show me what brackets you're tlaking about, where are they? Will they lower the seat? I ws planning on getting corbeau fx1 pro for both sides and would just need a slider. Don't care for recline hence the bucket seat. But I wana be able to move back and forth. I am 6'2 and I hate the stock seats I feel up so high... My legs are larger... and while im getting an aftermarket steering wheel thats 330mm... still it would be nicer if it was lower
Old 06-26-2018, 04:48 PM
vegas.wr450@gmail.co
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ebay mounts $74. search ebay : Fit 97-04 Corvette C5 2X Low Mount Racing Bucket Seat Base Tensile Steel Bracket
They are lower than the stock brackets and basically sit slightly above the carpet.
They are not sliders. They mount the seat to the car. My Cyphers seats and most seats have the slider built into the seats themselves.
Old 06-26-2018, 08:20 PM
SuperTom
Drifting

Received 181 Likes on 158 Posts

yes the ebay is just to mount to the frame of the car. You will side mounts + sliders for your corbeau fx1. Or just side mounts and mount those to the ebay mounts for a permanent position
Old 12-29-2018, 11:50 AM
Mark Leger
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Has anyone tried the bride racing seats? Found then on eBay for $450
Old 12-30-2018, 12:43 AM
Bob_VII
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Leger
Has anyone tried the bride racing seats? Found then on eBay for $450
Gias and Stradia replicas fit on Planted brackets and whatever rails you get with no mods. And at that price, they will be "replicas". I'm switching out my Bride copies for NRG versions, which are a tad wider and need some mods to fit in, but I think I can make them work without needing a seatbelt swap.
Old 10-17-2019, 01:01 AM
ridiqls
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Does anyone know if the eBay seat brackets have the same holes as the planted seat brackets? Will they work direct fit with the braum seats or will it require drilling?
Old 10-17-2019, 04:01 PM
SuperTom
Drifting

Originally Posted by ridiqls
Does anyone know if the eBay seat brackets have the same holes as the planted seat brackets? Will they work direct fit with the braum seats or will it require drilling?
I did have to redrill my own holes to get the seat more centered with these seats
The following users liked this post:
ridiqls (10-17-2019)
Old 10-17-2019, 04:37 PM
ridiqls
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperTom
I did have to redrill my own holes to get the seat more centered with these seats
Thank you I'll keep that in mind now. I actually like the eBay bracket heights because the planted and corbeau brackets have the front much higher than the rear causing the seat to tilt back.

With longer brackets in the front if you want to shorten it you have to cut and re weld. Whereas in the ebay style you can always add washers or spacers to raise it
Old 10-18-2019, 06:50 AM
SuperTom
Drifting

Originally Posted by ridiqls
Thank you I'll keep that in mind now. I actually like the eBay bracket heights because the planted and corbeau brackets have the front much higher than the rear causing the seat to tilt back.

With longer brackets in the front if you want to shorten it you have to cut and re weld. Whereas in the ebay style you can always add washers or spacers to raise it

Yes the ebay bracket heights are flatter which made me feel like I was sliding forward. I ended up buy front stud extenders to tilt the front up more https://www.marradind.com/proddetail.asp?prod=M18SE

Quick Reply: Installed Cipher CPA2009 Leather Suede Seats!