Sponsored by:

Air deflector that fits needed

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2024, 10:05 PM
trloh
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Air deflector that fits needed

On my car the center air deflector has been replaced but fits poorly. I took it off and found that the plastic section held on to the steel mount bracket was upside down. The plastic center section actually slanted rearward rather than being more upright. It was not damaged from a strike it was just a poor reproduction with issues. I can resolve the upside down plastic section by just removing the springs that secure it to the steel bracket and flipping the plastic, but the next issue is the metal bracket itself. It appears similar a stock piece but is not made correctly. It will not mount to the factory holes in the lower bar and at the same time fit the aluminum supports it rest against properly. Not even close. Bending it will not resolve this.

Other than making sizable modifications to this steel bracket to make it fit, has anyone recently ordered a center section that came with the steel bracket that fit correctly? There is a good chance all of the reproductions I see advertised are the same sourced items. Prices are wildly different depending on the vendor offering them. Maybe some are actually better than others.

Any suggestions? I really only need the center section but will buy a complete three-piece kit if one is correct.
Old 03-20-2024, 11:08 PM
Smoken1
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 971 Likes on 783 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Try Marc at vettenuts.net he may have a good used one in-stock

Quick Reply: Air deflector that fits needed