Sponsored by:

[Z06] checking out a zo6 tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2004, 11:24 AM
xxsvtcobrakidxx
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default checking out a zo6 tomorrow

in the market for a z06 im going to check out an 01 with 33k tomorrow. is there anything special i need to keep my eye open for?? the car is stock except for a shifter. is there really that much of a difference between the 02s?? i dont think i can afford a newer one. also what are track times with some bolt on 01s??? i plan on doing full exhaust and intake within the first 2 weeks of owning it. thanks guys
Old 12-11-2004, 12:31 PM
02 batmobile
Instructor

Some of the 01's had an oil comsumption problem that GM will fix under warranty. I think the fix was new piston rings. In the 02 the ring problem was already fixed.
Old 12-11-2004, 02:42 PM
johny125
Pro

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Hey Cobrakid,

Check the exhaust outlets for black greasy residue on the tips. This may indicate that it is an oil burner. Also, turn the key to ignition without starting the engine, press the options button on the dash control dic and within 5 seconds press the fuel button four times. The computer will then tell you if the computer has captured any trouble codes. A code with a C indicates a current problem, A code with an H indicates an historical problem. Good luck,

John
Old 12-11-2004, 03:41 PM
Thud
Team Owner

Originally Posted by xxsvtcobrakidxx
in the market for a z06 im going to check out an 01 with 33k tomorrow. is there anything special i need to keep my eye open for?? the car is stock except for a shifter. is there really that much of a difference between the 02s?? i dont think i can afford a newer one. also what are track times with some bolt on 01s??? i plan on doing full exhaust and intake within the first 2 weeks of owning it. thanks guys

I test drove an '01 before buying my '02, the power difference is noticeable but I wouldn't say it's "night and day" difference. I think with the mods you're planning on it'll be pretty close to an '02.

Get notified of new replies

To checking out a zo6 tomorrow

Quick Reply: [Z06] checking out a zo6 tomorrow