Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has the best price on genuine leather replacement seat covers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 11:14 AM
Ramets
Burning Brakes

Received 391 Likes on 249 Posts

I went with the regular leather. The looks are great, and it's really cost effective.
The following users liked this post:
Ridies (01-19-2019)
Old 01-19-2019, 11:22 AM
0Ridies
Former Vendor

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast one
For the Ridies owners, did you get the regular leather or the Napa leather? Is one better than the other?

Old 01-21-2019, 06:25 PM
JimHarris4
Racer

Received 104 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Beautiful seats!

Your seats are fantastic, ET!

100 & leather, any colors any stitching any combination of patterns.
[/QUOTE]
Evil-Twin (01-30-2019)
Old 01-21-2019, 08:11 PM
JimHarris4
Racer

Received 104 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Why?

Crash-
Why would you return them to buy Ridies?

Originally Posted by CrashMike98
Sorry, I meant to attach these photos to my first reply but goofed it up. Anyway, I originally purchased covers from leathercovers11 and sent them back taking a big hit. The covers look nice and the guys worked with me on the return. I purchased the Rides covers and am super happy with the results.
why
Old 01-29-2019, 03:40 PM
vetteLT193
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 526 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by Belba184
leatherseats11 on ebay great quality great color combo choices great customer service. I purchased mine from them took about three weeks to get in they are custom made
I got mine from another ebay guy... leather for under $500 shipped and they have Pace Car yellow which is hard to find. The guy's ebay name is jmicaelk73,

overall I'm very happy with them. Quality looks the same as factory (maybe better). Shipping takes a while though because they are made to order, figure a month or so to get them.

I did look at Ridies but they don't offer Pace Car Yellow so I did the eBay route.
Old 01-29-2019, 03:51 PM
CrashMike98
Navigator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I planned to install the new covers over newly purchased foam after I repaired the bladders. I was able to watch a couple of YouTube videos that made it seem doable so I ordered the covers from leatherseats11. When I took the old covers off, I took photos of the tabs, snaps and zippers for later use. When I opened the leatherseats11 covers I noticed that some of the installation straps were not the same and I was not sure that I could make them work. I am not an upholstery guy and did not want to have to pay a shop to install them. I emailed the vendor via eBay, where I purchased them and to their credit, offered to walk me through the installation. I decided to return them and order the covers from Rides after talking to their support guy and I am happy that I did. I changed from the plain tan color to a two-tone black and tan which really looks nice in my red C5 Vert.
Ridies (01-31-2019)
Old 01-30-2019, 09:10 AM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Received 914 Likes on 721 Posts
Oldtimer

I planned to install the new covers over newly purchased foam after I repaired the bladders. I was able to watch a couple of YouTube videos that made it seem doable so I ordered the covers from leatherseats11. When I took the old covers off, I took photos of the tabs, snaps and zippers for later use. When I opened the leatherseats11 covers I noticed that some of the installation straps were not the same and I was not sure that I could make them work. I am not an upholstery guy and did not want to have to pay a shop to install them. I emailed the vendor via eBay, where I purchased them and to their credit, offered to walk me through the installation. I decided to return them and order the covers from Rides after talking to their support guy and I am happy that I did. I changed from the plain tan color to a two-tone black and tan which really looks nice in my red C5 Vert.
we need pix Mike! Regarding the install, the new covers + foam on mine required so much stretch I was uneasy about forcing everything. In addition the snap/plug things were no way going to hold. Since it’s a bit of a wrestling match regardless, (I bolted/clamped mine to a work table) I devised a system of zip ties to pull everything in tight. I also used them in place of hog rings. Everything is still nice and tight and it’s about 2 years now.
Ridies (01-31-2019)
Old 01-30-2019, 10:11 AM
pjdbm
Drifting

Received 291 Likes on 228 Posts

Talk to me about what was missing on leather11 covers? I am about to pull the trigger on this and new foams will be arriving any day now.
What does ridies have that leather11 does not? be specific please. I am converting non sport seats to sport seats.

Thanks
Ridies (01-31-2019)
Old 01-30-2019, 10:32 AM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Oldtimer

Pj, just interjecting, I checked the leatherseats11 page on Ebay, and tho’ they show a variety of leathers, coupled with what Mike said, I would stick with Ridies. Ridies offers a much, much more extensive variety of colors and options and the covers are made to replace the factory installation.
pjdbm (01-30-2019)
Old 01-30-2019, 11:00 AM
pjdbm
Drifting

Originally Posted by chasboy
Pj, just interjecting, I checked the leatherseats11 page on Ebay, and tho’ they show a variety of leathers, coupled with what Mike said, I would stick with Ridies. Ridies offers a much, much more extensive variety of colors and options and the covers are made to replace the factory installation.
Does ridies have the white plastic with the elongated holes to attach the sport seat back cushion? since I am doing it myself (purchased the hogpliers and all) I need to know if I will have issues. I plan on purchasing a steamer to do the install as well
Ridies (01-31-2019)
Old 01-30-2019, 12:20 PM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Oldtimer

Ridies will verify, but mine were from Interior Innovations, which Ridies is in the process of buying. The products are the same as are the options. Yes, mine has the plastic strips and I’m glad they were there, since they spread out the tension on the leather. It’s all identical to stock as far as I remember except the entire cover is leather.

btw, I wish I had used my steamer.

