friou
Melting Slicks

Received 767 Likes on 590 Posts

Very, very nice!! Lookin good!! Take care
Old 06-11-2017, 06:42 AM
Brackets
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

I've never used their products before. Could you please describe what the paint correction phase entails?
Old 06-11-2017, 06:53 AM
Roddy13
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 97 Posts

I'm curious what people do not like about this product??
Old 06-11-2017, 08:41 AM
tcstaples
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Paint correction

Neal Chadwick has a video that demonstrates the complete paint correction process. Watch it and it will answer any questions you may have
Originally Posted by Roddy13
Old 06-11-2017, 09:20 AM
Glasact
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 49 Posts

Old 06-11-2017, 04:10 PM
calguy
Drifting

Received 150 Likes on 96 Posts

In my case, it is not about dis liking the product, as I have never used it.
When I can get the same, or better results at less money, and time with a different product, it makes more sense to stay away from Chadwicks products.

Bob.

Last edited by calguy; 06-11-2017 at 06:41 PM.
Old 06-11-2017, 06:10 PM
C5R USA
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Ideals are peaceful...History is violent...St.Charles, MO.
Received 441 Likes on 228 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

More often than not, it's because they haven't tried it. I was like many here when Neal first introduced his product on the forum, highly skeptical. I mean come on, whoever heard of a car care product for the exterior that it didn't need to be washed first? People have been washing their cars/waxing them the conventional way for over a century. It's a tried and true system that works. Is it the best? Opinions vary....

What I can tell you from using CTP for many years now, is that it is the REAL DEAL. The paint correction system or applying CTP for the first time will take some extra time, how long depends on the person. I just know that after that first application, cleaning with CTP is an absolute breeze compared to washing and waxing. People say they can wash and wax in 45 minutes and do a decent job?? Good luck with that.. That 45 minutes is generally my time frame for doing the paint only, and to me that's the biggie.... What sold me was never having to worry about water spots from washing, and having a black car, it was the way to go.

I have the luxury of delivering some of the most exotic cars on the planet to dealerships and private owners across the nation, and I've personally picked up/delivered cars to Lamborghini of Palm Beach where Neal's product is used, and they rave about.

Nothing wrong with the conventional system, and using multiple products to achieve a great luster and depth in paint. I'm a steadfast believer in CTP for the beautiful results it achieves in relatively short time, without breaking my back to do it.

Chadwick's Triple Play results after 4 years of use....

Last edited by C5R USA; 07-18-2017 at 01:14 AM. Reason: added photo
The following 3 users liked this post by C5R USA:
doublenut9 (06-15-2017), Pounder (06-11-2017), Z28ImpalaSS (06-21-2017)
Old 06-11-2017, 07:09 PM
calguy
Drifting

Received 150 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by C5R USA
More often than not, it's because they haven't tried it. I was like many here when Neal first introduced his product on the forum, highly skeptical. I mean come on, whoever heard of a car care product for the exterior that it didn't need to be washed first? People have been washing their cars/waxing them the conventional way for over a century. It's a tried and true system that works. Is it the best? Opinions vary....

What I can tell you from using CTP for many years now, is that it is the REAL DEAL. The paint correction system or applying CTP for the first time will take some extra time, how long depends on the person. I just know that after that first application, cleaning with CTP is an absolute breeze compared to washing and waxing. People say they can wash and wax in 45 minutes and do a decent job?? Good luck with that.. That 45 minutes is generally my time frame for doing the paint only, and to me that's the biggie.... What sold me was never having to worry about water spots from washing, and having a black car, it was the way to go.

I have the luxury of delivering some of the most exotic cars on the planet to dealerships and private owners across the nation, and I've personally picked up/delivered cars to Lamborghini of Palm Beach where Neal's product is used, and they rave about.

Nothing wrong with the conventional system, and using multiple products to achieve a great luster and depth in paint. I'm a steadfast believer in CTP for the beautiful results it achieves in relatively short time, without breaking my back to do it.

Chadwick's Triple Play results after 4 years of use....

Ok, so your car looks nice, but not any nicer than mine.

