Sponsored by:

Real Carbon Fiber Flag Inlays

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 10:48 AM
InfiniteReality
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by 98C5P
The front emblem has two pins to locate it in the bumper. Other than that they are identical.
Learned something new, thanks! I guess if you're confident in line up a new rear one on the front you won't need the pins?

When I did my rear one, before I pulled the stock one off I taped around the perimeter to help with placing it the same spot as the original one.
Old 06-14-2017, 03:19 PM
InfiniteReality
Racer

Figured I'd post an update since I just found out. He had to order some more epoxy for them, BUT said he's finishing up a few more this evening assuming doesn't run into any issues.
Old 06-15-2017, 01:10 PM
alxltd1
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 99 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by InfiniteReality
Figured I'd post an update since I just found out. He had to order some more epoxy for them, BUT said he's finishing up a few more this evening assuming doesn't run into any issues.
I purchased, yesterday, what was his last of that batch. I see today he has 2 more available. I just had my coupe repainted black, and I am in the processing of shopping for a carbon fiber blower hood that these will compliment. Nice find! Thanks.
The following users liked this post:
NebraskaTrevor (06-15-2017)
Old 06-15-2017, 01:25 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

I ordered a set as well and made another suggestion that he is considering, hopefully that will turn out as good as these inlays
NebraskaTrevor (06-15-2017)
Old 06-16-2017, 02:11 PM
InfiniteReality
Racer

If anyone is interested, there's 2 sets available right now. ALSO he has some red kevlar/carbon due in tomorrow (think red and black) and will make some inlays in that pretty soon.

I'm curious, anyone got their inlays installed yet? It's kinda early, but figured I'd ask. I'm dying to see pictures on other colors.

Originally Posted by neutron82
I ordered a set as well and made another suggestion that he is considering, hopefully that will turn out as good as these inlays
You suggestion is now a reality, just saw a set on his car and fitment was spot on. This dude is good and his attention to detail is awesome. I don't know how he gets stuff drawn so exact and this is coming from someone that knows how to use CAD like a ****, lol. I must say, they looked alot better than I expected as well, guess I'll have to get some soon too!
Old 06-16-2017, 04:21 PM
alxltd1
Melting Slicks

If anyone is interested, there's 2 sets available right now. ALSO he has some red kevlar/carbon due in tomorrow (think red and black) and will make some inlays in that pretty soon.

I'm curious, anyone got their inlays installed yet? It's kinda early, but figured I'd ask. I'm dying to see pictures on other colors.

You suggestion is now a reality, just saw a set on his car and fitment was spot on. This dude is good and his attention to detail is awesome. I don't know how he gets stuff drawn so exact and this is coming from someone that knows how to use CAD like a ****, lol. I must say, they looked alot better than I expected as well, guess I'll have to get some soon too!
sooo....what was new suggestion/idea???????????

Shipping was quick, they were delivered today. Unfortunately I am out of town until the 27th so wont be able to see or install them until later this month.

Last edited by alxltd1; 06-16-2017 at 04:23 PM.
Old 06-16-2017, 05:30 PM
InfiniteReality
Racer

Originally Posted by alxltd1
sooo....what was new suggestion/idea???????????

Shipping was quick, they were delivered today. Unfortunately I am out of town until the 27th so wont be able to see or install them until later this month.
Please post some pictures and thoughts when you do.

The suggestion was some carbon fiber covers to fit on the coolant and brake reservoirs.
Old 06-16-2017, 05:33 PM
alxltd1
Melting Slicks

Please post some pictures and thoughts when you do.

The suggestion was some carbon fiber covers to fit on the coolant and brake reservoirs.
Great after I spent a small fortune getting smooth tank covers painted and hydro dipped to look like CF. Oh well, can always pull them off.
Old 06-16-2017, 05:39 PM
InfiniteReality
Racer

Originally Posted by alxltd1
Great after I spent a small fortune getting smooth tank covers painted and hydro dipped to look like CF. Oh well, can always pull them off.
Damn it, left out a key word... What get for not rereading when replying from my phone. Sorry about that! I can suggest full covers though, would look awesome in real carbon fiber!

Reservoir cap covers.
Old 06-16-2017, 05:46 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

I suggested some carbon reservoir caps and it looks like he made them for the brake/clutch master cylinder, power steering, coolant, and windshield washer caps... I will let him post the pics he sent me if he wants to but they look pretty cool, looking forward to getting those and adding some final touches to the engine bay
Tusc (06-19-2020)
Old 06-16-2017, 10:57 PM
alxltd1
Melting Slicks

Damn it, left out a key word... What get for not rereading when replying from my phone. Sorry about that! I can suggest full covers though, would look awesome in real carbon fiber!

Reservoir cap covers.
I suggested some carbon reservoir caps and it looks like he made them for the brake/clutch master cylinder, power steering, coolant, and windshield washer caps... I will let him post the pics he sent me if he wants to but they look pretty cool, looking forward to getting those and adding some final touches to the engine bay
Ahh OK "caps". Actual caps or covers for the caps? I currently have these from American Hydro Carbon on smooth black tank covers. That spot on the one cap is a reflection not a defect. Have not installed them yet because I purchased new coolant and windshield washer tanks and a billet aluminum power steering reservoir. But if he came out with real CF caps I would be interested.
Name:  IMG_20151214_083243_zpsqxndhtjy.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  351.1 KB
Name:  IMG_20151214_082146_zpsim4healq.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  135.6 KB
Old 06-16-2017, 11:06 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

yes they are real carbon and they just stick to the top of the cap and don't cover the sides... the ones you have look pretty good in my opinion
alxltd1 (06-16-2017)
Old 06-16-2017, 11:18 PM
alxltd1
Melting Slicks

yes they are real carbon and they just stick to the top of the cap and don't cover the sides... the ones you have look pretty good in my opinion
Thanks. I like them because they are actual GM caps hydro dipped not covers. i understand producing actual carbon fiber caps would be out of the realm of possibility for other than a major manufacturer.
Old 06-19-2017, 09:00 AM
InfiniteReality
Racer

Washed the car, drove it over the weekend and yesterday evening I took some pictures to share of the emblems installed.

