Sponsored by:

[Z06] Just Dynoed My Z06

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2001, 09:46 PM
bwhitmore
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, thanks for all the responses.

I agree that it seemed a little low at first. I was expecting more ponies out of the mods if indeed most peoples stock Z06's are dynoing at my numbers. But I still own what I believe to be a lighting fast car, especially when compared to what I run into when cruising the streets around here.

I will note that I have heard that the cars tend to loosen up after a little while and that it may have some affect. I still only have 2200 miles on my car. I don't believe the wheels have anything to do with it, but the mass has definitely changed. The HRE's are a lot heavier. If indeed it has negative effects to my horsepower output, you can bet I don't care, because I really love my wheels more than any mod I have done or have yet to do.

I will also say that Ralph was not the guy who sold me the mods, so you can rule that out. I bought most of my stuff from Exit 28.

And finally, Ralph's Dyno is indeed among the latest DynoJet's for those who are curious. And I tend to understand that different dynos could produce different results. As I utilize more mods in the future, you can bet I will continue to dyno the car and maybe I will find varying results that will express those modifications.

Old 07-23-2001, 12:48 AM
Mako
Drifting

BW: Stock should be between 325-340rwhp/trq. I was 337. With COLD air and 3000mi I was at 350/355. Next I tried the PRTs. The PRTs actually lost power for me (very little--1-4rwhp) and were too loud for my tastes, so I took them off.

NOw I have heads, cam (somewhat mild), 1.8 rockers, long-tube headers, PCM programming, Corsa Tourings and a de-screened MAF. I have not dynoed with the exhaust, but my numbers should be around 395rwhp/370rwtrq or a bit higher. I am not dynoing again until the stroker (385 or 427) is completed next month. These are all REAL numbers (SAE corrected) on reliable Dynojet 248cs. The closer to a SAE Correction Factor of 1.0 (no correction), the more accurate the numbers. In my experience, a CF of less than 1.0 tends to over-penalize (low), and a CF of more than 1.0 tends to over-report (high). Every dyno will read a bit different.

You may want to: (1) drive your car harder; and (2)consider a cold air system.

Good luck!
Old 07-23-2001, 06:06 PM
akw408
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by don527
akw408,

Your LS1 C5 WITH mods is generating numbers close to bwhitmore's LS6 WITH mods... so depending on your mods, are you saying your making as much hp with your mods as a Z06 with an intake, exhaust and x-pipe mod on the same dyno?

I like to know what mods you have cause that's quite impressive.
[/color]
don,

Even with the same dyno, I'm sure there is still some variation. Maybe not much, but anyway. My mods are simple, cold air intake, LT headers, exhaust, and LS6 intake manifold (I have a 99). So I have LT headers (I hear it's around 15 RWHP) and don't have the X pipe (which I hear only helps at most 5 RWHP). The same day I dynoed at HRH, my car ran about 2.5 mph slower trap speed than a friend's Z06 with the same mods I have, plus the UD pulley and X pipe.

99 C5 M6
Old 07-23-2001, 06:55 PM
NetJunkie
Burning Brakes

I just dyno'd my bone stock Z06 about a week ago. It has 3K miles on it and was 76 degrees and 25% humidity. I got 330RWHP/330RWTQ (SAE Corrected) on all 3 runs. This was on a DynoJet.

Someone on the Z06 forum mentioned that Lingenfelter had dyno'd a number of Z06s and the highest he has gotten was 332RWHP on a bone stock car. I plan to dyno it right after I put on the Halltech sidewinder in a few weeks..so we'll get a definate measure on what that can do.
Old 07-23-2001, 06:55 PM
JOEZ06
Instructor

2 weeks ago: DynoJet 1, late model. 6,900 miles, 100% showroom stock baseline. NO FAN. 95deg,90RH (Orlando) Best of 3 consistent runs--->327/328 SAE. According to Mike Norris the "STD" correction above SAE is not reliable. Mine was like 335 ish, STD.

Several ways to look at it.. 1.) you could have been in the stock 317-318 range. I think Davidmax started out in that range before his LPE TT. 2.) The mods are hyped up in terms of gains ;-( ??? I am getting ready to start the process myself, so I am most interested in what folks think.
3.) Need more breakin to get a representative reading. This is why I waited to > 5K.

I asked about the flywheel loss and most opinions (Mike Norris and folks that responded to my post said ~15% loss).

Just another datapoint.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Just Dynoed My Z06