Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally finished my C5 build (Stroker / Supercharger / Brakes / Wheels / Interior)

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2023, 11:45 AM
MWWarlord
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,112 Likes on 1,940 Posts
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '21-'22

Originally Posted by C6-LS2-MN6
LINK to functional side vents: (Unfortunately they are ALWAYS sold out and it takes months to finally get)
Corvette C5 - Fender Duct — Electron Sport USA

It spends most of its time under a cover in my garage.

I only floor it on the Interstate above 80mph, but for the most part it stays in my garage. I could have bought a new base model C8 for what I have in this C5.... if anything was to happen to it, insurance wouldn't even come close to reimbursing me for it.
You really need to look into getting an agreed value insurance policy. Some places to check would be NCM, Hagerty, and State Farm. These policies are often cheaper than standard comprehensive insurance, but if something DOES happen, they'll actually pay you the value that you have agreed upon (You basically tell them what you think the car is worth). You can actually include the cost of the mods in the value. Obviously the higher the value, the higher the premium. The main issue that some have with these policies is that some of them limit how and when you drive the car. However, you're already not driving it much, so that shouldn't be an issue for you at all. Look into it. I think it would make a LOT of sense for a build like yours.
The following users liked this post:
snaitaz@aol.com (09-21-2023)
Old 09-21-2023, 10:18 AM
Heath1225
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Did I miss something? Didn't you have a LSX454 in this?
Old 09-22-2023, 02:15 AM
C6-LS2-MN6
Burning Brakes

Received 126 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobbo76
Heroic build Sir! I have so much respect and appreciation for the the attention to detail and the all out exceptional choice of components. I really hope you're able to enjoy it for all the evident blood, sweat, and tears that went into it.

Also does anyone else smirk with he said "finished". I did then I looked through the pics. She's done. Nothing else you can do to that to make it better.
Originally Posted by Thrash
Gorgeous, and mucho thanks for all your source links
Originally Posted by MWWarlord
You really need to look into getting an agreed value insurance policy. Some places to check would be NCM, Hagerty, and State Farm. These policies are often cheaper than standard comprehensive insurance, but if something DOES happen, they'll actually pay you the value that you have agreed upon (You basically tell them what you think the car is worth). You can actually include the cost of the mods in the value. Obviously the higher the value, the higher the premium. The main issue that some have with these policies is that some of them limit how and when you drive the car. However, you're already not driving it much, so that shouldn't be an issue for you at all. Look into it. I think it would make a LOT of sense for a build like yours.
I appreciate everybody's comments....Thanks guys. I am currently with StateFarm and have discussed "stated value" with my agent. Unfortunately, they do not offer it.
Old 09-22-2023, 02:23 AM
C6-LS2-MN6
Burning Brakes

Received 126 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Heath1225
Did I miss something? Didn't you have a LSX454 in this?
No, the boosted LSx454 is in my other 2003 Z06 w/ only 5,000 miles.

LINKs to the more technical side of the builds...

2003 Z06
RAGIN' RACING... C5 Z06 build (LSX454 swap / A&A Supercharger) PIC's - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

2001 C5 (car in this post)
Ragin Racin built C5 Corvette TSP 383 stroker / A&A Supercharger (PIC's) - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Last edited by C6-LS2-MN6; 09-22-2023 at 02:37 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by C6-LS2-MN6:
ltnate (09-22-2023), Tusc (09-29-2023)
Old 09-29-2023, 03:24 AM
Tusc
Running Guns & Moonshine
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,449 Likes on 2,014 Posts

Very cool numbers.

Life put a full stop on my Z06 progress this summer. Also some changes to the combo. There is no question I will have it running over the winter and once it is settled in I'm curious where it will fall vs yours. Probably (hopefully?) lower in power since that's more than I want on the street. From my PRC 225 combo I stepped up to Mamo 235s and will see a .3 drop in compression. Giving up some power there, but it depends on how much timing I can add back.

What's your CR, about 10.55? How much boost restriction did this combo reach? And is that pump 93, ethanol mix, or other fuel for those numbers?

Impressive as hell. We definitely need some audio/video of this thing running.

Any noise or belt issues with the direct drive yet?
Old 10-21-2023, 01:44 PM
hotfrank
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Nice build

Quick Reply: Finally finished my C5 build (Stroker / Supercharger / Brakes / Wheels / Interior)