Sponsored by:

Remove PCV lines?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 01:03 AM
TheHammer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Remove PCV lines?

Is it possible to remove the recirculating PCV line system? I mean take the hose that connects the left valve cover with the throttle body and remove it, and stick two separate hose/air filters to each hole separately? I want to know if this would affect the engine, as mine runs like poo (stupid PCV oil in my intake). Let me know what you think-

Josh
Old 10-06-2004, 02:38 AM
CubanMissile
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had mine disconnected for the longest time with no problems. However, just hooked back over the weekend. The jury is still out; will let you know if it affects it in any way.
Old 10-06-2004, 07:05 AM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 891 Likes on 589 Posts

Yes it is possible as a few here are doing something similar. I recently ripped out my LS1 PCV setup and swapped in the LS6 version. Plus, I have been running an oil catch can for quite some time and that has proven effective in eliminating a large amount of oil from the intake. I have seen some remove the PCV altogether and run breathers on the valve covers. I considered this but decided to use the LS6 system for a while before taking that route. Here are some pics of my setup. There are lots of variations of what I'm doing including using a CH air compressor separator as a catch can so take it with a grain of salt.

Z06 Valley Cover

View of the PCV element

LS1 valley pan removed

Z06 Valley cover in place

Catch can hoses routed to the intake

Valve cover breathers

Last edited by Patches; 10-06-2004 at 07:15 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Remove PCV lines?

Quick Reply: Remove PCV lines?