Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] 2004 Z06 Commemorative Edition Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 01:11 PM
GoodbyeGirl
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default 2004 Z06 Commemorative Edition Questions...

Just curious who on the forum owns one? What do you think of the car? Do you think it will be like the '96 Grand Sport, meaning, it will eventually appreciate and become a collectible?

Thanks in advance. :)

Old 03-10-2004, 02:05 PM
PDCjonny
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: 2004 Z06 Commemorative Edition Questions... (GoodbyeGirl)

I do not own one, but took a long and hard look at one before I bought my Black Z06 last week. The dealer had 3 in stock and absolutely refused to budge on the price, which was 5K OVER sticker. And no applicable rebate either. I offered them 3K under sticker and they laughed. They were happy to take 8K off the stocker on the Black Z. There must be some reason the dealer is willing to sit with them, so I would assume they are going to be collectable?
Old 03-10-2004, 02:23 PM
Corvette SSX
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

I don't have one, but I like them. As far as becoming a collectable and especially appreciating in value, I think it will be many years before that happens, if at all. Even very low mileage GS's are still selling below the original MSRP. Eventually, they will appreciate but it will take a long time.
Old 03-10-2004, 03:07 PM
av8or3
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 2004 Z06 Commemorative Edition Questions... (PDCjonny)

I do not own one, but took a long and hard look at one before I bought my Black Z06 last week. The dealer had 3 in stock and absolutely refused to budge on the price, which was 5K OVER sticker. And no applicable rebate either. I offered them 3K under sticker and they laughed. They were happy to take 8K off the stocker on the Black Z. There must be some reason the dealer is willing to sit with them, so I would assume they are going to be collectable?
I'm not a pro at this,but I would think they would become at least as collectible as the Gran Sport. As far as the dealer's selling price go's,he's got
nothing to lose by sitting until he gets his sticker+. Somebody somewhere
will want them eventually and may be willing to pay over sticker. Whatever
the traffic will bear. It's almost like land (as far as selling go's anyway),they
aren't making any more of them,so if someone wants one he's got them.
Old 03-10-2004, 06:19 PM
RayC5
Instructor

The key to the Grand Sports collectability is the engine,That LT4 engine with roller everything.2 years from now when the 2006 Z06 comes out with lots of Carbon Fiber no one is going to care about a hood with vinyl stripes.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:47 PM
MikeP
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I will be getting my Z16 in April. We put it through it paces this past weekend in a Cannonball poker run. We pushed the car to it's limits. I was totally amazed of the performance it can produce. Will it go up in value? Maybe not for some time, but it's not going to fall the as hard as the rest of the C-5 are doing these days. It sure is a head turner when you come pulling up to your local corvette garthering/ car show. I just sold my 98 coupe. It was like giving it away due to the C-6 debute. If you decide to purchase one you won't be disappionted. I already installed a blackwing on it.

Mike P. :cheers: :flag :party:
Old 03-10-2004, 08:28 PM
Gonzo
Le Mans Master

Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts

Default Re: 2004 Z06 Commemorative Edition Questions... (RayC5)

The key to the Grand Sports collectability is the engine,That LT4 engine with roller everything.2 years from now when the 2006 Z06 comes out with lots of Carbon Fiber no one is going to care about a hood with vinyl stripes.
Not to disagree, but: Yes the LT4 engine is more valuble however the 96 CE also came with an LT4 as well as any other color and is valued at about 5 k less. 6,000 CE's were made in 96 and about 2400 were LT4 CES.

The GS were All LT4's but prodcuction was about 1400 to 1500 cars total in including verts.

Bottom line right now a GS in good condition will bring 25k or more you can see them for 30k and up if they have like 1,000 miles. The LT4 CE which I sold for the 2004 CE, will go in great shape with 60,000 miles for about 19 to 21 k tops. Yes the LT4 is more rare being a one year engine, however its the GS that is holding its value better.

As for the 2004 CE yes I bought one and paid MSRP, call me stupid if you want but I like the paint and the stripes. Many folks pay 5K for an aftermarket paint job. As for the wheels I also would have changed them to polished or chrome, so right there I eliminated one mod I would do (rims). The Carbon fiber hood not that big a deal, but it is the first time carbon fiber has been used to this extent on a mass produced car, a little significance not much.

Do I think the 04 CE zo6 will apprciate not in my lifetime and not if I drive the wheels off :D . However I do think that it will retain its value better than other 04 zo6's if for no other reasons than GM did not come off sticker and the limited production. So I think it will be like the GS, maintian its value longer and bring a premium on resale, but not appreciate.

Last thoght when I bought my 96LT4 CE I bought some Lucent stock as well, the car held its value way better by about 1000 percent. Lucent went from 52 to 1 dollar a share and is now at say 3.5 per share. The 96 LT4CE used coast me 24,500 and I sold it 4 years later for 19,000. so live and and enjoy the ride because no-one would have said my car would have been a better investment than the stock market.

