Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has the best price on genuine leather replacement seat covers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 07:18 PM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Received 914 Likes on 721 Posts
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by pjdbm
After speaking with a gentleman from there for 20 minutes, I heard everything I wanted to hear. I placed my order today. This should be a fun project. Thanks to those who was able to shed light on this.
GOOD LUCK! I recommend the steamer, and bolting down the seat onto something otherwise it will try to 'escape'. I had to trim some of my foam to make things fit, but mine came out with very few wrinkles so I must have done something rignt. Be care fully with the cutouts for the holes for the plastic side trim on the outside surface of the seat. It's tricky and I had to fight with it.
But the first time you sit down, what a difference!
OOPS! also, put something between the seat frame wires and the foam. I used ballistic nylon, some people like something stiffer. Either way, no need to 'cheese cut' into the new foam.
The following 2 users liked this post by chasboy:
pjdbm (02-01-2019), Ridies (02-01-2019)
Old 02-01-2019, 07:26 PM
pjdbm
Drifting

Received 291 Likes on 228 Posts

chasboy, what steamer did you buy & use?
Old 02-01-2019, 07:32 PM
0Ridies
Former Vendor

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

Thank you sir for your impressive review. We really appreciate it. I will make sure to pass this info the rest of the team as well.

A testimony like this goes a long way for us. Thanks for taking the time to write this.

Ridies.com

Originally Posted by Evil-Twin
Here is some information I want to share. I was not going to buy New seat skins but was in the process of doing some research.. I am very OCD about everything I do. . Its a curse. I went to the Ridies website, and did some research. The price seemed to be too good. Ive always professed to this adage of " I can not afford to buy anything too cheap. " I had a few question for Ridies so I called, the guy on the other end called me back in 5 minutes. Remember I had no plan to buy , but was in the process of doing research. The guy on the other end was very friendly and engaging.. there was no pressure , no push to buy. He gave me the logistics of A US based company with a Pakistani based manufacturing facility. He told me it would take 3 or 4 weeks from the day I made a purchase. There was a 100 % guarantee. Remember I had no plan to make a purchase. After about a 15 to 20 minute talk, I felt confident in this guys credibility.. I got no red flags from the conversation, I got no red flags on my BS meter. The guy on the other end was so professional and engaging, I placed the order on the spot. ( I am not easily swayed into a purchase ) He guaranteed me if I did not like them and they were not all that he said they were he would give me my money back.. So what could I lose?
I had purchased a set of Skins from MidAmerica at twice the price, back in 2007, they looked great for all that time, but they were a combination of leather and vinyl panels. I wanted a change in the seat pattern. I was not sure I wanted to spend another 1200 to 1500 dollars. So for 500 dollars I had nothing to lose.and these were 100% leather.

I placed the order and in two weeks I received notice from a global fright company that my seat past US customs. They set up a delivery date for a few days later. These skins were all that they were advertised to be, they blew away my MidAmerica
seats skins.
There is no down side from the order process, the delivery time, the multitude of custom colors and designs. But most importantly the customer service. From my experience in dealing with Vendors both professionally and now that Im retired over the last 74 years. This company has my total endorsement. .
Old 02-01-2019, 10:05 PM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Oldtimer

Ridies: trust me, Bill is not an easy sell!
PJDM, we have a “Puresteam XL” clothing steamer. You don’t need anything more powerful than that. On my Z, I used perforated Naugahyde to upholster certain sections not available from Redline at the time. Using heat on the vinyl made things much easier that would not have been possible with leather. Knowing what I know now, I would do leather instead. In the case of the seats, the leather will relax enough to allow some stretch but will attempt to return to it’s shape, thus tightening the fit. You’re going to do great.
JimHarris4 (06-23-2019), Ridies (02-02-2019)
Old 02-02-2019, 09:33 AM
Fast one
Safety Car

Received 348 Likes on 220 Posts

Has anyone installed the napa leather from Ridies or these; https://www.westcoastcorvette.com/p-...013-c5c6.aspx?
Old 02-02-2019, 11:09 AM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Oldtimer

Regarding Mandy’s question about Interior Innovations, I had none of what you refer to. There were a few times where there was a delay in communication but my order had lots of customization. I still got my order in less than 2 weeks, which was amazing to me.
Ridies can clear up what I’m about to state. Apparently they are sister companies, and Ridies is in the process of buying them, and I supposed I-I will no longer exist. The products are made in the same factory, so what you see on I-I’s website is the same of what you see on Ridies. FWIW, the products are excellent.
The following users liked this post:
Ridies (02-02-2019)
Old 02-02-2019, 11:28 AM
Ramets
Burning Brakes

Received 391 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by chasboy
Regarding Mandy’s question about Interior Innovations, I had none of what you refer to. There were a few times where there was a delay in communication but my order had lots of customization. I still got my order in less than 2 weeks, which was amazing to me.
Ridies can clear up what I’m about to state. Apparently they are sister companies, and Ridies is in the process of buying them, and I supposed I-I will no longer exist. The products are made in the same factory, so what you see on I-I’s website is the same of what you see on Ridies. FWIW, the products are excellent.
I concur. Mandy you should try contacting Ridies as mentioned above. I had no problem dealing with them. The quality was everything I expected from them. And the price is great also. I don't know why my pic downloaded twice.

