Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BUYER BEWARE///PERKEYS CORVETTES Rip Off...

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 08:17 PM
Rob'sC5
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '05

that just plain sucks....Nothing would torque me more than to put up with the crap your dealing with. What happened good ole honest customer service
Old 12-31-2004, 04:08 AM
MDog00
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Latitude??

I got Terkey's (sic) latitude -- hanging!!!

BTW, there is an answer to the problem - SUE THE BASTARDS!!!!
Old 12-31-2004, 06:15 AM
USA-VET
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by alex1217
$100 dollars a shirt?? Maybe they are having problems finding golden fleece to make em???
Old 12-31-2004, 07:52 AM
danshill
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I, too, have ordered items from them without any problems. Sorry to learn there are problems with at least one customer. It would be nice if they could present their side.

Good luck resolving your issue.
Old 12-31-2004, 11:11 AM
Quasar21
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by danshill
I, too, have ordered items from them without any problems. Sorry to learn there are problems with at least one customer. It would be nice if they could present their side.

Good luck resolving your issue.
Our club ordered shirts from them individually and they came through for us (Some quicker than others). They even made a second shirt for one guy because they didn't like the way the car color came out on the shirt. Gave him the first one free. I'm not sure what's happened with them.

btw.... I think it's Perky Vettes. Maybe they're using an alias
Old 12-31-2004, 11:30 AM
zipity
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 670 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

I've got one better! I ordered a custom golf shirt at the 2003 50th Anniversary Party in Bowling Green (June 2003). They had the shirt to me by July, not bad; but the color of the shirt was wrong. It was a lighter shade of yellow than what I had ordered. This made the silver embriodery diffult to see..... So they said they would re-do the shirt while I was at Carlisle (August 2003). Well by May of 2004 still no shirt! Believe me they got a phone call from me once a month.

In the meantime I had traded in the Vette they were going to put on the golf shirt!

Then while at Carlisle, August 2004, I spoke with the owner and explained my situation that I had paid for this shirt and never recieved it. I got all kind of excuses and an apology. So I ordered another shirt with my new Vette on it and was told it would take 4 weeks.
It's now hours away from 2005 and still nothing.

So I have been waiting for the correct shirt since June of 2003!!!
Old 12-31-2004, 01:43 PM
Blue Lion
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 196 Likes on 117 Posts

Looks like you're not the only one who's had problems with them. Thanks for putting the word out.
What kind of shirts cost $100?
Old 01-02-2005, 07:12 PM
1KULC7
Le Mans Master

Received 313 Likes on 136 Posts

UPDATE:

Two shirts of four came in the post on December 31. One shirt was correct the other shirt was not, it was a plain white polo, I ordered a very different shirt. Two other shirts still missing in action, called left voice message.

The shirts that I spend $100. are for a RACE TEAM, so they have special embroidary a far cry from a polo shirt. and the prices are reasonable from a Licensed Chevrolet Vendor. They are not plain shirts....but the point of the post was not the price but the fact it was not delivered in a reasonable amount of time, even after they were contacted, phonecalls and emails were not answered, and then when I did finally talk to them they told me the would ship immediately....

Again point of post is only to make people aware of vendors who provide lousy service. Funniest thing about this, written on the receipt is they promised to call me if they could not get the shirt I wanted, never received that call, and never received the actual shirt I picked out.....to be continued
Old 01-02-2005, 07:59 PM
VinR1
Drifting

I worked at an embroidery shop my sr year in high school... and Im still wondering what kind of shirt/design costs $100 ea.

Either way, even if you've ordered multiple shirts with designs on front, back, neck, and both sleeves, it still shouldnt take more than a couple of hours and 2-3 days shipping to get your order. Anything longer than a month is rediculous

Also, someone mentioned a 30 day limit on disputed charges, but Ive just disputed some charges last week that were on my march statement and got a complete refund (Discover). If you have a good relationship with your CC company then they'll jump through flaming hoops to keep you happy.

Vin
Old 01-02-2005, 08:43 PM
j3studio
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 235 Likes on 77 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by zipity
I've got one better! I ordered a custom golf shirt at the 2003 50th Anniversary Party in Bowling Green (June 2003). They had the shirt to me by July, not bad; but the color of the shirt was wrong. It was a lighter shade of yellow than what I had ordered. This made the silver embroidery difficult to see...So they said they would re-do the shirt while I was at Carlisle (August 2003). Well by May of 2004 still no shirt! Believe me they got a phone call from me once a month.

In the meantime I had traded in the Vette they were going to put on the golf shirt!

Then while at Carlisle, August 2004, I spoke with the owner and explained my situation that I had paid for this shirt and never recieved it. I got all kind of excuses and an apology. So I ordered another shirt with my new Vette on it and was told it would take 4 weeks.
It's now hours away from 2005 and still nothing.

So I have been waiting for the correct shirt since June of 2003!
Ivelis and I are sorry to hear that this is still going on...

Quick Reply: BUYER BEWARE///PERKEYS CORVETTES Rip Off...