Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

members choice extended warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 04:27 PM
26sonic
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default members choice extended warranty?

boughan extended warranty for my 2000 coupe with 5000 miles from my federal credit union that gave 7yrs /75k miles with $100 ded. for $1200 , this is the planinum plan that covers almost every thing but normal maint. items, has anyone had any experience with them?
Old 10-21-2004, 05:09 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,305 Likes on 13,977 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Is it strictly though the credit union or are they using an independent warranty company to administer the plan? If they are contracting with a warranty company, knowing the name may help with a response. But, good idea to get the plan.
Old 10-21-2004, 05:59 PM
mfh4
Instructor

My rule of thumb is that you get what you pay for. I have been warned by a friend who owns a long-standing use car company that many of the after-market warranties do not come through when needed... especially on Corvettes. Apparently they find some way to wiggle out of covering the claim. I was encouraged to get a GM extended warranty. Only 3/36 but I have the car in right now for a leaky gasket in the transmission, and there is no problem at all with coverage. I'd read the plan/contract closely for the plan you are considering.

MFH
Old 10-21-2004, 06:35 PM
26sonic
Racer

the brochure says the company on the brochure is "members choice auto care, cuna mutual group. It looks like they have a website (members choice warranty)
Old 10-06-2014, 12:13 PM
MrDeez
1st Gear

I know it's been 10 years for this thread, but I'd like to pull it out of the dirt.

I've had a very aggravating experience with Member's choice warranty. Long story short, the car has a stutter/hesitation when braking. Under warranty and dealer looking at it. Rental/courtesy vehicle not covered though. So move to members choice. They can't authorize rental coverage until dealer completes the diagnosis, and the defective part must be covered by MR warranty. After which, the dealer has to call by phone to members choice (average 45-minute wait time) and tell them the diagnosis. Then one can get an authorized rental from Hertz or Enterprise. This very inefficient and unprofessional process at the cost of $1,700 is not worth the hassles in my opinion.

I would strongly advise against third-party extended coverage warranties, if not warranties altogether, that is unless you have absolutely no means or intelligence to research and repair a vehicle yourself. If you absolutely have to have an extended warranty, grab your ankles, apply lube, and let the dealership take superior advantage of you with the sever amount of money they will charge. OR invest your money in a Tesla Model S and never have any of these issues ever again.
Old 10-07-2014, 07:58 AM
gillman123
Heel & Toe

When I bought my '04 Coupe from Texas Direct Auto ( a huge USED car dealership here in Houston) back in May, they said "since it has only 30k miles on it,,,, it qualifies for an extended FULL coverage Warranty thru AUL, [Associates Underwriting Limited]".

The bad news was; it cost more than $1,700.
But the good news is: my A/C compressor went out last weekend and AUL covered the repair/replacement less a $100 deductible.

My "rule" is NEVER, EVER buy an extended Warranty BUT I broke my own rule this time and it (so far) seems like a decent decision. The previous post mentioned me; I am NOT a mechanic nor do I have the time/tools/knowledge to do the work myself.

If one more major item breaks; transmission or engine related, then my expensive Warranty will have paid for itself. Life and Insurance is a gamble, right?
Old 10-07-2014, 09:43 AM
bjones7131
Safety Car

Received 845 Likes on 592 Posts

I had a warrrenty like this on a previous auto and had to use it and they gave me grief and I had to protest/challenge it and they finally paid.

Get notified of new replies

To members choice extended warranty?

Quick Reply: members choice extended warranty?