So I have to ask, why go through the expense, and triple stage work,and product, to get the same result that I get without all that?
Sure, in the beginning I had to clay the finish to get it contaminant free, but that is where the similarity stops.
Once a good coat of turtle wax is applied, clear water and proper drying is all that is needed.

My honest opinion is that Chadwicks, and any of those expensive detailing products, are nothing more than hype to empty one's wallet.

When one can obtain the same, or better results with a much less expensive product, that is less time consuming,I can only add, the proof is in the results.
Some may comment that the more expensive products give longer protection, as opposed to products like turtle wax.

Can't speak for other products, but turtle wax leaves a coating that has shown to last long periods of time.

I stated earlier that I wax my vehicles twice a year.

Not that the original wax has given up on protecting the finish, but as a matter of principal, I have always waxed my vehicles , my entire life, twice a year, whether they needed it or not.

SO, as I stated in another post in this thread, continue using your more expensive products, if that's what gets you through the day.

Me, I like saving money, and I hate wasting it.

Bob.

Last edited by calguy; 06-11-2017 at 07:13 PM.
Old 06-11-2017, 07:46 PM
BAT
Le Mans Master

Received 1,256 Likes on 550 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Bob, you're a pretty funny guy. Thanks for the entertaining replies. If plumbers putty and turtle wax works for you, awesome!

I've tried all those traditional methods and products before, on my old cars. They all had plenty of shine and reflection, but up close, they still had those damn damn swirls and scratches. They were the typical "two footer" finishes. From two feet away, awesone!!!

Now that I've had a chance to use CTP, there is no more "two footer". Theres also no more wax on wax off, damn, i got some in the cracks of the quarter panel, or the edge of the hood, etc. Now I simply spray, wipe, buff with the back side of the microfiber, done. Nothing, and i mean nothing has given me a finish like this.
You can certainly make your claims that yiur method is better, and produces a better result, but I'm calling BS. Why, you might ask? Because I've read, and have seen first hand what CTP does. I've read it from hundreds of users. Yoir method.... one testimonial. Yours. Ive used clay bar. Ive used turtle wax. Ive used NuFinish. Ive used..... lots of products.

Keep on with your methods, start your own threads about the mirror finish you got. Im willing to bet i won't reply with how my method is better and you're wasting your time. If it works for you, kudos to you. This method works for me, and obviously for others too. I personally wouldn't rub plumbers putty and then use turtle wax, or most of those traditional paste waxes on my car or truck. I know the work involved with those products, and i know the work involved with CTP. No comparison.

The following users liked this post:
C5R USA (06-11-2017)
Old 06-11-2017, 09:06 PM
C5R USA
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Ideals are peaceful...History is violent...St.Charles, MO.
Received 441 Likes on 228 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Originally Posted by calguy
Ok, so your car looks nice, but not any nicer than mine.

So I have to ask, why go through the expense, and triple stage work,and product, to get the same result that I get without all that?
Sure, in the beginning I had to clay the finish to get it contaminant free, but that is where the similarity stops.
Once a good coat of turtle wax is applied, clear water and proper drying is all that is needed.

My honest opinion is that Chadwicks, and any of those expensive detailing products, are nothing more than hype to empty one's wallet.

When one can obtain the same, or better results with a much less expensive product, that is less time consuming,I can only add, the proof is in the results.
Some may comment that the more expensive products give longer protection, as opposed to products like turtle wax.

Can't speak for other products, but turtle wax leaves a coating that has shown to last long periods of time.

I stated earlier that I wax my vehicles twice a year.

Not that the original wax has given up on protecting the finish, but as a matter of principal, I have always waxed my vehicles , my entire life, twice a year, whether they needed it or not.

SO, as I stated in another post in this thread, continue using your more expensive products, if that's what gets you through the day.

Me, I like saving money, and I hate wasting it.

Bob.
Bob....You're missing the point. I'm not here to get into a pissing contest over who's car has the better shine. Somewhere along the line, someone always has something that's better. Your car obviously looks good. There's no denying that. The OP made a thread based on results he achieved with Chadwick's and I have to say I'm not surprised at what he accomplished, great job BAT, it turned out beautiful, that's some serious deep luster....

