Sponsored by:

Cargo mat, storage bins

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 10:02 PM
Coyote
Drifting

Received 280 Likes on 110 Posts

Default Cargo mat, storage bins

Recently got some new front Lloyd mats (ultimats) for my AE convertible. Nice, thick and seemed to cut down road noise. So thinking about a Lloyd cargo mat. For those who have them, does it cut down a good bit of noise? Also, how hard is it to access the storage bins afterward?

Last edited by Coyote; 06-10-2019 at 10:05 PM.
Old 06-10-2019, 11:18 PM
o2bnkc
Melting Slicks

Received 293 Likes on 202 Posts

I guess it couldn't hurt, but I don't think it would make a difference. Most of the road noise on our vettes come from the wheel wells. Since they are right b behind us, I don't know what you can do. I've heard of guys putting sound deadening material on them to try to muffle the noise.I just put the top down and crank up the stereo to muffle road noise.
Old 06-11-2019, 02:07 AM
Mr31FlavorsVette
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 52 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

I recently replaced my old Lloyds mat because of sun damage, had I not have had it, my actual carpet would have been damaged instead. Since I've never driven without the mat, I'm not able to answer your question regarding sound deadening. As far as ease of getting to the rear cubby units, it does take a little more effort to get to them, especially since I also have a cargo net, I simply role the mat under the net and back enough to get to them. I prefer the look of the mat too.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:44 AM
Velocity_Vette
Drifting

Received 352 Likes on 294 Posts

You have a convertible so a lot of what I say probably won't apply.

I've had the Lloyd's cover in my targa since I got it. It doesn't reduce road noise. As was mentioned above most of the noise is coming in through the tub (wheel wells) itself so it's still receiving ambient noise in through the tub structure. [I got to be honest I don't know how much I'd be worried about road noise if I owned a convertible...]. The biggest thing it's helped for me is preventing sun damage on the OEM tub carpet, which still looks near brand new. Instead the Lloyd's mat takes any sun damage. Accessing the rear compartments can be a small chore. There are some protrusions for the rear cargo net on the tub sides and you have to make sure the mat slips under them. When you need to access a tub you have to kind of flip and roll the mat onto itself, then when you're done flip & slip it all back in place. Just imagine having to spend an extra ten seconds to access compartments.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:56 AM
jackthelad
Melting Slicks

Received 675 Likes on 519 Posts

What about the mountings for the roof? Still usable?
Old 06-11-2019, 12:00 PM
Mr31FlavorsVette
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 52 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by jackthelad
What about the mountings for the roof? Still usable?
Absolutely.
Old 06-11-2019, 01:40 PM
c5vetteguy
Melting Slicks

Received 231 Likes on 163 Posts
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

I took mine to a carpet remnants place and had them cut it into three pieces and bind the edges. Now, if I want to access only one of the bins, I only have to move/remove the one piece I want. Simple, but effective.

The following users liked this post:
Dave in Pa (06-11-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To Cargo mat, storage bins

Quick Reply: Cargo mat, storage bins