Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone recognize these calipers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2018, 12:44 PM
Jackie N
Burning Brakes

Received 118 Likes on 80 Posts
Default Anyone recognize these calipers?

Just bought a modified C5 Z and I'm tracking down exactly what was done as details were sparse!

It has big brakes front and rear. Wilwood 14" rotors are evident but the 6 piston calipers don't look like wilwoods? Here are photos

Thank you

Old 11-26-2018, 09:35 AM
0Todd TCE
Former Vendor

Received 110 Likes on 90 Posts

Older Wilwood BNSL6 parts

Billet SuperLite Six calipers that someone has home powdercoated. 7416 pads

I stock all the items for repair or replacement if you need something. Depending on the age is may prove a better option to simply replace it with today's better FNSL6 forged body part.

Last edited by Todd TCE; 11-26-2018 at 09:35 AM.
Old 11-26-2018, 10:26 AM
Jackie N
Burning Brakes

Received 118 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd TCE
Older Wilwood BNSL6 parts

Billet SuperLite Six calipers that someone has home powdercoated. 7416 pads

I stock all the items for repair or replacement if you need something. Depending on the age is may prove a better option to simply replace it with today's better FNSL6 forged body part.
Thanks Todd that's excellent information
The finish is garbage so I'll be taking them apart for proper powder coating. Maybe you can pm me and suggest what parts would be wise to replace while I'm in there.

Cheers
Old 11-26-2018, 01:08 PM
0Todd TCE
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Jackie N
Thanks Todd that's excellent information
The finish is garbage so I'll be taking them apart for proper powder coating. Maybe you can pm me and suggest what parts would be wise to replace while I'm in there.

Cheers

There is no full "rebuild kit" for them. Most parts are ala carte. Pistons (ea), seal kits (per caliper) bleeders (4pk) and the tension clips (ea) plus of course pads.

All of that can be found here: SERVICE PARTS

I may add that depending on the age of the caliper...if it has the stamped thin ss pistons inside you'd be advised to run the newer forged ss pistons which are more durable for track day use. However at $11ea (this nearly $100 per caliper with seal kits and bleeders...) you may want to consider a full replacement. Especially if you plan to strip and refinish them which will be not only costly but quite labor intensive. Let's just say I'm pretty sure we can "repeal and replace" for under $300ea
Old 11-26-2018, 07:57 PM
ri-vette
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

i would also like to powder coat mine also how much for the seals and boots? i also bought c5 with wilwoods

fronts

fronts

fronts

rear

rear

rear

these are the fronts and rears i believe mine are 13" all around

Last edited by ri-vette; 11-26-2018 at 07:58 PM.
Old 11-26-2018, 08:38 PM
0Todd TCE
Former Vendor

Those fronts appear to be some very old BSL6 parts given the rib on the outer body. My guess is that they are not booted and use the same seal kits as found on today's FNSL6 parts. 1.625/1.125/1.125

The rear; those look to be some very old BSL4 parts. My bet: they have an open bridge and are spanned with bolts and spacers? Seals are based again on piston size.

All that said; you reach a point of repair and refinish that is nearly the same as "repeal and replace" (yeah I'm having fun with that one)

Last edited by Todd TCE; 11-26-2018 at 08:39 PM.
Old 03-20-2019, 07:03 PM
ri-vette
Instructor

Originally Posted by Todd TCE
Those fronts appear to be some very old BSL6 parts given the rib on the outer body. My guess is that they are not booted and use the same seal kits as found on today's FNSL6 parts. 1.625/1.125/1.125

The rear; those look to be some very old BSL4 parts. My bet: they have an open bridge and are spanned with bolts and spacers? Seals are based again on piston size.

All that said; you reach a point of repair and refinish that is nearly the same as "repeal and replace" (yeah I'm having fun with that one)

does anyone have a temple for my wilwood or where i could get one? need it for my wheel combo. i know they brake setup is a old one.
Old 03-22-2019, 10:40 AM
0Todd TCE
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ri-vette
does anyone have a temple for my wilwood or where i could get one? need it for my wheel combo. i know they brake setup is a old one.

The kit on your car is not a Wilwood kit so no. That is a hybrid kit using Wilwood calipers and someone else's hats and rotors. For the required clearance needed you'll need to know the hat offset, hat face thickness and the caliper body size. in this case being an older out of date caliper you will need to measure your own body height relative to the rotor now and then plug all that info into the CLEARANCE CALCULATOR where you'll get the required clearance minimum.
The following users liked this post:
ri-vette (03-24-2019)
Old 03-24-2019, 09:43 AM
ri-vette
Instructor

thanks so much i would been pretty upset if i got the wrong offset!! one thing i did notice is that my front are rear wheels studs are different threads front are 7/16-20 rears are 12mm-1.50. the weld wheels on the fronts poked out passed the fenders kinda telling me the hats are thicker. also where would i get replacement rotors and pads in the future??

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone recognize these calipers?

Quick Reply: Anyone recognize these calipers?