Sponsored by:

WTF??? Pissed off at '01 Z06 seller

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 10:12 AM
V8USA
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WTF??? Pissed off at '01 Z06 seller

Called up the number and spoke a woman. She didn't even bother giving me the VIN. Said to call back next week if I'm still interested and she's not going to look for the VIN right now.

WTF???

Why do you put your ad in the paper then? Give me a break woman. Are you guys dealling with these type of fu%kin' sellers too? I bet in 2 weeks they'll be begging me to take it off their hands at much below $28K. I won't even bother with them.

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
$28,000
Mileage 8,800 Engine
Body Style Transmission 6-Speed
Exterior Color RED
Chev 2001 Corvette Z06: Only 8800 Mi, Red w/Blk intr, Immac Like New Cond, 6spd Trans, Delco stereo/CD, always gargd, MUST SELL. Only $28,000. 630-778-6948
Listing Date: November 5, 2004
Listing Source: Chicago Tribune

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...0&aff=national
Old 11-06-2004, 10:18 AM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,814 Likes on 1,926 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Is it possible she was busy, and doesnt even know what a VIN is..
Is it possible the owner was away...and would be back ("call back next week" )
Is it possible she dont care about the Vette One way or the other..

Just some rational thinking..
Old 11-06-2004, 11:35 AM
screw991le
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Crappy ad. Not even thier pic, if I was selling a Z06 i would take more time. It's probally here ex-husbands, she probally got it in a bitter divorce along with the house kids and dog.
Old 11-06-2004, 11:36 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,862 Likes on 14,320 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

If she is like my wife, she may not know all the details of the car. Sounds like a good price for the car, so it may be worth a little frustration to look at this one.
Old 11-06-2004, 11:37 AM
X-ZZ4
Team Owner

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Can you really buy a low miles Z06 for $28K??? Sounds cheap to me........
Old 11-06-2004, 11:52 AM
Zilla
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: All that glitters is Gold - Hockey Is CANADA'S game
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

If she is not the actual owner of the car and the owner is away then she should indicate this. Plus I remember when I bought a car and was getting a loan, the bank would always running a check on the car so you need the VIN.
Old 11-06-2004, 12:50 PM
jfrc
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

zilla, you and your avatars
Old 11-06-2004, 12:54 PM
MyBlueC5
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '05
CI VI Veteran

Originally Posted by JDs00PewterCoupe
Sounds like a good price for the car, so it may be worth a little frustration to look at this one.
The other thing is, I've found sometimes that if the price is too good, they may have realized that because of the quantity of phone calls. Next thing you know, they are blowing off potential customers until they can relist it again for a higher price.

Mark
Old 11-06-2004, 01:03 PM
V8USA
Instructor

Thanks for all the input guys. I guess I just didn't care for the lack of respect I got as a potential buyer from her.

I know how it is on the other side of things. I sold my '03 Z06 a few months back for $35,000 and it only had about 2,000 miles on it. Chrome Z06 wheels too. And I thought the market was soft at that time. But at that time I had 2 cars on the market and really didn't want it to be the Z06 that sold first but that's life.

...hoping it won't be too long without a Z06 again!
Old 11-06-2004, 01:12 PM
DudeWheresMyVette
Drifting

Location: NYC / Naples, FL C5 under construction! Arancio Atlas (Lamborghini Metallic Orange) comming soon! :)

Originally Posted by V8USA
Thanks for all the input guys. I guess I just didn't care for the lack of respect I got as a potential buyer from her.

I know how it is on the other side of things. I sold my '03 Z06 a few months back for $35,000 and it only had about 2,000 miles on it. Chrome Z06 wheels too. And I thought the market was soft at that time. But at that time I had 2 cars on the market and really didn't want it to be the Z06 that sold first but that's life.

...hoping it won't be too long without a Z06 again!

You had another post about Manheim auction I believe the other day, and I did not really read through it. If you have a dealer license and are used to auction prices then I doubt you should go the private party route. You also are not taking into consideration that many members here own Z06 vettes and by saying she will "be begging me" uh, you are discrediting the value of the members cars too. No one likes to hear auction value, and this is why I really do not like prices discussed much on here because for those need to sell their car, they will most likely be low balled.
Old 11-06-2004, 02:35 PM
V8USA
Instructor

Originally Posted by DudeWheresMyVette
You had another post about Manheim auction I believe the other day, and I did not really read through it. If you have a dealer license and are used to auction prices then I doubt you should go the private party route. You also are not taking into consideration that many members here own Z06 vettes and by saying she will "be begging me" uh, you are discrediting the value of the members cars too. No one likes to hear auction value, and this is why I really do not like prices discussed much on here because for those need to sell their car, they will most likely be low balled.
Yes, I've had a dealer's license for 10 years but don't see a whole lot of good vettes out there. That's not what I specialize in anyway so I want to go the private party route as most do in sports cars. Not the run of the mills like the certified imports I deal with so taking my time to find a good owner of the vette.

