Sponsored by:

[Z06] had fun @ roebling road : porsches,zo6's and 1 viper

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2003, 02:38 PM
ryan 94viper
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default had fun @ roebling road : porsches,zo6's and 1 viper

THe Florida PCA put on a drivers ed on Sat and Sunday. A few of us georgia guys went down for some fun. I will say all and all it was a well run event that went 2 days without a wrecker being used.
Now let me vent a little. THey wouldnt let us get into one group and play. They also wouldnt let me buy extra run time. We ended up getting 4 20 minute runs per day. No ride alongs only instructers....
We all spanked the porsches and let them know all about american muscle.
My best lap time was a 1:23( this was taken by someone who i dont know and didnt ask for since this is a none timed event). I believe all the other guys were in the 1:25 to 1:29 range buy the end of sunday.....

I will say that the vets and viper did the spanking and the porsches got spanked..

:smash: :smash: :smash: :flag :hurray:

Had a great time with all that went , see you guys soon.... Feel free to give your own viewpoint on what happened @ R.R.

SEE ya ( I said that alot on the track as i passed some cars)

ryan
Old 04-21-2003, 03:57 PM
silverz06vette
Drifting

Default Re: had fun @ roebling road : porsches,zo6's and 1 viper (ryan 94viper)

Poor ole Ryan didn't have anyone to play with. :sad: Well he did get to play with a guy in a P-car finally and showed him who the boss was. Then he wasn't allowed to play with the mixed groups at the end. I would of been pissed too. :mad

I can't complain I was in the blue group and I was told that I was running the fastest times of those guys. Untill the sandbagger in the 94 supra running just shy of 400rwhp and those special (track) tires put his red beast on my butt in the last session on sunday. I could not pull him on the front sraight at all. I could not shake him thru the turns so I gave him the "wave by" on the front straight. He was running a very similiar line to mine so off we went. What a blast it was :steering: :auto: :hurray: I hear that we where running in the 1:26's. Not bad for me as I started out in the 1:43s in the first few sessions on sat. That run was the most fun of the w/e that I had :thumbs: My hat is off to the supra driver who was driving his butt off :steering: to get that 3500lb beast around the track like that. :cheers:

Most of the sessions where spent being slowed up the p-cars. Like Ryan said I don't think those guys knew what hit them. There was about 6-7 Z06s running in various groups.

A big thanks to Ryan for providing us with a place to hang out between sessions and Woosch for providing us with alot of shade. :thumbs:

Just think we had 2 Z06 guys, a viper guy and a supra guy hanging out at the track for the w/e. Like they say in the beer commercial "It just doesn't get any better than this." :cool:
Old 04-21-2003, 05:06 PM
GenerationX
Racer

Default Re: had fun @ roebling road : porsches,zo6's and 1 viper (silverz06vette)

I hope I can live up to the example you guys set this past weekend. I am doing a Porsche Club event at the new Barber track in Alabama this coming weekend. I do not know if there will be any other non-Porsches there, but I am going to do my level best to represent the USA like you guys did!

[Modified by GenerationX, 4:06 PM 4/21/2003]
Old 04-21-2003, 06:24 PM
Timz06
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Re: had fun @ roebling road : porsches,zo6's and 1 viper (GenerationX)

Had fun seeing everyone and meeting the new guys. I slipped up and told the head instructor that I wanted to run with ryan, and he wasn't going to let it happen. I think Ryan was a hair faster, but I'm not sure he would have been able to pass me, guess we'll have to wait until next time.

The porsche's didn't do too well against us. I didn't get passed all day. The only car that was even close was a 996 normally aspirated car. The turbo's didn't do very well, guess the drivers need to push the pedal on the right.

The porsche guys were cool as a group, but some of them started getting pissed off about us blowing them off the track, and complained a little to the organizers. Haha.

I took a lot of video, and went ahead and compressed some to get it up so you guys can take a look, this one has me running with a 911 turbo, and a red z06. Kinda long at 4min's and 18 meg.
http://slobird.com/video2.htm
[Modified by Timz06, 6:46 PM 4/21/2003]

[Modified by Timz06, 10:20 PM 4/21/2003]
Old 04-21-2003, 07:11 PM
Teddy98Z28M6
Pro

I will say that the vets and viper did the spanking and the porsches got spanked..
LOL. Glad to hear you guys had a good time.

:rant: I had to work Friday night because we had to take a HLR down due to some data replication issue. I need a 8-5 job. :mad
Old 04-21-2003, 07:12 PM
silverz06vette
Drifting

I hope I can live up to the example you guys set this past weekend. I am doing a Porsche Club event at the new Barber track in Alabama this coming weekend. I do not know if there will be any other non-Porsches there, but I am going to do my level best to represent the USA like you guys did!

[Modified by GenerationX, 4:06 PM 4/21/2003]
Genx, I hope you can get some videos of your runs at Barber. Have a good time and be safe. :thumbs:
Old 04-21-2003, 07:34 PM
GenerationX
Racer

Default Re: had fun @ roebling road : porsches,zo6's and 1 viper (silverz06vette)

I am borrowing a camera mount and digital camcorder. So I will post some video next week.
Old 04-21-2003, 08:09 PM
silverz06vette
Drifting

Default Re: had fun @ roebling road : porsches,zo6's and 1 viper (Timz06)

Had fun seeing everyone and meeting the new guys. I slipped up and told the head instructor that I wanted to run with ryan, and he wasn't going to let it happen. I think Ryan was a hair faster, but I'm not sure he would have been able to pass me, guess we'll have to wait until next time.