Chadwicks's on a daily basis use would get expensive but, for those of us that don't, it's time and cost effective. I spend $150.00 every 2-3 years to detail 4 Vettes. That's 4 years of not using a drop of water, which we all pay for in some form or another. I don't like wasting money or time for that matter, and IMO and results, Chadwick's delivers great results saving both.

You keep right on using Turtle Wax, it obviously is a good product and you like the results and it shows. Like BAT said, we've been there doing the routine you've done, and have had our fill of it. Try Chadwick's first before knocking it...

Best regards,

Tom M.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:05 AM
mikeam
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

VERY NICE! Gonna have to try it myself.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:11 AM
Staxmans99
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by doublenut9
I love Chadwicks!!! Great finish, looks super!
Chadwicks is great stuff
Old 06-12-2017, 01:16 PM
Fastbird
Race Director
Pro Mechanic

Received 813 Likes on 431 Posts
C5 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
2017 C5 of the Year Finalist
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist
2015 C5 of the Year Finalist
I Believe In The Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Ok, I'm not a motorcycle guy, but DAMN!!!!! That thing is absolutely stunning.
The following users liked this post:
Sydwayz (06-12-2017)
Old 06-12-2017, 01:57 PM
BAT
Le Mans Master

Received 1,256 Likes on 550 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by Brackets
I've never used their products before. Could you please describe what the paint correction phase entails?
Like mentioned, Chadwick's has instructional video's on their web site. It's a simple 3 step process. Each pad is numbered and the corresponding polish bottle is also numbered (pad #1 is used with bottle #1, pad #2 used with bottle #2). Its really THAT easy.
Old 06-12-2017, 02:15 PM
nickwfd92
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Love Chadwicks, I have been a user for over a year now, and Neil is a great guy and amazing customer service.
Everyone that sees my car, asks me what I use and I tell them. I can honestly say I have used many things over the years and detailed cars professionally for 10 years and my car has never looked better. I was amazed at just what the Triple play did to my car then I get the paint correction system and its better then when it drove off the showroom.
BAT your car looks great.
Old 06-12-2017, 05:06 PM
4XLR8N
Le Mans Master
Pro Mechanic

Received 1,660 Likes on 1,214 Posts

Man, that black paint looks awesome!

I have used chadwicks for several years now on my Vette...Sebring Silver so the shine isn't as impressive as yours, but I think it does a very nice job on the silver too.

Old 06-12-2017, 05:45 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,635 Posts

Chadwick's is the reason my silver shines more than most !!!

Get notified of new replies

To Chadwick's Triple Play... say what you want, pictures say it all

Old 06-12-2017, 06:23 PM
Bobd207s
Burning Brakes

Location: Cancer Sucks - please donate to Corvettes Conquer Cancer
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Cruise-In X Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

I've been using CTP for over 2 years now and love it. in the past I always clayed the car, degreased and then put a coat of Rejex on 2 days in a row. This process took many hours and the car came out great !! But in 20 minutes using CTP I get as good if not better results !! As far as cost I find that I use very little product when I do an application. I'd rather be driving my car than washing it and waxing it for hours like I used to do. Give it a try I think it's well worth the cost !
Old 06-12-2017, 07:09 PM
Kbuth
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bobd207s
I've been using CTP for over 2 years now and love it. in the past I always clayed the car, degreased and then put a coat of Rejex on 2 days in a row. This process took many hours and the car came out great !! But in 20 minutes using CTP I get as good if not better results !! As far as cost I find that I use very little product when I do an application. I'd rather be driving my car than washing it and waxing it for hours like I used to do. Give it a try I think it's well worth the cost !
Hi. Can you use any microfiber towels or buy his? Thanks for the advice in advance. If his, how many towels for a car
Old 06-12-2017, 08:10 PM
IMXCITD
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 307 Likes on 290 Posts

good job.....came out great!

Quick Reply: Chadwick's Triple Play... say what you want, pictures say it all