Sponsored by:

Strange differential chatter

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 03:34 PM
jjc508520
Melting Slicks

Received 386 Likes on 286 Posts
Default Strange differential chatter

Over the weekend took my bro-in-law for a spin. Goosed it once and backed it down - then made a left turn into a parking lot - I was in a lower gear (downshifting) at the time I made the turn-in and I felt/heard this wierd "shudder" that I'm guessing came from the diff. I had changed the fluid maybe a year ago - but I do track it on occasion.

Also on note - after sitting in the garage for a week or so I'll start it and put it into reverse to back out and I'll get a little "bang" out of the back - like the clutches were locked up and just broke loose.

Opinions appreciated - thanks
Old 10-16-2017, 08:16 PM
bobs77vet
Race Director

Location: Arlington Va Current ride 04 vert, previous vettes: 69 vert, 77 resto mod
Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by jjc508520
Over the weekend took my bro-in-law for a spin. Goosed it once and backed it down - then made a left turn into a parking lot - I was in a lower gear (downshifting) at the time I made the turn-in and I felt/heard this wierd "shudder" that I'm guessing came from the diff. I had changed the fluid maybe a year ago - but I do track it on occasion.

Also on note - after sitting in the garage for a week or so I'll start it and put it into reverse to back out and I'll get a little "bang" out of the back - like the clutches were locked up and just broke loose.

Opinions appreciated - thanks
when you goosed it was the active handling enabled? perhaps it was trying to limit the wheel spin?

Quick Reply: Strange differential chatter