5 years from now two ZO6's same condition same miles the CE brings 5 k more, but not anywhere near what you bought on either. Same will go for the C6 when its comes out people are going to pay sticker or more and 5 minutes later when its in the garage its going to be worth less. LOw production and unigue Corvette will always bring more (98 pace car sells for what it did new same with mint 1982 CEs 24k that was sticker). So I think the 04 Ce wil bring back the extra 5k when and if I sell it. Unless something is very rare whats that alumminum block they made like 6 off thats getting hundreds of thou??? appreciation is not gona happen.

IMHO
Old 03-10-2004, 08:38 PM
Tonys torch
Instructor

Default Re: 2004 Z06 Commemorative Edition Questions... (MikeP)

I happen to own one and I'm a proud owner and have "her" out of storage and home tonight here in Dallas.. I didnt' buy my Z16 just for the value later, i enjoy having something different.. Guys this car is for sure different than my very nice 2002 Torch Red Z06. It handles tighter, rides different and to the guy who says and thinks its all about stripes and the hood.. YOUR DEAD WRONG! I suggest you go study on the car.
Im very pleased to say the Z06 has improved over the 2 years from 02 to 04 and i think i got one of the rarest deals around. $49,250.00 is what i payed, the dealership i bought from were kinda dumb founded over this car, thinking it was just another Z06.. when i walked into the dealership i ask my regular saleman if he could deal on the Z16 i have now.. HE said SURE!! and this was dealing with the Z16 without dealing with my car.. i didn't bring my car to the dealership to make the deal on the new Z16...they did call me the day after we made the deal before i even signed on the dotted line the next day and he the salesman said he had been called in about selling the car that cheap.. BUT it was too late and they had to honor the deal with me.. I would have not paid sticker for the car, but i dont pay sticker for any car.. i would have been happy with my 02 Torch Red Z...this car dealership also just wanted to move as many Corvettes as they could.. this gets them more Corvette's each year and they want to have many 2005 Corvette's. its all about volume at the dearlerships here in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. Maybe in other areas too.

But getting back to the car.. this car is wonderful, i suggest buying one if you want something different, i believe it will be worth more than ANY other C5 or Z06 made. Sure i dont think it will bring sticker price down the road.. not many cars do and if Bowling Green is telling me the truth.. they didn't come close to the 1800 Z16's scheduled to be made. They will send me a plaque when production is finished with my cars number on it.. they also will give me a count on the amount of Z16's built. I have promissed to tell Monica when i find out how many they did actually make.

Here's my pic.. im not good at posting pics.. so this one is for Slong.

get your sunglasses on Slong!! :cool:
Old 03-10-2004, 09:29 PM
1%r
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03 through '17

Default Re: 2004 Z06 Commemorative Edition Questions... (Tonys torch)

Tony,
I used to back in the day have a 68 Hemi Road Runner no options just an AM radio paid $4810.00 for the car. :yesnod:
The Beep Beep is worth major money today.
The point I'm trying to make is that your car being a limited edition C5 will be worth big bucks under the following circumstances.
1. All OEM
2. Garage Queen with low mileage
3. You live another 30-50 years.
1600 units is a very low production ride.

Now the real reason why I posted on this thread.

I haven't seen Slong post all day and after reading his post to you from last night you must take a night course in photography. :D

Man Tony did you take the pic. of your limited Z in direct sunlight? :eek:

I should be real happy that I live so close to some of the best hospitals in the New York area as I know have blured vision and I'm in fear I need a retina transplant.
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:jester
Old 03-10-2004, 09:43 PM
slong
Melting Slicks

Default Re: 2004 Z06 Commemorative Edition Questions... (jersey jay)

:lol: :lol: :lol: (jersey jay) :thumbs:
Old 03-10-2004, 09:45 PM
1%r
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: 2004 Z06 Commemorative Edition Questions... (slong)

Sloooooooooooooooonggggggggggggggg :lol:

Hi Tony :D :jester
Old 03-10-2004, 09:47 PM
Tonys torch
Instructor

LAUGHING MY BEHIND OFF RIGHT NOW JERSEY JAY!!!!
Great Post.. I know im handsome, rich, and I MELT when i get wet in the rain.
But taking photos is NOT my thing.

I still need that Blonde to hold my drink and NOW take my pics.

I think the glare is coming off the silver stripes!! :eek:
Old 03-10-2004, 09:48 PM
Gonzo
Le Mans Master

Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts

They will send me a plaque when production is finished with my cars number on it.. they also will give me a count on the amount of Z16's built. I have promissed to tell Monica when i find out how many they did actually make.
Hey Tony, Will al Z16 owners get the plaque, with your number onit and total Z16s made???

