Sponsored by:

Best Online Source for Slave

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 10:17 PM
getherejune
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Best Online Source for Slave

Hi all-so after a depressing weekend of coming to grips with having to replace the slave cylinder (and doing lots of reading when grumpy) i want to make sure i do this right. so, going to replace the master, slave, and pilot bearing. Probably will replace the clutch, flywheel, prsr plate too unless it looks perfect (but i doubt it knowing my luck!). Also going to put in a remote bleeder. So:
1) Is their an online source to purchase all this from, or will it run just about the same at a dealer? i know i have worked a ton on our toyota/honda dd's and i can usually find OEM parts for way cheaper than the stealership. I want to stay OEM with these items as well - can anyone recommend an online source for this stuff to save some cash or is buying from my local dealer going to be about the same?
2) Are some remote bleeders better than others? I have a feeling that when i flush the system it will be a one man show (my wife has kind of gotten grumpy over the years with the "it will just take 5 minutes sweetie!" line)
3) Should i go with zo6 parts for any of these? (i have an 02 coupe-no plans to track it. Reliability is my main goal here)

should be it-im sure i'll have more questions as i move forward. Thanks so much all Trying to stay positive and remember how much fun this car is for us to drive-helps ease the pain just a bit!
jp
Old 11-22-2017, 02:14 AM
Crosis
Drifting

Received 420 Likes on 281 Posts

Just throwing this out there... the thread title is a bit shocking LOL
The following users liked this post:
chasboy (11-22-2017)
Old 11-22-2017, 07:20 AM
acuevo
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 74 Posts

Thought they outlawed that many, many years ago

Last edited by acuevo; 11-22-2017 at 07:22 AM.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:24 AM
rrwirsi
Melting Slicks

Received 1,215 Likes on 775 Posts

Originally Posted by acuevo

Thought they outlawed that many, many years ago
I guess you are not married.
Old 11-22-2017, 09:47 AM
getherejune
Instructor

Hah! i thought that as soon as i posted it - i'm an 8th grade teacher so i always get the "you are as bad as your kids!" comment from my wife. Makes me feel good that some of you guys out there think like me and that i'm not totally messed up yet
Old 11-22-2017, 12:18 PM
johnson-rod
Melting Slicks

Received 367 Likes on 260 Posts

You are in the same situation that I faced about 7 years ago. It's not a death sentence but more of a chance to bond with your Corvette. Get a copy of Dope's clutch write-up and start gathering jack stands. The clutch master and slave are best from GM and the remote bleeder is up to you. The process took me 3 weekends. No rocket science or special tools needed.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:59 PM
66dts-v
Drifting

Received 76 Likes on 65 Posts

I got all my clutch parts from gmpartshouse and went LS7 clutch with LS6 slave/master. By far the best price and great service.
Old 11-22-2017, 01:09 PM
TPFKATK
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You can get the LUK 04-905 from Rock Auto or Amazon for cheap. No longer comes with a release bearing but still shows it in the ad and on the box. I went with AC Delco for that. Only place I could find a "matching" LUK slave was Carolina Clutch in Charlotte.
Old 11-22-2017, 02:00 PM
getherejune
Instructor

wow-you weren't kidding 66! slave is 134 on GMPW and i just called my local stealership....wait for it....225! my gosh. well, thats at least one bright spot in this whole thing! thanks tons

Get notified of new replies

To Best Online Source for Slave

Quick Reply: Best Online Source for Slave