Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvettes and the long haul driving . . . Bra ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2024, 09:54 PM
Midwayman
Burning Brakes

Received 135 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by killain
The paint on the front bumper on my 03 is perfect, and I'd like to keep it that was, I'm planing on some long trips this summer, what should i be looking at in a front bumpr bra ?
if i cared id just get a front end ppf kit on. Bras suck.
Old 05-01-2024, 06:20 AM
hyperv6
Drifting

Received 692 Likes on 433 Posts

I have the Colagan bra, Novi and XPEL for various cars.

The Colgan is the one I use for cross country driving to national meets and it is by far the best money can buy for protection.

The Novi is for local driving and mostly in the spring for bugs.

The XPEL I put on my truck for daily use. It has held well but it does have an end life. You also need to put conditioner on it.
It is not cheap and many have the install expense.

We had it at work and I was able to install myself. It has worked well but I am not sure if I will use it again. I do still use it on exposed head lamps to prevent pitting. My trucks is a Denali so the nose is mostly grille and it does nothing to protect it.

The one to avoid is the Le Bra. There is no inner protection and they are prone to damage paint.

Also never leave any bra on long term. Most that are on all the time have damaged paint they are hiding. The bras will damage paint by rubbing. Always make sure it is tight. Older bras will stretch with time and not fit tight replace them. Never mess with a used one.
Old 05-01-2024, 07:58 AM
JMG2
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,052 Likes on 558 Posts

Originally Posted by Midwayman
if i cared id just get a front end ppf kit on. Bras suck.
I agree for daily driving Xpel is the way to go -- I have it on all my cars, I even have it on my kids' cars. IT's great stuff, they just tend to over exaggerate some of its healing properties.
I hear you on the bra, they do suck, but for long hauls, I feel they're a necessary evil.
Old 05-01-2024, 12:25 PM
DDaaryl
Melting Slicks

Received 632 Likes on 397 Posts

I'm not a fan of bras but one came on the C5 I recently acquired. I haven't removed it yet. Always though bras were for grannys.

Old 05-01-2024, 12:45 PM
Midwest19942000
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by DDaaryl
I'm not a fan of bras but one came on the C5 I recently acquired. I haven't removed it yet. Always though bras were for grannys.
That’s the GM bra. Nice that you were able to get one with your C5 purchase. I have the same one and only use it for long highway trips. It snaps on and off easily.

Just a tip if you remove it and ever want to put it back on leave it out in the sun and let it get warm. It will go back on like butter.
The following users liked this post:
DDaaryl (05-01-2024)

Quick Reply: Corvettes and the long haul driving . . . Bra ?