Sponsored by:

Hyperco HPT Ride Height

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 12:03 PM
SpectroRacing
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hyperco HPT Ride Height

I recently installed Hyperco HPT springs front and rear. These are the 625F/850R combo. Another car in my autocross region runs the same springs, and both their car and mine seem to sit way too high in the front. The rear is fine. We both have them adjusted to their lowest possible setting. For tires, I'm running the 315 Hoosier A7, so I believe this spring rate up front is what I need, but the height of the car is driving me nuts. From what I can see, I don't have any other options, aside from changing springs. I don't want to hurt my performance either because this is my dedicated AX car. I tried doing a search, and it doesn't look like too many people are running this spring, but the softer Hyperco and not having similar issues. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.
Old 03-24-2017, 01:30 PM
0HoosierPE
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SpectroRacing
I recently installed Hyperco HPT springs front and rear. These are the 625F/850R combo. Another car in my autocross region runs the same springs, and both their car and mine seem to sit way too high in the front. The rear is fine. We both have them adjusted to their lowest possible setting. For tires, I'm running the 315 Hoosier A7, so I believe this spring rate up front is what I need, but the height of the car is driving me nuts. From what I can see, I don't have any other options, aside from changing springs. I don't want to hurt my performance either because this is my dedicated AX car. I tried doing a search, and it doesn't look like too many people are running this spring, but the softer Hyperco and not having similar issues. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.
There is as trim height adjustment described in the workshop manual and it is the relationship between the inner control arm mounting and the ball joint. Lowering the car more than 1 to 1 1/4" below the stock ride height moves the roll center to ground level or below, and causes it to move laterally. When the roll center goes out of control the balance and driver feel changes as the car rolls. It sounds like the front is to low(many road racers use these springs in the T1 class). The rear ride height needs to come up so it's a little higher than the front to help the car turn in. I suggest taking a look at the trim height in the workshop manual.
Also, depending on the class we offer different lower ball joints and upper control arms to keep the geometry under control even at very low ride heights.

Thank you,
Scott
Old 03-24-2017, 03:06 PM
SpectroRacing
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by HoosierPE
There is as trim height adjustment described in the workshop manual and it is the relationship between the inner control arm mounting and the ball joint. Lowering the car more than 1 to 1 1/4" below the stock ride height moves the roll center to ground level or below, and causes it to move laterally. When the roll center goes out of control the balance and driver feel changes as the car rolls. It sounds like the front is to low(many road racers use these springs in the T1 class). The rear ride height needs to come up so it's a little higher than the front to help the car turn in. I suggest taking a look at the trim height in the workshop manual.
Also, depending on the class we offer different lower ball joints and upper control arms to keep the geometry under control even at very low ride heights.

Thank you,
Scott
I wish I had a better picture, but this may suffice. As you can see, the front is taller than the stock ride height. Being at the stock ride height would be great. You can see that the rear is sitting pretty low, maybe a bit lower than stock. My splitter is VERY high off the ground.
Attached Images  
Old 02-07-2018, 09:19 PM
brandonmeeks77
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=SpectroRacing;1594373977]I wish I had a better picture, but this may suffice. As you can see, the front is taller than the stock ride height. Being at the stock ride height would be great. You can see that the rear is sitting pretty low, maybe a bit lower than stock. My splitter is VERY high off the ground.[/QUOTEJ

Have you figured out a solution to this yet?
Old 02-08-2018, 05:15 PM
road pilot
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,254 Likes on 817 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2016 C5 of Year Finalist

Have you considered lowering bolts???
Old 02-09-2018, 12:37 PM
SpectroRacing
Heel & Toe

The car settled a decent amount, but it's still higher than I would prefer. Lowering bolts wouldn't do anything. These springs come with bolts already. The best solution would be the LGM billet drop spindles, but I'm not going to spend that kind of money. To lower the splitter I installed a chin spoiler and moved the splitter lower. Now it's a better transition between splitter and bumper. The ride height is still about 1" higher than I'd prefer, but I'll live with it.
The following users liked this post:
NSFW (03-10-2018)
Old 02-09-2018, 10:37 PM
chetly
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 71 Posts

Your car definitely looks higher than mine. I have the track spring on the front and the street spring on the rear. Lowered all the way on the front.
Old 03-09-2018, 04:11 PM
Chiselchst
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 387 Likes on 286 Posts

May I pop in here and impose on you guys with a question?
I need about ~1/2" front height increase.

I have a 2012 GS M6, with a Maggie blower that added ~110 lbs to the front. My front end in super low, and rubs way too often. I'm really good at 45*'ing everything like driveways, and have maxed out the height adjustment bolts, but it is too low still.

Do you guys think the Hyperco Track/Solo 635# front spring would help? I have the LG Bars on my car (love them) with the super fat 38mm bar up front...ride quality is NOT a concern. It has the Mag ride, so I'm not too keen on coil overs at this point.

If I did those in the front (635# replacing stock 565#), should I install the matching rear set (850# replacing 765#)?

I have Toyo R888's on the rear, and R888R on the front, and the grip is incredible...

Thanks!

Last edited by Chiselchst; 03-10-2018 at 04:10 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Hyperco HPT Ride Height

Quick Reply: Hyperco HPT Ride Height