Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] For those of you who Auto X your Z06 Which shocks should I buy?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 04:58 PM
RaceCarDriver
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default For those of you who Auto X your Z06 Which shocks should I buy?

I Auto X my 95 Coupe for years, I had DRM Auto X shocks and they worked great.

Two months ago I traded in my 95 for a 02 Z06. Which shocks do you guys use. I don't want to go with the DRM shocks because you can't adjust them and the ride is way too stiff for the street ( I use my Z06 as a daily driver)

I was think about installing the 04 Z06 shocks. Are they good enough for Auto X , or I should I go with something adjustable like Koni's.

I don't want to go too crazy with it, because I plan on selling the car when the 2006 Z06 comes out.

Thanks

RaceCarDriver
Old 10-20-2003, 05:41 PM
NealB
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Re: For those of you who Auto X your Z06 Which shocks should I buy? (RaceCarDriver)

Do a search for an earlier post from Mark Sipe

He ran a 01 Z06 in SCCA on a national level

He gave his views on the various brands and types of shocks

If you can't find it, I clipped and pasted it into a word doc and can email to you

I prefer not to post that info since the opinions are not my own and I don't know if Mark has changed his thinking in the interim

Old 10-20-2003, 06:21 PM
EVIL
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Default Re: For those of you who Auto X your Z06 Which shocks should I buy? (RaceCarDriver)

talked to several racers and techs and all speak highly of the penske adjustables...i think you can get a set for around 2500-3000....
Old 10-20-2003, 08:49 PM
bcstonic
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: For those of you who Auto X your Z06 Which shocks should I buy? (EVIL)

Just completed running my first AutoX Sunday since installing 2004 Z06 shocks on my 03' Z06. Big difference in slalom sections,rear end did not want to snap out so much. I like the overall feel of them. BTW I won this event over a guy running Penske's. The adjustable shocks are better but I prefer letting GM do the development work. Brian
Old 10-20-2003, 09:09 PM
lager99
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Default Re: For those of you who Auto X your Z06 Which shocks should I buy? (bcstonic)

Just completed running my first AutoX Sunday since installing 2004 Z06 shocks on my 03' Z06. Big difference in slalom sections,rear end did not want to snap out so much. I like the overall feel of them. BTW I won this event over a guy running Penske's. The adjustable shocks are better but I prefer letting GM do the development work. Brian
How is the ride on the new '04 shocks? :cheers:
Old 10-20-2003, 10:48 PM
LTC Z06
Get Some!

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 64 Likes on 44 Posts

Default Re: For those of you who Auto X your Z06 Which shocks should I buy? (NealB)

Do a search for an earlier post from Mark Sipe

He ran a 01 Z06 in SCCA on a national level

He gave his views on the various brands and types of shocks

If you can't find it, I clipped and pasted it into a word doc and can email to you

I prefer not to post that info since the opinions are not my own and I don't know if Mark has changed his thinking in the interim
Please email that to me too :yesnod:
Old 10-21-2003, 08:15 AM
jackmott
Pro

Shocks aren't going to make a HUGE difference on the z06, since the car is dialed in pretty damn well stock.

Nationals have been won on Penske adjustables, and Koni adjustables. You could win nationals on the stock shocks too.

So stay stock unless you have the time, knowledge, and energy to get adjustable shocks dialed in. I've seen national champs spend a good two months figuring them out.
Old 10-21-2003, 09:24 AM
RaceCarDriver
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: For those of you who Auto X your Z06 Which shocks should I buy? (NealB)

COuld you email me the article Neal B?

Thanks for the great info everyone!!!
Old 10-21-2003, 05:42 PM
turbospl311
6th Gear

Well, I drove Mark Sipe's old car (2001 Z06) with the double adjustable Koni's as Scott (a friend of mine) bought it. We co-drove this year learning about the car and learning about the shock setup's. At the SCCA Nationals this year,1 day in the rain (first time for me) the car was great I was awful. the second day, I was 18th out of 45. Not bad for a person who only had 8 events in the car.

I truly loved the ease of adjustment and the range of the Koni's. Model 2812.

Don Miller
1993 40th ruby Red (sold 10\16\2003)
Looking for a C5

Get notified of new replies

To For those of you who Auto X your Z06 Which shocks should I buy?

Quick Reply: [Z06] For those of you who Auto X your Z06 Which shocks should I buy?