Sponsored by:

Out of State purchase advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2024, 08:48 PM
antz06
Navigator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Out of State purchase advice

Hello. I have found a potential c5 z06 I would like to purchase. I am located in NJ while the car is located in SC. Unfortunately, my schedule doesnt really allow me to travel to look at the car in person. Car is clean on paper and pics seem to be clean as well. Is there any type of service that would allow me to get in contact with someone locally to the car and view it for me? I would rather not blindly purchase the car lol. Any guidance is appreciated!
The following users liked this post:
Markmbaha1 (05-27-2024)
Old 05-26-2024, 10:36 PM
Vicious_Cycle
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

I used this company to inspect a Corvette for me a few years ago and was happy with their work. I ended up not buying the car based on their inspection report.
The inspector was in North Carolina, so I assume they have a network of inspectors who work for them.

c5arlen (05-27-2024)
Old 05-26-2024, 10:58 PM
r2boxers
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Vehicle Inspections

Originally Posted by antz06
Hello. I have found a potential c5 z06 I would like to purchase. I am located in NJ while the car is located in SC. Unfortunately, my schedule doesnt really allow me to travel to look at the car in person. Car is clean on paper and pics seem to be clean as well. Is there any type of service that would allow me to get in contact with someone locally to the car and view it for me? I would rather not blindly purchase the car lol. Any guidance is appreciated!
There are Mobile Vehicle Inspections. Google....Alliance Inspection Management or SGS on E Bay.
c5arlen (05-27-2024)
Old 05-26-2024, 11:25 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,876 Likes on 14,333 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Moved to C5 General for some advice.
Old 05-27-2024, 11:35 AM
hyperv6
Drifting

Received 729 Likes on 454 Posts

If these are not options contact a local Corvette club for help. They can inspect and get photos to know if it is a good find or not.m
c5arlen (05-27-2024)
Old 05-27-2024, 11:36 AM
Markmbaha1
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Yes I've used then 2 x but i can not think of their company name. Just do a search for like car inspections out of state. You pay them in advance and they go look at and drive the car and go through a decent list of items. They do not take wheels off or take anything apart. They will report on things they can visually observe.
Old 05-27-2024, 11:41 AM
Markmbaha1
Racer

Originally Posted by r2boxers
There are Mobile Vehicle Inspections. Google....Alliance Inspection Management or SGS on E Bay.
Lemon Squad is all over the country.
Old 05-27-2024, 04:33 PM
Tyler_RN_EMT
Pro

Received 190 Likes on 99 Posts

My advice would be to post a new post here in the C5 Section with the location of the car in the title....... If someone on the forum is close by I almost guarantee you will find them willing to stop by and check the car out, take pics of any issues, and test drive for you..... likely free of charge! I know I wouldn't pass up the oppurtunity to go look and and test drive any year Vette! ..... I think you will have the best luck finding someone if you put the location and the ask directly in the title of your post.

Good luck! Post the link to the car! Sometimes you can get some really great feedback from people here on the forum from the sale ad even!
The following 2 users liked this post by Tyler_RN_EMT:
Markmbaha1 (05-27-2024), schaumi (05-27-2024)
Old 05-27-2024, 04:40 PM
Markmbaha1
Racer

Originally Posted by Tyler_RN_EMT
My advice would be to post a new post here in the C5 Section with the location of the car in the title....... If someone on the forum is close by I almost guarantee you will find them willing to stop by and check the car out, take pics of any issues, and test drive for you..... likely free of charge! I know I wouldn't pass up the oppurtunity to go look and and test drive any year Vette! ..... I think you will have the best luck finding someone if you put the location and the ask directly in the title of your post.

Good luck! Post the link to the car! Sometimes you can get some really great feedback from people here on the forum from the sale ad even!
That's a great thought but as a seller, I'm not likely to permit a non buyer to drive my car. Especially there may be an insurance issue should something happen.
Old 05-27-2024, 04:58 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,072 Likes on 2,935 Posts

Not any that will guarantee you the analysis with a warranty. Is that what kind of service you're looking for?

In 100% of the cases I know of, with sight-unseen automotive purchases, the experience has always been negative. Take that FWIW...

Last edited by Skid Row Joe; 05-27-2024 at 08:44 PM.
Old 05-27-2024, 07:08 PM
Tyler_RN_EMT
Pro

Received 190 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Markmbaha1
That's a great thought but as a seller, I'm not likely to permit a non buyer to drive my car. Especially there may be an insurance issue should something happen.
have you never test driven a car before? This happens all the time.
Old 05-28-2024, 10:21 AM
jjc508520
Melting Slicks

Received 396 Likes on 293 Posts

The car is privately owned or from a dealer? I flew from Huntsville AL to Atlanta to get my 95 Z28 years ago - bought the car - drove it home - and not long after the dealership went belly-up. It took a year for me to get a title and a "title broker" (that the dealership had to pay for) is the one that finally got the paperwork sorted out.
Old 05-28-2024, 04:19 PM
MitchSpence
Drifting

Received 321 Likes on 162 Posts

Money well spent. Good luck.
Old 05-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Mc556
Pro

Received 314 Likes on 184 Posts

Where in SC. I am in the upstate near Greenville
Old 05-29-2024, 02:52 PM
Markmbaha1
Racer

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe
Not any that will guarantee you the analysis with a warranty. Is that what kind of service you're looking for?

In 100% of the cases I know of, with sight-unseen automotive purchases, the experience has always been negative. Take that FWIW...
I've purchased 2 Vehicles from out of state. A corvette and a Cadillac XTS V-SPORT Platinum twin turbo, shipped both and both inspected by lemon squad. I've been very happy with both cars, no problems no surprises...but I grill the selling company hard and I instruct LS for specific things I know about they may not check. My only complaint is the shipping process. The 2 I used were horrible with communication.
Old 05-29-2024, 05:31 PM
antz06
Navigator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mc556
Where in SC. I am in the upstate near Greenville
It’s by myrtle beach i believe which i dont think is by greenville. You would know better than me lol

Get notified of new replies

To Out of State purchase advice

Quick Reply: Out of State purchase advice