Sponsored by:

TCS/ABS now intermittently working

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 04:18 PM
ZO6_Dom
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default TCS/ABS now intermittently working

Hey guys! here's a little background on whats going on.

I bought my car with the TCS/ABS light always on and after owning my 03 ZO6 for about a month now and spending tons of time trying to track down why the TCS/ABS was reading no comm.
I was also tracking down why my HVAC (which worked in my dads Z) had no power in my car.
It led me to replacing my ignition switch, which did fix my AC problem and also TCS/ABS was no longer reading comm it was actually giving codes and saying "service traction control" "service abs"

These are the codes I was getting
TCS
DTC C1214 Solenoid Valve Relay Contact or Coil Circuit Open
DTC C1277 Requested Torque Signal Circuit Malfunction
DTC C1287 Steering Sensor Rate Malfunction

BCM
DTC B0432 Rear Defogger Relay Circuit
DTC B2723 PASS-Key Detection Circuit

SDM
DTC U1001-U1254 Lost Communication with XXX

Fast forward about a week of driving it with the new ignition switch, I was driving the car this weekend and all of a sudden for the first time in a month of daily driving the car the lights on my dash were off! I pushed the traction button and sure enough it cycles through "traction control on" "traction control off"

Ever since then its been really tempermental 50% of the time or less when I start it the traction control works and the other half of the time lights are back on and says to service traction control again.

I was about to send my module to absfixer to have it repaired but now that it actually comes on i'm starting to think it could be a loose ground or wire? any thoughts or opinions?

Thanks for the help as always guys!
Old 08-14-2017, 06:12 PM
001pewter
Race Director

Received 129 Likes on 99 Posts
St.. Jude Donor '17-'18

If you can somewhat solder you really don't have to send that off to get it fixed. It's pretty simple really, the hardest part is getting the case apart. I had the 1214 code and cleaned my ignition switch real well and it didn't clear so I hit the cold solder joints and haven't had the 1214 in a couple years.

Quick Reply: TCS/ABS now intermittently working