Sponsored by:

Not unexpected but interesting

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2019, 03:40 PM
Fatbob
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

I have been on this forum for about 3 years. When I was thinking about getting a corvette but not sure what generation to get, I found this forum. It has been extremely valuable. After a couple of weeks I decided to go with a C5 for all the obvious reasons. For about a year and a half I spent about 2-3 hours a day on this forum to soak up as much info as I could. When I decided to buy, I had enough info to make an informed decision. There is no other place where you can get as much information on the C5 as you can get right here. I absolutely love my car and it has given me much pleasure since I have owned it. I can't thank the members here enough for all the info and advice I get here. As you can see, I don't post a lot on this forum, After all there are so many people here that know 10 times as much as I do about these cars. Although I do not post very much this forum is a big part of my life. I still look at it almost every day.
Old 03-23-2019, 05:01 PM
Silver85
Burning Brakes

Received 79 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Evil-Twin
This is how Ive always approached this forum.. Its a Corvette Forum, but its also a means to connect with people on a daily or weekly basis.. I always thought it would be a good idea to have a chat room here.. Much more like a social club. I try to help where I can, I like to offer insider information that you wont find in any book on the development of the C5 even the stuff I did two years before its launch, stuff that wound up on the cutting room floor.. Everyone seems to like that.
I try to inject a little humor also, I sometimes add some very mild adult humor for the laugh factor. The interaction and friendly snips as mentioned above are way different from the hostile responses a newbie may see in other forums. I think the slightly off tangent comments to a thread help keep it active and interesting., It also is a means to give alittle insight to the people we talk to here. we just had some personal pet photos here as an example. Knowing some people have a service dog has nothing to do with corvettes but it does give you a better understanding of that members life..
Your input on this forum in invaluable. I have been on the C4 side for several years as I fixed up my 85 and now doing the same with a 99. I appreciate your approach and all the information you share. Thank you!
Old 03-23-2019, 05:03 PM
knewblewkorvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,706 Likes on 1,668 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16'-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-
'23-'24

Originally Posted by Koufax
While I enjoy this forum, I must say that it has COST me a ton of cash by telling me about fun mods I never would have known about.

I have to also agree with others when they say Facebook is a dumpster fire when it comes to automotive knowledge. Though I'm not on any Vette related sites on Facebook, I am on a DSM (Diamond Star Motors) site there. Oh my, the amount of BS there is unbelievable! I'm not a big thread starter on this forum, I do try and participate daily. When I moved to the new house last year, I was without the Corvette Forum for like 3 months, it about killed me.
Old 03-24-2019, 08:42 AM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,343 Likes on 1,094 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave1
Back to the thread topic.....

Yes, not unexpected describes the daily action in C5 general.....

Thanks for the numbers and break downs Bill....

For an older vehicle generations the banter is going to be less, especially when those cars are sold for newer versions....

That said, there is still a lot of good info available when you sift thru threads looking for ideas and answers to certain questions...

I agree, but let me add this....MANY of us store our Corvettes, of all generations, and during this time of year, the "traffic" on the various generation's topics may slow down, while the "off topic" discussions may increase.
Old 03-24-2019, 03:31 PM
RedSoxFan
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I've been here since I bought my vert in 2007. I was very active but I don't post much anymore because, frankly, I don't have much to say anymore! I've learned a tremendous amount from this forum and I'm satisfied with the way the car sits after a fair number of mods. I still visit the site multiple times on a daily basis. One of the reasons I come back is to read the OP's posts. Bil, I think I've read all of your posts since '07 and I guess it's about time I said thank you! Your expertise is second to none. Keep up the good fight with your health issues and keep those posts coming.
The following users liked this post:
Evil-Twin (03-24-2019)
Old 03-24-2019, 09:46 PM
XLR8 C4
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

This forum has helped me tremendously upgrade, maintain and even purchase my first C5Z. I did lots of reading before my purchase then more reading before I started modifying it. Hope this forum stays active for many years to come; Info you won't find anywhere else.
Old 03-25-2019, 09:45 AM
STALION
Le Mans Master

Location: ALL governments are legalized mobsters, so doesn't matter where I live :(
Received 184 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by aaronc7
I know at least in C5 world, with the prices dropping, a lot of younger guys are starting to buy them. And the younger generation definitely favors facebook, social media over forums such as this. I probably fall into this younger generation group..........but I think forums are way better format to have real discussions and make it easy to search old threads, etc.

C5 facebook group(s) are very active these days.
This is true. The "problem" is that there are several FB groups all over the place and no information to access as we have here in one centralized place. I see people asking the same questions that can be found easily, and many times for the most basic information on this site as opposed to waiting for someone to answer. The only thing I find that using FB that gives a more personalized touch is that I've come across some forum members in those groups and recognized them by their cars which is kind of cool I suppose. It's funny how a car can make an association with someone
Old 03-25-2019, 09:54 AM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Received 914 Likes on 721 Posts
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by STALION
This is true. The "problem" is that there are several FB groups all over the place and no information to access as we have here in one centralized place. I see people asking the same questions that can be found easily, and many times for the most basic information on this site as opposed to waiting for someone to answer. The only thing I find that using FB that gives a more personalized touch is that I've come across some forum members in those groups and recognized them by their cars which is kind of cool I suppose. It's funny how a car can make an association with someone
I’M a FB user and on most of the C5 groups there. Yes, there’s lots of activity and as much misinformation as well. I’ve also found other forum members there. My policy, without exception is to refer questions that I could not answer (note: QUESTIONS, not opinion) here. And no, I’m not one of the users who reports their daily activities.

Quick Reply: Not unexpected but interesting