Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Poll: Your 2002 Z06 order info

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2001, 01:41 PM
beggar
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, am I like the only one in the US whose order hasn't even been accepted yet? On one hand it's actually good because the longer I wait the more money I'll have for the downpayment. On the other hand, I don't wanna wait too long!

Old 06-21-2001, 02:33 PM
sabslt4
Advanced

order # DKHV55
COLOR: MY
INTERIOR MOD RED
TPW: N/A

JUST GOT RID OF MY 01
NOW THE LONG WAITING PROCESS, IM VERY GLADE TO SEE OTHER GUYS GETTING TPW'S WELL MINE WILL BE SOON ENOUGH.. good thing come to though's who wait .....

Old 06-25-2001, 01:45 PM
DrDirectX
Heel & Toe

I am in just about the same boat as Bleck.

deposit down, received by dealer 5/14/2001.
no order processing info yet as the dealer has a list and I am down it a bit. thats okay though, since hopefully the stock market will be nicer to me by the time the allocation comes free. I too got a good price.

2002 Z06 Electron Blue, Black Interior, AAB Memory Package, DD0 Electochromic Mirrors, V49 Front License Plate Bracket.
Old 07-18-2001, 01:09 AM
Rwdyryd
Racer

My order was accepted ~06/12, got an order # with event code of 3000 within 1 week. Then was @ 3100 the week before shutdown. Since the toy shop reopened, my order got sequenced, #2816 w/tpw of 07/30. I wonder how realistic the tpw is, as @ 130 cars a day, I figure mine should be built ~ 08/07, I hope I'm wrong.

Any other updates.....

Thanks to Tony & Sonny for keeping us informed!

Bob

Old 07-18-2001, 01:26 AM
Zapper
Drifting

Being built this Thursday.

Red / Mod red / mem seats / mirrors / BSM's? / Cdn spec / big smile !

Old 07-18-2001, 01:28 AM
Zapper
Drifting

Eh Beggar

Are you going to be at Hot August Nights ? I'm planning on being there. E mail me for info if you wish.
Old 07-18-2001, 01:39 AM
YardDog
Instructor

beggar,

I'm with you. Have an order number with a local dealer I like. He has my name and address on the order request. But, the order has not been accepted by GM yet.

Started with the dealer in late May. Got an order posted to GM by mid June. Dealer told me that he had been assured that the order would be accepted by 7-18-01. Today (7-18) he was dismayed that the order had not been accepted yet and reassured me that the order would be "pulled" by GM by the end of July or the first week in August. He also promised to discount the vehicle (an unrequested offer!) because of the unanticipated delays. I am waiting patiently, but like you I am not sure at what point I should persue another plan.

I have read the posts on this thread with great interest and some envy.

Patiently waiting..., but beginning to growl softly.
Old 07-18-2001, 01:46 AM
YardDog
Instructor

beggar,

I'm with you. Have an order number with a local dealer I like. He has my name and address on the order request. But, the order has not been accepted by GM yet.

Started with the dealer in late May. Got an order posted to GM by mid June. Dealer told me that he had been assured that the order would be accepted by 7-18-01. Today (7-18) he was dismayed that the order had not been accepted yet and reassured me that the order would be "pulled" by GM by the end of July or the first week in August. He also promised to discount the vehicle (an unrequested offer!) because of the unanticipated delays. I am waiting patiently, but like you I am not sure at what point I should persue another plan.

Patiently waiting..., but beginning to growl softly.
Old 07-18-2001, 01:52 AM
Rwdyryd
Racer

YardDog,
Check out Kens Newsletter, it mentions a extended allocation forecast????? Every dealer knows their short term allocation. So you might try to ask your dealer about theirs. When I asked that question when I was trying to order my 01 you could tell by their response they had no allocation.....in fact then they said they didn't & were assured by the Area Manager they would get one. Needless to say I didn't put my hopes on their hopes.....the hopes were getting a little deep.

Bob

Old 07-18-2001, 02:40 AM
CALVette
Safety Car

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Rwdyryd,

Did a deal today in Walnut Creek for a EB Z06. The first time they put a order in for me it came out black. Today they had one turn up EB and they emailed me.
I had to cancel my out of state order and go with this one, more money but I'll get the car sooner.

Old 07-18-2001, 06:14 AM
BP02O6
Intermediate

Order #DHHJD2
2nd on the list
Keep getting skipped over for other colors.
no TPW
MY
Patiently Waiting
Brad
Old 07-18-2001, 11:31 AM
Rwdyryd
Racer

Ray,
Congratulations!!!!
What's your tpw? Are you still doing a museum delivery?
FYI, if you know of anybody that wants a blk/blk loaded, my CA dealer has the car I delined available..... You knew my deal, he wants msrp, tpw 08/14, Event status 3000.

Regards,
Bob

Old 07-18-2001, 12:32 PM

Ordered in Feb-May. Just got my build date yesterday (8/6). If everything works out, I should be getting my Z06 @ the Museum on 8/30.

