Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone interested in GP on dash kit coating?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 01:10 PM
SupraEater
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone interested in GP on dash kit coating?

I talked to someone today about getting the dash coated. The process is called photogenesis. if you have any questions i can post more info. i think most people are familiar with it. the center console dash piece (around the radio) typically costs $216. He said if we get 5 people it would be $175. I would like to get the dash, the pieces next to the steering wheel (by the key hole and the opposite small piece), the center console (under the arm rest), and the pieces around the door handles. i am not sure how much all of this will cost. he said it is typically .95 per square inch, but he would do it for .75 if we get 5 people. i think everything would run aound $400. Would anybody be interested in this? I just like the fact that it is a coating that is factory. it covers the factory pieces and you maintain factory fit and finish. not like the cheap add ons. there are many colors to choose from, including carbon fiber look, brushed aluminum, etc... i think this is what we need to make our cars look like the 50k cars. please let me know what you think.
thanks
Old 08-17-2004, 02:47 PM
zohhhsix
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Do you have any pics of a finished car. I would be interested if I can see what I am getting...Please email me with some pics at zohhhsix@yahoo.com.......Thanks
Old 08-17-2004, 02:53 PM
PaceThis
Race Director

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

PFYC.com has these done...

don't remember how the pricing compares though...
Old 08-17-2004, 03:10 PM
Coyote
Drifting

Received 280 Likes on 110 Posts

Sounds groovie. I looked at the dash parts on PFYC.com and they look really good. The finish looks nice on those parts but I'm not really into the carbon fiber thing (looks funky to me). Of course, a wood dash in a black interior sports car might be funky. Can we see a list of options?? For example, my wife has a black Saturn LW300 and the dash in done in a wood pattern and looks similiar to what I saw at PFYC.com. HOWEVER, it is mono-chromatic and the black/white(grey scale) wood trim actually looks pretty slick and would come off well in a black interior car. I'd be interested if I could see the options we'd have and if they'd have a nice "quality" finish and feel smooth/etc.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:23 PM
SupraEater
Instructor

hey thanks...i will contact them as well and see what they can do. their prices appear to be slightly better. i hope they have other color options as well. i am guessing they would. you can get ideas from
http://www.automotiveupgrades.com/ga...&showsite=true

they have pics of different options....check!!!
Old 08-17-2004, 03:43 PM
Mr. Blue
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd be interested in brushed aluminum on the center console part. Let me know what you come up with
Old 08-17-2004, 05:17 PM
Mean Green
Team Owner

CI III & IV Vote Ho
CI II, III, IV & V Vet
CI IV Bracket Champ
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

If you are not a Supporting Vednor, all Marketing and/or GPs need to be approved thru Troy 1st

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone interested in GP on dash kit coating?

Quick Reply: Anyone interested in GP on dash kit coating?