What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2019, 04:43 PM
BlackHellcat
Drifting

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts
C5 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by Black72GTS
It seems almost unanimous that option 2 would be the best option at this point... To be honest, coming from my analogue, carbureted, no cruise control or air conditioning, bench seat, drum brakes background, sticking to things I am most familiar with sounds like the right option at this point... now that begs the question of going to a stroker...

Anyways, keep coming with the comments and/or criticism. This is not a decision I take lightly. I have been going back and forth debating myself about this for most of the past 10 months, but I do have to make a decision soon.
Real power comes with boost (Unless you go stroker or something)
Old 05-17-2019, 07:20 PM
Mr. Peabody
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 476 Likes on 353 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

I'd go with #2. I think that you are going to be pleasantly surprised with the results depending on the cam and tune. The rear gear will make a big difference and a cam and long tube headers really sound nice. If you still want to use it as a road trip car I think this is the way to go
Old 05-18-2019, 01:22 AM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Received 371 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by ~Josh
Auto transmission is a weak link with the blower.
^^^^this

I did both things you are talking about, in stages. Gears and stall first, then supercharger. I then blew my engine so I went forged 383 stroker, cam, heads, headers.....then blew my auto transmission, got a rpm level 6 trans, new stall was running hot so I got Spal fans, Aluminium Dewitt’s radiator and powered trans cooler. Was good for a while but now my rear end has a whine.....If you drive it hard stuff will break.....

good luck

Last edited by Forcedvert; 05-18-2019 at 01:25 AM.

Quick Reply: What would you do?