Electron Blue/ Black interior
All options except BSM's

Hope everyone the best of luck...

Old 07-18-2001, 01:35 PM
J Lance Miller
Racer

Ordered Torch Red Z06 on 7/01/01 with Memory and Mirrors - received order number DMXB6D.
At that time, my dealer only had 1 other Z06 order to fill - Electron Blue. We thought mine would get filled next due to limited EB allocations.
Found out last Thursday that the the EB order would get a TPW of 8/06. Add one week to my order...
Update(7/26) - order number changed to DNJFBC, TPW 8/13.

Lance
'66 L72 Coupe
'02 Z06 (soon)

[This message has been edited by J Lance Miller (edited 07-26-2001).]
Old 07-18-2001, 01:37 PM
beggar
Racer

Originally Posted by YardDog:
[B
beggar,

Patiently waiting..., but beginning to growl softly.[/B][/color]
That's cool that you'll get a discount. I think it's worth to be patient. My dealer said there would be a discount depending on demand, but it looks like the demand is quite high and supply is short. [img]http]//www.corvetteforum.cc/ubb/frown.gif[/img] Oh well, but one thing that makes all the wait more bearable for me is that right now I still have some debt to pay off and I would have a very hard time affording a Z06 right now, but a few months later it'll be a totally different story. If I had the money to buy it right now I think I'd be climbing trees like an enraged monkey!

Zapper, I usually don't go to Hot August Nights because the cars over there don't appeal to me. If there were modern sports cars that would be a different story!
Old 07-18-2001, 02:08 PM
hubvette
Pro

Originally Posted by J Lance Miller:
[B
Ordered Torch Red Z06 on 7/01/01 with Memory and Mirrors - received order number DMXB6D.
At that time, my dealer only had 1 other Z06 order to fill - Electron Blue. We thought mine would get filled next due to limited EB allocations.
Found out last Thursday that the the EB order would get a TPW of 8/06. Add one week to my order...
I'm now next, waiting patiently till tomorrow for a TPW.

Lance
'66 L72 Coupe
'02 Z06 (soon)[/B][/color]
You and me both Lance!! The wait saga continues...........Drum roll please [img]http]//www.corvetteforum.cc/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-18-2001, 02:15 PM
maxievette
Pro

maxie price chevrolet atlanta has the largest z06 allocation in the country.
dealers who cannot get a car may offer some ridiculous discount, but they are unlikely to get the z06.
maxie price gets plenty and discounts them too, albeit not ridiculously.
i would suggest emailing or calling rick or monica at 7704667000
rickd770@bellsouth.net
ordered cars may be delivered directly to your home state directly from the factory so you need not worry about extra shipping charges.
scott price
maxie price chevrolet

Get notified of new replies

To Poll: Your 2002 Z06 order info

Old 07-18-2001, 03:40 PM
sleeperz06
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CALVette:
[B
Rwdyryd,

Did a deal today in Walnut Creek for a EB Z06. The first time they put a order in for me it came out black. Today they had one turn up EB and they emailed me. [img]http]//www.corvetteforum.cc/ubb/smile.gif[/img]
I had to cancel my out of state order and go with this one, more money but I'll get the car sooner.

[/B][/color]
Is Parker Robb Chevy sill holding firm on there $10,000 over msrp premium for a Z06?

[This message has been edited by sleeperz06 (edited 07-18-2001).]
Old 07-18-2001, 04:59 PM
BCSX3170
Heel & Toe

Sequence #736
Built 7/16/01, shipped 7/17/01
Quicksilver, black interior, will be used as an auto-x practice car.
Old 07-18-2001, 11:17 PM
YardDog
Instructor

"YardDog,
Check out Kens Newsletter, it mentions a extended allocation forecast????? Every dealer knows their short term allocation. So you might try to ask your dealer about theirs. When I asked that question when I was trying to order my 01 you could tell by their response they had no allocation.....in fact then they said they didn't & were assured by the Area Manager they would get one. Needless to say I didn't put my hopes on their hopes.....the hopes were getting a little deep.

Bob"

Rwdyryd,
Thanks for the tip. The new car manager with my current dealer is working with the regional manager to get my order pulled soon. I want to give him a fair chance to come through, but If it doesn't happen in the next 3 weeks as they "hope" it will, then like you, I'll have to move on. I am going to survey other local dealers about their extended allocation forecast. If I can't find an unfilled allocation locally, I'll probably go with one of the supporting dealers on this forum.

Bob, you are very fortunate to have such an early TPW. It appears that some of you who may have been through this process before, have better "luck" at this. Hope all goes well with production and delivery. Sounds to me as if you will get one of the first 2K2 Z06s in the country. Enjoy!

beggar,
Good luck with your order too! I keep telling myself that it is still early in the model year. We will get our new Zs soon.

BTW, my FRC partition came today. Now if I just had a quicksilver 2K2 Z06 to put around it !?!

Quick Reply: [Z06] Poll: Your 2002 Z06 order info