Sponsored by:

***Radioflyer's "Luminator" Low-Rise Headlight Pre-Sale GP***

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 11:46 PM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Received 630 Likes on 346 Posts

Default ***Radioflyer's "Luminator" Low-Rise Headlight Pre-Sale GP***

For years C5 owners have been wanting a low-rise headlight kit and Radioflyer Innovations has answered the call. We are proud to introduce the world's first HID/LED powered Low-rise projector system for the C5.

The kit uses Hella's 60mm sealed high and low beam modular projectors. The Low beam is powered by a 55w HID bulb and the High beam by a 6000 lumen Cree LED XHP-70 LED bulb.

Hardware consists of a lightweight reinforced aluminum frame and custom shortened lifting arm assembly. All hardware is 18-8 stainless steel. The system is completely plug-and-play/bolt on using factory connectors.

The Shrouds are still in the development phase. The final piece will be textured ABS like the factory and install using the same mounting screws.

This is a PRE-SALE GP. Here's how it works:

1. Your purchase will reserve you set of the very first run of these headlights.

2. Once the shroud molds have been completed, The GP will close so we can get an accurate gauge of how many shrouds to make. On the current schedule, the shroud mold should be completed by the end of May.

3. Production of all orders will begin upon completion of the GP. Best guess for production-to-ship time is 2-3 weeks. (Roughly mid/late June)

To Pre-order your set go here:
http://www.shop.radioflyerinnovation...e-Sale-100.htm

For more photos and information on the development of these lights, please go here:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...light-kit.html
Rises just 4" (nearly level with ground)

(compare to factory-height rise on passenger side)

The rough Shroud installed.

Last edited by TheRadioFlyer; 05-07-2017 at 03:55 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Plentyfast (05-08-2017)
Old 05-05-2017, 01:54 AM
Georgies
Burning Brakes

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Ok im in.
Old 05-05-2017, 05:53 AM
VerTigo456
Melting Slicks

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Woohoo!
Old 05-05-2017, 09:23 AM
raztek
Burning Brakes

Received 242 Likes on 139 Posts

George, please check your inbox. Sent you a note through your website. Email from Fchxxxxxxx@rogers.com
Old 05-05-2017, 11:48 AM
rrwirsi
Melting Slicks

Received 1,216 Likes on 776 Posts

Originally Posted by raztek
George, please check your inbox. Sent you a note through your website. Email from Fchxxxxxxx@rogers.com
Hope you have better luck getting response then I did with 3 emails asking questions on my Hi-4 Harness. This outfit needs to call Dennis at DD and Richard at Compliance Parts to find out what customer service is.
Old 05-05-2017, 12:41 PM
raztek
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rrwirsi
Hope you have better luck getting response then I did with 3 emails asking questions on my Hi-4 Harness. This outfit needs to call Dennis at DD and Richard at Compliance Parts to find out what customer service is.
Sorry to hear that. George has always been responsive to any questions I have had either on the forum or via his site - including getting on the phone with me to help with a question here and there with an install. My post here was not intended as a "where are you" post, just a "letting you know" to George as I am sure he will be checking in here throughout the first day of the GP. Cheers!

Last edited by raztek; 05-05-2017 at 12:43 PM.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:16 PM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by raztek
I'm not seeing an email from you. Did you go through the website? (I have been having trouble getting some emails through that link but don't know until a customer says they emailed me and i didn't get anything)

try emailing direct to me: radioflyer97@gmail.com
The following users liked this post:
rrwirsi (05-05-2017)
Old 05-05-2017, 01:43 PM
Georgies
Burning Brakes

George, I just have a few more questions before I send payment...

The angel eye option, solid white vs switchback. What does this mean exactly?

Also, driving around with my stock headlight and my upgraded sound system and new optima battery..my headlights do and still dimm when I'm blasting the sub woofers. Will this be a problem for the Luminators? Will it dimm them too or cause any sort of damage to the headlights?

Thanks so much.
Old 05-05-2017, 02:18 PM
raztek
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TheRadioFlyer
I'm not seeing an email from you. Did you go through the website? (I have been having trouble getting some emails through that link but don't know until a customer says they emailed me and i didn't get anything)

try emailing direct to me: radioflyer97@gmail.com
Sent
Old 05-05-2017, 03:36 PM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Georgies
George, I just have a few more questions before I send payment...

