Sponsored by:

LS6 Lifter Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 11:07 PM
Twhittle14
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default LS6 Lifter Replacement

I finally finished my cam and header install and got the car tuned. After a few runs on the dyno, I noticed a clicking noise coming from the engine. After further investigation, I found that two of my lifters failed. I didn't pull the heads and install new lifters during the cam swap but looks like I have to now. I know the parts I'll need are hydraulic roller lifters, lifter guides, head gaskets, and head bolts. Leaning towards the ARP head bolts and felpro or cometic head gaskets. Here are my main questions:

1. What lifters to use? I just installed new push rods (5/16 x 0.083 x 7.425) and would like to not have to buy new ones of a different length, so what are my options? I'm not sure what the length is of my current lifters (car was previously owned but assuming stock lifters) so it's hard to figure out what will work. I've read mixed reviews on the moderately priced LS7 lifters but also prefer not paying an arm and a leg for top of the line lifters.

2. What specs for the head gaskets? I'm planning on going with a multilayer steel gasket, but what bore size and thickness do I need?

I have done a lot of research but am still struggling to figure out exactly what part numbers I need. If anyone can provide part numbers that would be great. Any additional insight is appreciated!
Old 05-16-2019, 05:10 AM
Whatsa347
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

GM MLS gaskets and LS7 lifters with LS2 trays and you're set with whatever headbolts or studs you want. No need to change pushrod length.

Quick Reply: LS6 Lifter Replacement