RPM transmission owners come in! - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RPM transmission owners come in!

Old 06-14-2018, 07:21 PM
TiminatorLSx
CF Senior Member

Default RPM transmission owners come in!

Hey everyone. I'll keep this short n sweet. So after having bad experiences with local transmission shops that just can't get the job done right I've decided to pull the trigger on a level V RPM 4l60e as well as a Yank SS3200 converter (throwing some 3.42s in as well since it's the best time) basically I just want to hear your testimonies, how long has it lasted you? How much rwhp are you pushing? Do you track/aggressively drive your car often? Mainly looking for answers from those who own autos but if you have a manual your input is still welcome, doesn't matter what level you have.
Old 06-14-2018, 07:41 PM
Route99
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '17-Ď18

Giving some thought to a RPM diff later on, so interested in any new feedback.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:30 PM
neutron82
Bangin' Gears
Support Corvetteforum!

not a trans but they did put together my diff for me and they are a great group of guys, I highly recommend them... I was running into snags trying to get it built locally and they were very helpful in giving me the info I needed to get it done properly so on that note I just sent it all to them, they more than earned the small fee they charged me to finish it up... Rick at RKT56 is also a guy that I would trust, I'm not 100% sure but I think he only does manuals
Old 06-14-2018, 09:47 PM
Forcedvert
CF Senior Member

I have a lvl VI RPM trans with 3400 stall and 342’s at about 550HP/TQ. I put my foot in it very hard as often as I can. I don’t track my car because its a vert and have been told I can’t run without a cage but I hard launch a lot. I have had no problems. I do recommend a trans cooler, mine ran hot so I have a separate fan cooled B&M cooler mounted under my headlight on drivers side, it works great.

Good luck

Last edited by Forcedvert; 06-14-2018 at 09:48 PM.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:55 PM
TiminatorLSx
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Forcedvert View Post
I have a lvl VI RPM trans with 3400 stall and 342ís at about 550HP/TQ. I put my foot in it very hard as often as I can. I donít track my car because its a vert and have been told I canít run without a cage but I hard launch a lot. I have had no problems. I do recommend a trans cooler, mine ran hot so I have a separate fan cooled B&M cooler mounted under my headlight on drivers side, it works great.

Good luck
Originally Posted by neutron82 View Post
not a trans but they did put together my diff for me and they are a great group of guys, I highly recommend them... I was running into snags trying to get it built locally and they were very helpful in giving me the info I needed to get it done properly so on that note I just sent it all to them, they more than earned the small fee they charged me to finish it up... Rick at RKT56 is also a guy that I would trust, I'm not 100% sure but I think he only does manuals
Thanks for the replies guys, so far I have yet to read anything bad about them which is giving me the peace of mind I desparately need after what I've been through lol, Forcedvert I put a tranny cooler on my car last year, so good to go on that part
Old 06-15-2018, 07:14 AM
furious465
CF Senior Member

I had them build my rear, they shipped it to Florida, the entire process went great, you pay a little more through them but you get what you pay for, my rear turned out great.