BTW, I used to own a Z06 as well so not trying to put anyone down here. It seems to me like you're in the minority in terms of the auction values. What does that have to do with your car specifically? By mentioning the prices, does that bring your car's value down? Get real, we're all big boys here and if you don't like people to be informed then this isn't the place for you in the first place.
Old 11-06-2004, 03:07 PM
2ndVette
Drifting

Called up the number and spoke a woman. She didn't even bother giving me the VIN. Said to call back next week if I'm still interested and she's not going to look for the VIN right now.

WTF???

Why do you put your ad in the paper then? Give me a break woman. Are you guys dealling with these type of fu%kin' sellers too? I bet in 2 weeks they'll be begging me to take it off their hands at much below $28K. I won't even bother with them.

$28,000
Mileage 8,800 Engine
Exterior Color RED
Chev 2001 Corvette Z06: Only 8800 Mi, Red w/Blk intr, Immac Like New Cond, 6spd Trans, Delco stereo/CD, always gargd, MUST SELL. Only $28,000. 630-778-6948

I know that you want the VIN to check the car out via CarFax (of which I personally believe is a very limited view of a car's history) but, on the flip side of the coin, I wouldn't give ANYONE my VIN number over the phone. Whether or not you realize it, a car can be stolen this way by simpling getting a relacement key from a less than by the book car dealer.

If you are a serious buyer, take the effort to quiz the owner on it's history and if it sounds to your liking, get off the couch and go look at in person. If you are still serious and still want to be Rockford, then by all means, ask for the VIN at that time. I can easily understand why a seller (regardless if they be a man or woman) doesn't want to talk to tire kickers about identifying information about their car w/o you reciprocally giving identifying information to the seller stating who the heck you are.
Old 11-06-2004, 03:20 PM
2KREDVert
Melting Slicks

Received 298 Likes on 214 Posts

If you want a nice used Corvette with low miles, don't go to Chicago. Probably been in the salt and is a real mess underneath. Come out to the sunbelt and buy a nice clean one that is as new. One drive in the salt and the chasis is ruined, you'll never get it all out. Buy in SoCa, Nevada, Arizona or New Mexico. The Midwest would be the last place regardless of miles. Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-06-2004, 09:03 PM
MaverickC5
Instructor

Originally Posted by DudeWheresMyVette

huh?
Old 11-06-2004, 09:05 PM
MaverickC5
Instructor

Originally Posted by 2KREDVert
If you want a nice used Corvette with low miles, don't go to Chicago. Probably been in the salt and is a real mess underneath. Come out to the sunbelt and buy a nice clean one that is as new. One drive in the salt and the chasis is ruined, you'll never get it all out. Buy in SoCa, Nevada, Arizona or New Mexico. The Midwest would be the last place regardless of miles. Just my 2 cents.

oy veh...
Old 11-07-2004, 12:36 AM
DudeWheresMyVette
Drifting

Location: NYC / Naples, FL C5 under construction! Arancio Atlas (Lamborghini Metallic Orange) comming soon! :)

Yes, I've had a dealer's license for 10 years but don't see a whole lot of good vettes out there. That's not what I specialize in anyway so I want to go the private party route as most do in sports cars. Not the run of the mills like the certified imports I deal with so taking my time to find a good owner of the vette.

BTW, I used to own a Z06 as well so not trying to put anyone down here. It seems to me like you're in the minority in terms of the auction values. What does that have to do with your car specifically? By mentioning the prices, does that bring your car's value down? Get real, we're all big boys here and if you don't like people to be informed then this isn't the place for you in the first place.

It is very much the place for me and has been for a while. We know how much our cars are worth, but often people see very low auction prices and think that is the going rate. Personally, I dont really care to be honest, but when some forum members on here need to sell, it is mis information that hurts a sale. Some guys need to sell because of financial emergencies and spreading around low market prices might give potential buyers a very low head number. I plan to paint my car a non factory color so I really can give a ratts azz about the value of mine but I do consider others.

As far as belonging, it is you that is making these semi-obnoxious threads about dollar-dollar-dollar. True enthusiasts do not particularly put that on the top and come here to discuss the cars, not their value. Again, do as you wish but have a little class while on the forum instead of taking un necessary jabs out of immaturity. Thanks.

Last edited by DudeWheresMyVette; 11-07-2004 at 12:39 AM.
Old 11-07-2004, 12:40 AM
Slash
Drifting

From their picture, looks like a rare Z06 to me.

Only a few Z06's came with a hatchback installed!

Get notified of new replies

To WTF??? Pissed off at '01 Z06 seller

Old 11-07-2004, 12:44 AM
DudeWheresMyVette
Drifting

Originally Posted by Slash
From their picture, looks like a rare Z06 to me.

Only a few Z06's came with a hatchback installed!

Old 11-07-2004, 02:59 AM
JACKAL0PE
Lepus-temperamentalus
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

WTF???

$28,000
Mileage 8,800 Engine
Exterior Color RED

Tell her thank you! She just saved you the trouble of fooling with her. Who'd want to actually have to deal with someone like that?
Old 11-07-2004, 06:40 AM
yelloyello
Melting Slicks

CI 6-7, 9-10 Veteran

I say we all give her a call. Then she would find that damn vin # pretty quick

Quick Reply: WTF??? Pissed off at '01 Z06 seller