Sponsored by:

Seeking Thoughts/Experiences with Corvette Creationz ZR2 Hood

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2022, 03:01 PM
ChrisL.
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Seeking Thoughts/Experiences with Corvette Creationz ZR2 Hood

Hey there! I was wondering if anyone here either has currently or had previously experienced driving with/installing/etc. with the ZR2 hood for the C5 Corvette as shown and offered by Corvette Creationz? I'm trying to plan for a build and I've been thinking that I would like a vented hood for both aesthetics and function (heat evacuation more than downforce, honestly), and have found myself looking at the ZR2 hood but finding very few users with the hood who can offer up some words for potential buyers. I am considering both the duraflex and carbon fiber versions with the end goal of having the hoods painted the factory color, dark bowling green metallic (if buying the carbon fiber option, I would likely leave the vents and potentially the center cowl exposed carbon).

I know there seems to be a popularity with the Track Spec hood vents, especially for heat evacuation, however, I don't think I am a fan of the way the Track Spec vents look when they are rivetted to the hood. I think I prefer a completely new hood with built-in vents. I'm open to looking at other vented hoods offered by other brands, however, the lower prices associated with the ZR2 hoods is something which appeals to me over some of the competition.

To anyone who would be willing to weigh in on this discussion, what are your experiences with this hood (or other hoods by Corvette Creationz) in regards to fit and finish, heat extraction, and potentially other stuff? I'll be happy to learn whatever you all would like to teach me. Thanks!
Old 03-25-2022, 03:54 PM
heggsc5
Melting Slicks

Received 723 Likes on 511 Posts

The center vent is close enough it will help with heat evacuation. The side vents should help keep the front end from lifting at speed. That's how the Trackspec vents are set up and these vents are close enough.

A lot of people have had fitment issues, some others haven't. I'm inclined to believe a lot, but not all, of the people that have had fitment issues were based on operator error. There are a few different adjustment points for the hood and it's easy to get wrong.

My best advice is go through Pete directly and he should take care of you if you do have any legit issues.
Old 10-16-2022, 07:36 PM
Eric_who
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisL.
Hey there! I was wondering if anyone here either has currently or had previously experienced driving with/installing/etc. with the ZR2 hood for the C5 Corvette as shown and offered by Corvette Creationz? I'm trying to plan for a build and I've been thinking that I would like a vented hood for both aesthetics and function (heat evacuation more than downforce, honestly), and have found myself looking at the ZR2 hood but finding very few users with the hood who can offer up some words for potential buyers. I am considering both the duraflex and carbon fiber versions with the end goal of having the hoods painted the factory color, dark bowling green metallic (if buying the carbon fiber option, I would likely leave the vents and potentially the center cowl exposed carbon).

I know there seems to be a popularity with the Track Spec hood vents, especially for heat evacuation, however, I don't think I am a fan of the way the Track Spec vents look when they are rivetted to the hood. I think I prefer a completely new hood with built-in vents. I'm open to looking at other vented hoods offered by other brands, however, the lower prices associated with the ZR2 hoods is something which appeals to me over some of the competition.

To anyone who would be willing to weigh in on this discussion, what are your experiences with this hood (or other hoods by Corvette Creationz) in regards to fit and finish, heat extraction, and potentially other stuff? I'll be happy to learn whatever you all would like to teach me. Thanks!
Did you end up getting this hood from corvette creations? I am interested in getting the same one or their H Design one
Old 10-16-2022, 07:54 PM
ChrisL.
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

@Eric_who I’ve not yet purchased the hood or any other products from any vendors. I’m hoping to sometime in the next two years as my budget should probably be put into savings and other expenses before the fun stuff.

If I recall correctly, the Instagram and YouTuber “ZeroXcel” purchased the H style you speak of. I believe he has had a positive experience with his after having a negative experience with a different vendor.

I see Pete is active in a number of Facebook Groups/Communities and, if you are hoping to purchase from Corvette Creationz I believe contacting Pete via the Facebook groups may be best, as it is through those Facebook groups that I believe he informs interested parties of when he is ordering high-demand items and you may be able to make a purchase through him and his Facebook without competing for low-supply products listed on the Corvette Creationz website.
Old 10-17-2022, 02:19 PM
Eric_who
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisL.
@Eric_who I’ve not yet purchased the hood or any other products from any vendors. I’m hoping to sometime in the next two years as my budget should probably be put into savings and other expenses before the fun stuff.

If I recall correctly, the Instagram and YouTuber “ZeroXcel” purchased the H style you speak of. I believe he has had a positive experience with his after having a negative experience with a different vendor.

I see Pete is active in a number of Facebook Groups/Communities and, if you are hoping to purchase from Corvette Creationz I believe contacting Pete via the Facebook groups may be best, as it is through those Facebook groups that I believe he informs interested parties of when he is ordering high-demand items and you may be able to make a purchase through him and his Facebook without competing for low-supply products listed on the Corvette Creationz website.
Appreciate the response, messaged ZeroXcel on IG and he said he actually has a VIS hood (looks exactly the same as the CC just a different brand) and he said the fitment was terrible, and the VIS version is nearly 2 grand compared to CC version at 1200, so that's a big yikes. It definitely seems like there is a lot of variance in quality and fitment in the aftermarket hood business even when buying from the same brand that someone else has had a good experience with.
Old 10-17-2022, 02:54 PM
heggsc5
Melting Slicks

Received 723 Likes on 511 Posts

From what I've noticed with all kinds of different enthusiasts installing these parts themselves, is that an inexperienced or not-so-handy person can botch an install job and blame it on the part just as often as the part's mold or QC being the issue. That makes it even more difficult to decide unfortunately. With a hood, there are more than a handful of adjustment points used in order to dial in the fitment. Having swapped my stock hood for an aftermarket hood and back to stock, I can tell you it's time consuming and not a cake walk to dial in the fitment of even a stock hood after R/R.

With that being said, Anderson Composites has a good reputation for a mid-level product. Being in SoCal, you do have the advantage of picking up CC parts from the warehouse yourself. That will allow you to fully inspect the part before taking it home (which is a huge benefit because shipping damage isn't uncommon with parts like this). I've denied at least a couple parts from the warehouse because of imperfections. Unfortunately that doesn't change being able to return it easily if you face fitment/QC issues. I will say, with the multiple issues/imperfections, I've dealt with, Pete at CC has taken care of me on all of them. Might take some time and reminders, but he has eventually taken care of me.

If you're still in SoCal as your avatar says, I have a fiberglass cowl induction hood with a full set of Trackspec vents (sides are already installed) that could use some love and paint if you're interested. It's an ACI, not CC. I bought it used and it was never perfect, but I didn't mind some imperfections.

Get notified of new replies

To Seeking Thoughts/Experiences with Corvette Creationz ZR2 Hood

Quick Reply: Seeking Thoughts/Experiences with Corvette Creationz ZR2 Hood