Sponsored by:

[Z06] LS3 Swap C5Z value?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2019, 10:02 AM
freddyvette
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Default LS3 Swap C5Z value?

I'm not looking to sell, but my friend keeps asking me how much I would let it go for. I've poured my heart into the car and runs like a champ, but as the saying goes "everything is for sale"

Highlights:

100k on the dash
Unopened stock cam 10k mile motor from a 2013 Grand Sport Dry Sump -> Wet sump conversion (complete long block, including intake, rails, valve covers etc)
Lingenfelter 58x-24x converter
Callaway Honker intake (fitting to an LS3 took a lot of custom work)
Built T56 10k
3.90 RPM LV4 diff 10k
rebuilt torque tube 10k
Monster LT1S
C6 Z06 suspension all around
ARH headers
Ti catback
18x10.5 stock wheels on all four corners, R888Rs

MANY more mods to list but you get the idea.

It has some external imperfections mostly the rocker panels have been beat to ****, but other than that the paint is excellent!

I bought the car for 16 in 2013. Original LS6 engine spun a rod bearing in 2016 and it sat until last year when I finished putting the new motor in. I spent another 7k finishing it up.

Runs amazing, the new C7's can't touch it in a straight line. Put down around 470whp (maybe more).

I'm thinking 22 is a fair price, but the market may disagree. I'm more in tune with C6/7 prices and haven't looked at C5's in a while.

Last edited by freddyvette; 03-08-2019 at 10:06 AM.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:59 AM
lewislgZ06
NCM Lifetime Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,930 Likes on 2,015 Posts
2021 Corvette of the Year - Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Winner- Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
St. Jude Donor '18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Nice mods. If you don’t want to sell it, give him an I don’t want to sell it price. Make sure it’s enough that you won’t regret it if he says “I’ll take it”!
Old 03-08-2019, 11:04 AM
freddyvette
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by lewislgZ06
Nice mods. If you don’t want to sell it, give him an I don’t want to sell it price. Make sure it’s enough that you won’t regret it if he says “I’ll take it”!
Welllllll there's always a C8
Old 03-08-2019, 02:12 PM
jrob56
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by freddyvette

It has some external imperfections mostly the rocker panels have been beat to ****, but other than that the paint is excellent!
Lot depends on exactly what that sentence means haha. Love the mods, perfectly done. I think value depends on if someone would have done it the same way,and place a premium on the work you did for them(looks like your buddy does). I was thinking the normal C5Z range Ive seen 18-22. History, record keeping, etc. factors in though.

If you were to list it today, what would it be? Then add some on top of that since this is a "Make Me Move" type of situation.

Last edited by jrob56; 03-08-2019 at 02:14 PM.
Old 03-08-2019, 02:31 PM
freddyvette
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jrob56
Lot depends on exactly what that sentence means haha. Love the mods, perfectly done. I think value depends on if someone would have done it the same way,and place a premium on the work you did for them(looks like your buddy does). I was thinking the normal C5Z range Ive seen 18-22. History, record keeping, etc. factors in though.

If you were to list it today, what would it be? Then add some on top of that since this is a "Make Me Move" type of situation.
Rocker panels have some scrapes from being too low (previous owner) and there are three rock chips on the front of the car, one tiny star on the windshield.

I've got an entire binder with receipts for everything that's been done to the car (even before I bought it).

If I were to see the exact same car in an alternate universe list for 22k and I was in the market, and I knew the seller, I would say it's priced right.

If it's me not trying to take a loss I'd want 3-4 more than that. But I don't think it would ever sell at that price. AGAIN that's just me that's why I'm asking the forum.
Old 03-08-2019, 04:08 PM
jrob56
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by freddyvette
Rocker panels have some scrapes from being too low (previous owner) and there are three rock chips on the front of the car, one tiny star on the windshield.

I've got an entire binder with receipts for everything that's been done to the car (even before I bought it).

If I were to see the exact same car in an alternate universe list for 22k and I was in the market, and I knew the seller, I would say it's priced right.

If it's me not trying to take a loss I'd want 3-4 more than that. But I don't think it would ever sell at that price. AGAIN that's just me that's why I'm asking the forum.
Yeah Id agree, youre right there in the ball park. For a comp there was an EB 02 I think with RPM trans and diff, beautiful car on CL for 18-19. That is stockish engine though.
Old 03-09-2019, 01:07 PM
KnightDriveTV
Supporting Vendor

Received 2,316 Likes on 990 Posts

Definitely could pull 22k if the car looks clean and doesn't look hacked. I was offered 24k cash on my C5Z and passed, simply because the 24k really wouldn't buy me anything I felt was equivalent. I have the square setup, suspension, big brakes, lots of small detail mods, etc. For the buyer, he wanted to build what I had, and building it costs more than buying it. Same would apply to you, there is a buyer who would want the C5Z/FRC body but would like the LS3. 22k is a no brainer for that buyer....just be sure to sell in summer.

Get notified of new replies

To LS3 Swap C5Z value?

Quick Reply: [Z06] LS3 Swap C5Z value?