The porsche's didn't do too well against us. I didn't get passed all day. The only car that was even close was a 996 normally aspirated car. The turbo's didn't do very well, guess the drivers need to push the pedal on the right.

The porsche guys were cool as a group, but some of them started getting pissed off about us blowing them off the track, and complained a little to the organizers. Haha.

I took a lot of video, and went ahead and compressed some to get it up so you guys can take a look, this one has me running with a 911 turbo, and a red z06. Kinda long at 4min's and 18 meg.

Ok here is the first video
http://www.slobird.com/movies/roeb911tz061.wmv

[Modified by Timz06, 6:46 PM 4/21/2003]

:cool: video Tim!!!

Old 04-21-2003, 10:16 PM
1TONY1
Advanced

Nice video Tim.......looks like you were ripping up the track !!!
Old 04-21-2003, 11:27 PM
GenerationX
Racer

Default Re: had fun @ roebling road : porsches,zo6's and 1 viper (1TONY1)

Yeah, Tim, that looked great.
Old 04-22-2003, 08:44 AM
woosch
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great weekend!!!!!!!!! :party: :party:
2 things would have made it better, longer run sessions, and on Sunday after they knew we weren't going to kill ourselves let the American muscle run in one group, even for just one session.

It seemed that it took the 20 minutes just to get past all the slower cars, finally see clear track ahead and the checkered flag....

And like someone said we had 2 Z06's, a Viper and a Supra all sharing the same tent, trailer and dinners... not once did a fight break out... We did hear a little smack talking (Ryan) but it was all in good fun.

And really what was with that supra guy.... never saw him all weekend then the last 2 runs he's right there. :crazy: Must have started drinking milk ;)

Great time, probably not going to make the 24th (to run, I'll be there to watch), can't wait for the next event.
I think I have talked my support vehicle driver (wife) into bringing the canopy to more events. :D
Old 04-22-2003, 01:59 PM
ryan 94viper
Instructor

Default Re: had fun @ roebling road : porsches,zo6's and 1 viper (woosch)

well i talked a lot of smack and i loved rockin on the track..... Now we get to go to the track that makes me a little nervous... Big bad road atlanta... I hope i will not have to carry the viper nation by myself ... I am hearing that
5-6 vipers will be at RA on sat and sun... We will see who shows up to have a blast... I will be @ the track on Sat and running on Sunday.

BTW TIM dont forget the first run @ ROebling i went by you inbetween 2-3 and didnt see ya again... 1:23'sssssssssssssssss

FLyin ryan :D
Old 04-22-2003, 02:31 PM
Timz06
Safety Car

Yeah Ryan, I let you and 10 others by the first lap of the first run, guess I don't pick up a track as fast as you do!!

Hope to see you again on track soon, and we'll see then.!

PS I don't blame you for moving to black group to get away from Don and I!

[Modified by Timz06, 2:31 PM 4/22/2003]
Old 04-22-2003, 03:25 PM
ryan 94viper
Instructor

Tim I moved up to black group because i didnt want to hold you and Don back from setting the track on fire....

ANyway i have way to much advantage at road atlanta for it to be fair so i guess we will have to go to CMP. I have no experience at that track but that will make it that much more fun...

MAke sure you get in touch with me if you want to run B group...

I wont be talking to much smack about road atlanta because i already know 2-3 guys that will be faster than me...
C ya at the track ( I respect anyone that will bring it to the track)

ryan
Old 04-22-2003, 03:54 PM
woosch
Pro

Ryan, are you feeling ok??? Or has someone logged in as Ryan??? Where's the smack talking??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Old 04-22-2003, 04:51 PM
Timz06
Safety Car

Ryan must have broken his caps lock! :lol:

Are you guys running this weekend? It's probably full, but even if it isn't my tires are probably corded.

I would dream of trying to keep up with you at RA, want to keep my car in 1 piece!
Old 04-22-2003, 05:25 PM
GenerationX
Racer

I think a bunch of Viper guys are talking about doing the RA track day in August. I am planning to do that one in B group on Saturday. I will NOT be trying to go as fast or faster than Ryan! (Like Tim said, keep the car in 1 piece!)

Get notified of new replies

To had fun @ roebling road : porsches,zo6's and 1 viper

Old 04-23-2003, 07:33 AM
woosch
Pro

I'll likely go to the August event at RA, got to check the dates.

Old 04-23-2003, 09:40 AM
ryan 94viper
Instructor

What is the deal with you zo6 guys ? I know i spanked you bad @ RR but that doesnt mean you have to no show @ road atlanta...... scared woosh ( what are you yellow :rofl: :bb ) TIm lots of people can follow but can you lead ?

BRING IT TO THE TRACK!!!!!!!! :auto:

BTW the supra guy said he is stepping up to A group, finally someone to run with......

FLYIN RYAN
Old 04-23-2003, 11:13 AM
woosch
Pro

Thank god!! The old Ryan is back!!!! :rofl:

I guess I am yellow ( the car anyway)... :D
Just got word my new hood was shipped yesterday, now I've got to get the car to the body shop for painting. Depending on his schedule the car may or may not be done by the 24th.... Then I'm not sure if I want to take it to the track right after the new paint job.... Haven't got enough tape :lol: :lol:

Also need new tires... Boy, May is going to be expensive..... :eek:

Quick Reply: [Z06] had fun @ roebling road : porsches,zo6's and 1 viper