Sponsored by:

[Z06] Need Help with 2001 Sport Seat wiring

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 04:46 PM
corvdon
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Help with 2001 Sport Seat wiring

Need help from someone intimately familiar with 2001 Sport Seats or who has a wiring diagram handy.
I am replacing 2004 Z06 stock seat with some 2001 Sport Seats. My problem is that the Sport Seat has two connectors, one for basic power and another blue one that I assume is for memory. The Z06 harness only has the power plug. I put the seat in and connected the power plug and everything seems to work fine except backward motion. If I slide the switch to move straight back, there is just a clicking sound. If I push the switch down vertically and back, the seat will go back until it bottoms out, so I don't think it is the motor itself. I swapped the switch assembly with another and that didn't change anything.
So I guess my question is, should the seat work fully in basic operation without anything connected to the smaller blue connector?
Appreciate any insights on this problem.
Old 03-04-2004, 09:15 PM
NealB
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Re: Need Help with 2001 Sport Seat wiring (corvdon)

I have done the exact same swap and documented what I did

the factory manual and wiring harness were not helpful to me

had to lay the two out side by side and figure it out

I sent you an email with a doc giving probably more details than you want and pix of how to do it

basically, I made the sport seat harness match the wiring of the OEM Z06 el cheapo seats and didn't do any mickey mouse or soldering stuff

strictly OEM equivalent

[Modified by NealB, 8:28 PM 3/4/2004]

Quick Reply: [Z06] Need Help with 2001 Sport Seat wiring