The angel eye option, solid white vs switchback. What does this mean exactly?

Also, driving around with my stock headlight and my upgraded sound system and new optima battery..my headlights do and still dimm when I'm blasting the sub woofers. Will this be a problem for the Luminators? Will it dimm them too or cause any sort of damage to the headlights?

Thanks so much.
Solid White Angel eyes only have a white function. Typically this it hooked up to the parking lights which allows them to be on with the headlights up but with the headlight itself off if you turn the headlight switch backwards one click after turning them on.

The Switchback Angel eyes have a white and amber function. Amber is on with DRL and turn signals and white is on for parking lights. At night, the turn signal will flash amber-off then resume white after the turn signal is turned off.

HID is a little more forgiving of voltage fluctuations because of the stability of the arc in the bulb being maintained by the HID ballast. Most ballasts can maintain the arc down to about 10v so you shouldn't have any issues.

That being said, I would look at doing the Big-3 wiring upgrade and depending on the size of your system, an aftermarket high-output alternator. I ran a 1200w system in my 02 on a factory alternator with minimal problems....but I also converted every non headlight/foglight bulb in the car to LED as well.
Old 05-06-2017, 09:45 AM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

bump
Old 05-08-2017, 08:43 AM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

bump
Old 05-08-2017, 11:56 AM
Georgies
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TheRadioFlyer
Solid White Angel eyes only have a white function. Typically this it hooked up to the parking lights which allows them to be on with the headlights up but with the headlight itself off if you turn the headlight switch backwards one click after turning them on.

The Switchback Angel eyes have a white and amber function. Amber is on with DRL and turn signals and white is on for parking lights. At night, the turn signal will flash amber-off then resume white after the turn signal is turned off.

HID is a little more forgiving of voltage fluctuations because of the stability of the arc in the bulb being maintained by the HID ballast. Most ballasts can maintain the arc down to about 10v so you shouldn't have any issues.

That being said, I would look at doing the Big-3 wiring upgrade and depending on the size of your system, an aftermarket high-output alternator. I ran a 1200w system in my 02 on a factory alternator with minimal problems....but I also converted every non headlight/foglight bulb in the car to LED as well.

Ok so white only is white always on with or without headlights on. No flasher function right?

And switchback means that it will flash with the flashers?

anyway to demonstrate this with one of your previous setups? I'm having a hard time understanding...I'm a little slow lol
Old 05-08-2017, 06:22 PM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Switchback functions

Note: The fancy flashing when the white function turns on is the camera frame rate picking up the PWM of the LEDs "warming up" feature. To the naked eye, the white just fades on to full brightness.

Old 05-08-2017, 09:02 PM
Georgies
Burning Brakes

TAKE MY MONEY!! Can I also get my hands on those side marker lights tinted?? Mine always fog up...
Old 05-08-2017, 09:26 PM
Lexybird
Pro

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

Spendy .. but wow those look so much cooler and more modern than a factory headlight
Old 05-09-2017, 12:06 AM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Lexybird
Spendy .. but wow those look so much cooler and more modern than a factory headlight
It's not all aesthetic: Check out the performance of just ONE headlight:
(the fence is over 150 ft away)

Low beam

Low + High beam

Originally Posted by Georgies
TAKE MY MONEY!! Can I also get my hands on those side marker lights tinted?? Mine always fog up...
we CAN tint those, but I would have to charge an additional $80

Get notified of new replies

To ***Radioflyer's "Luminator" Low-Rise Headlight Pre-Sale GP***

Old 05-11-2017, 08:55 AM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

We're getting 3D prototype of the shroud made which should be available in about a week. This will give the most accurate preview of the shroud prior to production and make production much easier.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:33 AM
algZO6
Melting Slicks

Received 106 Likes on 80 Posts

Do you do trade ins on your bi-xenon ACAs?? LOL
Old 05-19-2017, 09:16 AM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

bump

Quick Reply: ***Radioflyer's "Luminator" Low-Rise Headlight Pre-Sale GP***