Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Projector Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 05:21 AM
alcoed
Racer

Received 106 Likes on 50 Posts

I installed a 'cheap' set of projectors about a year and a half ago with hids' installed on the low beams. I am happy with the performance, brightness, and looks. Have had no issues or faults. Probably the rfs maybe brighter, but they should be for 3 times the price.

lights
Old 11-14-2018, 08:27 AM
grampi50
Le Mans Master

Received 548 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by alcoed
I installed a 'cheap' set of projectors about a year and a half ago with hids' installed on the low beams. I am happy with the performance, brightness, and looks. Have had no issues or faults. Probably the rfs maybe brighter, but they should be for 3 times the price.

lights
Now this is what I'm talking about. It sounds like what you went with made enough of an improvement to make it worthwhile, without spending a ton of money. If you don't mind me asking, how much did this cost?
Old 11-14-2018, 03:16 PM
dleibman
Drifting

Received 384 Likes on 235 Posts

lights
Good looking lights. You installed them yourself you stated. Can you give us more information on this set and cost. Live in Pgi. Thanks sir
would love to see them at night

Last edited by dleibman; 11-14-2018 at 04:23 PM.
Old 11-14-2018, 05:27 PM
alcoed
Racer

Received 106 Likes on 50 Posts

It's been almost 2 years since the install, so I cannot give an exact cost, but I know it was not more than 250 bucks including hid kits. The only real problem I had , which wasn't much of a problem, was that I had to install a set of load resisters so the lids would close. The hids are somewhat like leds meaning they don't draw much power.
Old 11-14-2018, 09:30 PM
Tsumi
Drifting

Received 357 Likes on 289 Posts

lights
It's not just the brightness, it's the light dispersion. HIDs in halogen projectors are not going to have anywhere near the proper light dispersion HID projectors would (i.e. light focused where it's not needed, and not enough light where it is needed). Not to mention with most HID projectors you get bi-xenon functionality, which really brightens up the high beams.
Old 11-17-2018, 10:32 AM
smitty2919
Safety Car

Received 2,028 Likes on 1,197 Posts

You guys complaining about stock C5 headlights being bad haven't driven a 95 Camaro...my C5 lights are 2x better than my Camaro lights lol
Old 11-17-2018, 12:26 PM
dleibman
Drifting

Went to a local car show this morning. More Vette’s than any other cars. Spoke to several c5 owners, all running oem including bulbs. Not one complaint about the lights from any of them, interesting. And they drive at night.
Old 11-17-2018, 12:59 PM
Tsumi
Drifting

Received 357 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by smitty2919
You guys complaining about stock C5 headlights being bad haven't driven a 95 Camaro...my C5 lights are 2x better than my Camaro lights lol
1990 Miata… those were terrible headlights. After doing a projector retrofit on my mom's Mercedes though, there was no way I could go back.
Old 11-17-2018, 07:16 PM
jrp1588
Burning Brakes

Received 119 Likes on 89 Posts

lights
I'd be curious to see the light pattern it casts on a wall/garage if possible.
Old 11-17-2018, 09:44 PM
lavaheadache
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by dleibman
Went to a local car show this morning. More Vette’s than any other cars. Spoke to several c5 owners, all running oem including bulbs. Not one complaint about the lights from any of them, interesting. And they drive at night.
No offense but a lot of car show guys are the type that have brake caliper covers, stick on vents, seatbelt pads and “corvette” stitched on every flat surface of their interior. Some people “mod” their cars while others simply make them better.
Old 11-18-2018, 08:14 AM
dleibman
Drifting

Originally Posted by lavaheadache

No offense but a lot of car show guys are the type that have brake caliper covers, stick on vents, seatbelt pads and “corvette” stitched on every flat surface of their interior. Some people “mod” their cars while others simply make them better.
totally agree. Saw no covers or stick on but lots of engine bay bling
Old 11-18-2018, 06:07 PM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Received 630 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by jrp1588
I'd be curious to see the light pattern it casts on a wall/garage if possible.
Pattern comparison....."wrong" side of the garage, but you get the idea:

Low beam Light pattern from "Ebay kit"

Low beam Light pattern from our Bi-xenon ACA
Old 11-18-2018, 07:04 PM
Oldandslow
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by TheRadioFlyer
Pattern comparison....."wrong" side of the garage, but you get the idea:

Low beam Light pattern from "Ebay kit"

Low beam Light pattern from our Bi-xenon ACA
That is why i bought the Radioflyer kit. I tried LED and HIR set up and was not impressed by tbe light pattern. Git the RF kit and got what i was looking for.

Last edited by Oldandslow; 11-18-2018 at 07:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Projector Headlights