Last edited by chasboy; 01-30-2019 at 12:35 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by chasboy:
pjdbm (01-30-2019), Ridies (01-31-2019)
Old 01-30-2019, 12:35 PM
pjdbm
Drifting

Thanks for this information, that helped me decide with this. The price difference with shipping between the two was only about $40.00

tonight Ill place my order, simple for them, all black including the stitching.

thanks again
Old 01-30-2019, 12:52 PM
TCFS
Burning Brakes

Received 628 Likes on 317 Posts
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Last edited by TCFS; 01-30-2019 at 01:06 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by TCFS:
pjdbm (01-30-2019), Ridies (01-31-2019)
Old 01-31-2019, 04:52 PM
Deliso1
Instructor

Received 75 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Same

i made the same mistake and purchased from them, no plastic mounting strips and no drawstrings in bottoms, they don’t fit well at all and I’ve exceeded the time limit to return them
lesson learned
Don’t buy from leatherseats11
Ridies (01-31-2019)
Old 01-31-2019, 05:47 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,813 Likes on 1,925 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Here is some information I want to share. I was not going to buy New seat skins but was in the process of doing some research.. I am very OCD about everything I do. . Its a curse. I went to the Ridies website, and did some research. The price seemed to be too good. Ive always professed to this adage of " I can not afford to buy anything too cheap. " I had a few question for Ridies so I called, the guy on the other end called me back in 5 minutes. Remember I had no plan to buy , but was in the process of doing research. The guy on the other end was very friendly and engaging.. there was no pressure , no push to buy. He gave me the logistics of A US based company with a Pakistani based manufacturing facility. He told me it would take 3 or 4 weeks from the day I made a purchase. There was a 100 % guarantee. Remember I had no plan to make a purchase. After about a 15 to 20 minute talk, I felt confident in this guys credibility.. I got no red flags from the conversation, I got no red flags on my BS meter. The guy on the other end was so professional and engaging, I placed the order on the spot. ( I am not easily swayed into a purchase ) He guaranteed me if I did not like them and they were not all that he said they were he would give me my money back.. So what could I lose?
I had purchased a set of Skins from MidAmerica at twice the price, back in 2007, they looked great for all that time, but they were a combination of leather and vinyl panels. I wanted a change in the seat pattern. I was not sure I wanted to spend another 1200 to 1500 dollars. So for 500 dollars I had nothing to lose.and these were 100% leather.

I placed the order and in two weeks I received notice from a global fright company that my seat past US customs. They set up a delivery date for a few days later. These skins were all that they were advertised to be, they blew away my MidAmerica
seats skins.
There is no down side from the order process, the delivery time, the multitude of custom colors and designs. But most importantly the customer service. From my experience in dealing with Vendors both professionally and now that Im retired over the last 74 years. This company has my total endorsement. .
The following 6 users liked this post by Evil-Twin:
chasboy (02-01-2019), JimHarris4 (06-23-2019), JMBickel (02-01-2020), pjdbm (02-01-2019), Ridies (02-01-2019), TCFS (02-02-2019) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-31-2019, 07:41 PM
0Ridies
Former Vendor

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by pjdbm
Does ridies have the white plastic with the elongated holes to attach the sport seat back cushion? since I am doing it myself (purchased the hogpliers and all) I need to know if I will have issues. I plan on purchasing a steamer to do the install as well
Yes we do.

Thanks

Ridies.com
pjdbm (02-01-2019)
Old 01-31-2019, 08:07 PM
pjdbm
Drifting

Originally Posted by Ridies
Yes we do.

Thanks

Ridies.com
I called earlier today and left a message. I am ready to pull the trigger on this, I am looking for genuine leather all black & black stitch with the C5 logo on the headrest. Is there any discount through this forum?

Get notified of new replies

To Who has the best price on genuine leather replacement seat covers?

Old 01-31-2019, 09:42 PM
STRMLNE
Melting Slicks

Received 437 Likes on 311 Posts

Let me know if you get a discount. Thanks.
pjdbm (02-01-2019)
Old 02-01-2019, 02:14 PM
C6-Baby
Heel & Toe

Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts

Did anyone recently buy from Interior Innovations and can help me?

I ordered a pair of leather seat covers and some other stuff for my C5 on January 15th and paid $ 1,655.00 while placing the order. The money was debited to my credit card on the same day.

I saw my order in their system in their homepage but for more than 2 weeks I haven't heard or read anything from them - no confirmation, no delivery date, no mail - nothing!

On January 30th I sent an email requesting a delivery date and for answer I received a question from "Khalid" if I want 1 or 2 cover sets. I wrote back that I want 1 set (driver and passenger) and hoped for a confirmation or a delivery date - NOTHING! Only then I noticed that I had paid for 2 sets - when I ordered on their homepage, it was not apparent to me that the price was specified per set (2 covers) and not per piece. Nobody ever would have contacted me if I wouldn't have asked for a delivery date.

Normally they would have to refund me the money for one set, but again no mail, no refund, nothing.

Yesterday morning I sent a cancellation and asked for a confirmation and a refund - until today I haven't heard anything.

Did anyone of you have a similar experience and if so, what happened?

Thanks a lot, Mandy
Old 02-01-2019, 06:28 PM
pjdbm
Drifting

After speaking with a gentleman from there for 20 minutes, I heard everything I wanted to hear. I placed my order today. This should be a fun project. Thanks to those who was able to shed light on this.

Quick Reply: Who has the best price on genuine leather replacement seat covers?