By the way great buy :cheers: I paid sticker but got a good deal on my trade in 96LT4CE :thumbs:
Old 03-10-2004, 09:53 PM
GoodbyeGirl
Safety Car

Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: 2004 Z06 Commemorative Edition Questions... (Gonzo)

The GS were All LT4's but prodcuction was about 1400 to 1500 cars total in including verts.
The GS production number is exactly 1000. The number of GS is indicated in the last 4 digits of the VIN # :)
Old 03-10-2004, 09:55 PM
Tonys torch
Instructor

Default Re: 2004 Z06 Commemorative Edition Questions... (Gonzo)

Hey Gonzo how is that C/E brother or sister of mine doing?
Hope your still loving your car? how many miles on yours today?
I just turned right at 620 miles and it maybe that GARAGE QUEEN that Jay speaks about. Especially if i get the car im looking at now to have as my daily driver. I want to rotate between my pickup and this other car im looking to purchase.

On the plaque.. I have this friend at the plant here in Arlington,TX check into my car, and also i wrote Bowling Green, spoke to the dealership i purchased it at.. and they all confirm a plaque with the number of the Z16 built will be sent to the owner.. this is after they finish production and might be sent towards the end of this year. I hope they are all correct, i am staying ontop of it and will post or write you to let you know. :thumbs:
Old 03-10-2004, 09:55 PM
1%r
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

LAUGHING MY BEHIND OFF RIGHT NOW JERSEY JAY!!!!
Great Post.. I know im handsome, rich, and I MELT when i get wet in the rain.
But taking photos is NOT my thing.

I still need that Blonde to hold my drink and NOW take my pics.

I think the glare is coming off the silver stripes!! :eek:
Bwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Awsome Tony your da man.

Another member just pm'd me and asked where to find MILF, I told him under one of the forum vendors.
Sorry but their all out of blondes.
I think if you go to http://www.yahoo.com and look in the personals you might have some luck there.
Don't post a picture of yourself, I'd use the pic of the Vette in your sig. it should get alot of replys.
:jester :D
Old 03-10-2004, 09:57 PM
GoodbyeGirl
Safety Car

Cruise-In III Veteran

I happen to own one and I'm a proud owner and have "her" out of storage and home tonight here in Dallas.. I didnt' buy my Z16 just for the value later, i enjoy having something different.. Guys this car is for sure different than my very nice 2002 Torch Red Z06. It handles tighter, rides different and to the guy who says and thinks its all about stripes and the hood.. YOUR DEAD WRONG! I suggest you go study on the car.
Im very pleased to say the Z06 has improved over the 2 years from 02 to 04 and i think i got one of the rarest deals around. $49,250.00 is what i payed, the dealership i bought from were kinda dumb founded over this car, thinking it was just another Z06.. when i walked into the dealership i ask my regular saleman if he could deal on the Z16 i have now.. HE said SURE!! and this was dealing with the Z16 without dealing with my car.. i didn't bring my car to the dealership to make the deal on the new Z16...they did call me the day after we made the deal before i even signed on the dotted line the next day and he the salesman said he had been called in about selling the car that cheap.. BUT it was too late and they had to honor the deal with me.. I would have not paid sticker for the car, but i dont pay sticker for any car.. i would have been happy with my 02 Torch Red Z...this car dealership also just wanted to move as many Corvettes as they could.. this gets them more Corvette's each year and they want to have many 2005 Corvette's. its all about volume at the dearlerships here in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. Maybe in other areas too.

But getting back to the car.. this car is wonderful, i suggest buying one if you want something different, i believe it will be worth more than ANY other C5 or Z06 made. Sure i dont think it will bring sticker price down the road.. not many cars do and if Bowling Green is telling me the truth.. they didn't come close to the 1800 Z16's scheduled to be made. They will send me a plaque when production is finished with my cars number on it.. they also will give me a count on the amount of Z16's built. I have promissed to tell Monica when i find out how many they did actually make.

Here's my pic.. im not good at posting pics.. so this one is for Slong.

get your sunglasses on Slong!! :cool:
Thanks for the post. We're thinking about buying one (obviously). It would be a unique car that we would not garage - we would drive it and enjoy it. I would think that of the C5 generation, this is going to be "the one" that everyone will want....someday anyway (my opinion of course ;) )

Get notified of new replies

To 2004 Z06 Commemorative Edition Questions...

Old 03-10-2004, 10:02 PM
Tonys torch
Instructor

Well it seems we kept another post on the cupholder going last night, SO we minus well keep this one up for a bit.
Hey Jersey Jay... if i post on YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, i might find more than a Blonde!! I dont want something i cant wash off..HAHA
Im just going to post an ad on the forum here for a Blonde to be my cupholder, my picture taker, and my gear shifter... :lol:

I may come up with more needed suggestions as time passes, but thats all for now.. :reddevil

GET READY... :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Old 03-10-2004, 10:06 PM
1%r
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

I think you should do it in the OT forum Tony, you should get alot of hits :jester
Old 03-10-2004, 10:08 PM
slong
Melting Slicks

:lurk:

Quick Reply: [Z06] 2004 Z06 Commemorative Edition Questions...