Last edited by Ramets; 02-02-2019 at 11:34 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Ramets:
chasboy (02-02-2019), Ridies (02-02-2019)
Old 02-04-2019, 06:19 PM
VetteFTW
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

I bought Interior Innovations last January for about 1100 with new foam and their multi piece accessory kit. This is the 2nd time I have done seat cover replacement. The first was 11 years ago and I went with DJ motorsports then. Those lasted about 5 years before they were worn out bad, by year 8 or 9 they had holes in the bolsters. The leather they used was really thin compared to my new Interior Innovations. One thing I will say, I like the bottom foam II sells, but the halo and the middle part are nearly impossible to stuff into the leather and secure with the christmas tree tabs. Like I said, I had done this successfully before and then I used new OEM foam from Gene Culley (Cultrag performance) and it was a lot easier. The II foam is VERY thick and will require a lot of trimming. It is also very firm. I don't think my bottom seat foam will ever need to be replaced again. I used jute pad on both between the wires on the frame and the foam. Here is a pic of mine, I will deal with wrinkles in the summer. Overall, I love them, the leather is really nice. Its thick and smells great. I also like the accessories although I couldn't get the brake handle to go all the way down, so I reused stock. Also you will need some velcro on hand because a few places do not have velcro where they should. If you order from II, it could take 6 weeks, so be prepared for that.

Old 02-04-2019, 06:46 PM
STRMLNE
Melting Slicks

Received 437 Likes on 311 Posts

What looks closer to stock? Ridies natural leather or Napa leather? They sent me samples but they were about 2”x2” I couldn’t tell they were so small. Thanks.
Old 02-04-2019, 07:18 PM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Oldtimer

[QUOTE=VetteFTW;1598818508]I bought Interior Innovations last January for about 1100 with new foam and their multi piece accessory kit. This is the 2nd time I have done seat cover replacement. The first was 11 years ago and I went with DJ motorsports then. Those lasted about 5 years before they were worn out bad, by year 8 or 9 they had holes in the bolsters. The leather they used was really thin compared to my new Interior Innovations. One thing I will say, I like the bottom foam II sells, but the halo and the middle part are nearly impossible to stuff into the leather and secure with the christmas tree tabs. Like I said, I had done this successfully before and then I used new OEM foam from Gene Culley (Cultrag performance) and it was a lot easier. The II foam is VERY thick and will require a lot of trimming. It is also very firm. I don't think my bottom seat foam will ever need to be replaced again. I used jute pad on both between the wires on the frame and the foam. Here is a pic of mine, I will deal with wrinkles in the summer. Overall, I love them, the leather is really nice. Its thick and smells great. I also like the accessories although I couldn't get the brake handle to go all the way down, so I reused stock. Also you will need some velcro on hand because a few places do not have velcro where they should. If you order from II, it could take 6 weeks, so be prepared for that.
QUOTE]
Ditto on the upper foam. I had to trim so much away I fastened neoprene tubing to the forward edge of the seat bolster so the shell wouldn’t wear thru the foam like the original.
Old 02-05-2019, 11:07 PM
PeteVett
Heel & Toe

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Just got these from ridi

es.com and had them professionally installed, I couldn't be any happier
Pete
The following 3 users liked this post by PeteVett:
Keyman57 (09-29-2021), Ridies (02-06-2019), Yello95 (02-06-2019)
Old 02-06-2019, 12:58 AM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Oldtimer

They look terrific Pete!
PeteVett (02-06-2019), Yello95 (02-06-2019)
Old 02-06-2019, 07:53 AM
0Ridies
Former Vendor

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by PeteVett
Just got these from ridies.com and had them professionally installed, I couldn't be any happier
Pete
They look really nice. Good job on installation too.

Thanks

Ridies.com

PeteVett (02-06-2019)
Old 02-06-2019, 02:45 PM
knewblewkorvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,708 Likes on 1,669 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16'-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-
'23-'24

Nice! I really like the C5 logo. Is that blue leather or vinyl?
Keyman57 (09-29-2021)
Old 02-06-2019, 04:07 PM
STRMLNE
Melting Slicks

Received 437 Likes on 311 Posts

Did you replace the foam as well? The leather still looks slightly large to me causing some wrinkles. Yes. I’m the wrinkle police.
Old 02-06-2019, 10:19 PM
PeteVett
Heel & Toe

Passion blue leather accent from Ridies.com
Ridies (09-16-2021)
Old 02-06-2019, 10:19 PM
PeteVett
Heel & Toe

Foam was replaced as well

Get notified of new replies

To Who has the best price on genuine leather replacement seat covers?

Old 08-01-2019, 10:20 PM
spawrtan
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 30 Posts

If I made the road trip to Fishers, would you install seat covers on my Z06? I can always find a good reason to visit the Indy area.

Chad
Old 09-27-2019, 02:03 PM
Williamlindsey
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ridies.com doesn't have seat covers for 1991 c4 thats what I need sport seats one set of in seat controls
Old 09-28-2019, 10:36 AM
wcsinx
Team Owner

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Ramets
Here's a couple pics of mine which I just had installed. I thought I'd show a before and after shot!!
Wanna sell me your old "befores"?

Quick Reply: Who has the best price on genuine leather replacement seat covers?