Name:  IMG_4262.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  135.6 KB
Name:  IMG_4270.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  104.2 KB
Name:  IMG_4274.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  108.3 KB
Name:  IMG_4273.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  112.7 KB
Name:  IMG_4277.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  109.8 KB
Name:  IMG_4278.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  142.3 KB
Name:  IMG_4282.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  106.3 KB
Name:  IMG_4287.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  111.2 KB
Name:  IMG_4289.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  99.0 KB
Name:  IMG_4290.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  80.6 KB
Name:  IMG_4292.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  104.3 KB
Tusc (06-19-2020)
Old 06-19-2017, 02:02 PM
BillY2KFRC
Le Mans Master

Received 347 Likes on 192 Posts

I found the seller on eBay and ordered a set for my car. I currently have the vinyl carbon fiber stickers on my emblems. My current ones look nice, but your pics really sold me on these and figured for $60 I couldn't go wrong to match all the other real carbon I have on my car. I have an 03, thus the 50th emblems and some silver is peeling off my trunk emblem. Annoyingly, this particular one is much more expensive than the standard one, so there was another $100 spent, LOL... but, like you, I figure as long as I'm doing all this, I might as well make it perfect.

I'll post pics after my emblem renovation project is completed.

Any advice for replacing the rear emblem? Guessing the typical heat gun and fishing line will do the trick? How about removing the OEM inlays from the emblems?

Thank you!!!
Old 06-19-2017, 02:08 PM
InfiniteReality
Racer

Originally Posted by BillY2KFRC
I found the seller on eBay and ordered a set for my car. I currently have the vinyl carbon fiber stickers on my emblems. My current ones look nice, but your pics really sold me on these and figured for $60 I couldn't go wrong to match all the other real carbon I have on my car. I have an 03, thus the 50th emblems and some silver is peeling off my trunk emblem. Annoyingly, this particular one is much more expensive than the standard one, so there was another $100 spent, LOL... but, like you, I figure as long as I'm doing all this, I might as well make it perfect.

I'll post pics after my emblem renovation project is completed.

Any advice for replacing the rear emblem? Guessing the typical heat gun and fishing line will do the trick? How about removing the OEM inlays from the emblems?

Thank you!!!
I was removing my side body molding as well and used fishing line to get the rear one off. . I'd bet if you just let it sit in the sun for a couple hours, you could get it off equally as quick. I used an eraser wheel on a drill to get off the adhesive and then a little Goo Gone to get rid of the rest. The flags came off, as well as the adhesive, MUCH easier than the SBM.

Before I removed the emblem, I used some blue painters tape around the perimeter of it to make it easier to get it centered. In the end, for me it wasn't really needed. Since I didn't clay bar or buff where the emblem use to go, I could still see a faint outline of the flag in the glare so just used it to align the new flags.

I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures!
Old 06-20-2017, 12:28 PM
InfiniteReality
Racer

I think he shipped BillY2KFRC's set yesterday. He just listed another one and a 2nd set is in process and then he's got to make another sheet of carbon for more of them and other stuff.

Since these are pertaining to flag inlays, figured I'd share these. Right now I'm regretting having the Magnaflow setup that blocks where I could put the carbon sheet with the flags and carbon inlays! I did get a set of the reservoir cap covers in yesterday.

Name:  Trevor%201.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  102.6 KB
Name:  Trevor%202.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  187.7 KB

Get notified of new replies

To Real Carbon Fiber Flag Inlays

Old 06-20-2017, 02:34 PM
LoneStarLizzard
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

When I picked up my C5 a month ago, the front flag was missing one side of the inlay so I was on eBay looking for a replacement and possibly some vinyl tint so they didn't stand out as much against the MSG paint. I sent a chance message to a seller that makes them for the C6's to ask if he maybe sold them for C5's. On his reply he's apparently been seriously considering doing one for his C5, so after a few messages back and forth, he bit the bullet and made one for our C5's. I didn't think twice about purchasing his next set, and best part is the cost for front AND rear flags is about the same as one new OEM emblem. I'm not sure how in the world he does them but just makes them on the side and quality is top notch! The height of them is spot on to the OEM inlays too.
I just sent you a pm. This vendor is clever, so I want to pick his brain a bit and see if he can do something "special" for me.

Thanks,

the Lizzard
Old 06-20-2017, 02:54 PM
LoganExplosion
Drifting

Received 157 Likes on 112 Posts

Man! Those really look great. Thanks for posting pictures everyone. Think you just made my decision for me.
Old 06-20-2017, 03:31 PM
mstromquist
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,867 Likes on 1,672 Posts
2015 C5 of the Year Winner

I haven't taken the time to install mine as of yet, sorry about that. But I did go to his store and also saw these. I have carbon fiber "things" under my hood so thought these would fit right in and I HAD to have them. Haven't taken the time to install them yet either. Back to working the night shift tonight so it won't be until this next weekend before I install them all.

This is a picture he uses on his site about them. They mount using the aft headlight cover screws.

The following 2 users liked this post by mstromquist:
InfiniteReality (06-21-2017), NebraskaTrevor (06-20-2017)

Quick Reply: Real Carbon Fiber Flag Inlays