Sponsored by:

Show me your custom C5 interior

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 06:14 PM
dinocajic
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by chasboy
You relocated the HVAC to the glove compartment!!!! More details please!!!!
Yes! I hate the HVAC controls! After spending months trying to figure out the simplest solution to this I decided to just shove it in the glove box. I cut the wires, soldered extensions and made sure that there was enough wire to get into the glove box. There was a rubber plug in the glove-box that I popped out and shoved the wires through and re-soldered the connector. I plugged the connector into the HVAC controls and placed it into the glove-box. I had to cut the plastic pieces from the side to make it fit perfectly. Fits really snug.
Old 01-15-2018, 06:48 PM
MYZ061080
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by grampi50
Looks fantastic! What seat skins are those, and where did you get that center console lid?
Thanks !
The seats skins were in the car when I purchased it. I assume that they're OEM. I purchased the console cover from Mid America Motor Works ( Effingham Illinois).

Last edited by MYZ061080; 01-15-2018 at 06:48 PM.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:23 PM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Received 914 Likes on 721 Posts
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by dinocajic
Yes! I hate the HVAC controls! After spending months trying to figure out the simplest solution to this I decided to just shove it in the glove box. I cut the wires, soldered extensions and made sure that there was enough wire to get into the glove box. There was a rubber plug in the glove-box that I popped out and shoved the wires through and re-soldered the connector. I plugged the connector into the HVAC controls and placed it into the glove-box. I had to cut the plastic pieces from the side to make it fit perfectly. Fits really snug.
You’re a man after my own heart! Well done!! I’d love to replace it completely but I think thats a project down a long and lonely road.
Old 08-08-2018, 02:30 PM
StocktonC7GS
Pro

Received 418 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by workmanw
Thanks! They’re Apsis.
Love the Apsis seats. How long have you had them and how are they for comfort? We do some spirited driving, but mostly long road trips and the stock seats are just no bueno.

Quick Reply: Show me your custom C5 interior