Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

Wtb: 1998 Indy Pace Car Floor Mats

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 05:43 PM
98NYFINESTVETTE
Le Mans Master

Location: 10.70 @ 124mph, Stock Bottom End @ 3620lbs, ECS Racing Team Member. The 1st NMCA LSX Index Rumble World Champion. 2011,12,13 Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wtb: 1998 Indy Pace Car Floor Mats

I recently bought a pace car and it did not have the mats. Can anyone help me locate a set? Maybe someone even has a set laying around that they are willing to sell?

Thanks,
Rob
Old 11-13-2005, 09:27 PM
CyberGSDude
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I searched this board for over a year and found no sellers. I too bought a pace are just over a year ago that did not have the mats with the car. I don't know what is with these previous owners that they sold the mats. It doesn't make sense at all and we are not the onlys who bought a car matless. Another guy emailed me about mats too.

I kept checking ebay and a few sets came and went but they went for $280-$350. After awhile I regreted letting the one pair go at $280 because that was the last set I have seen on ebay to this day! I also emailed anyone I could find that was selling there pace car in hopes they had a second set to sell or would just sell the mats. I actually had found a lady that was going to sell me the mats if the buyer did not ask about them but...the buyer did and the sale did not happen. After a year of contacting various pace car sellers I finally came across a guy about 90 miles from me that totaled his pace car. He had two sets, the originals and the ones you could buy later from GM which did not have the rubber heel pad on the driver's side mat. I bought them both for $550. And sorry not going to sell either pair. The originals are in great shape but you can tell the embroidery is not as bright as it used to be or compared to the other non used set.

Good luck. They are hard to come by and you will pay at least $250-$350. I know someone who paid $400 for a set. Ouch! If you are desperate start throwing out some high offers and I am sure you will stir up a pair but don't plan on buying them cheap!

Chris
Old 11-13-2005, 09:39 PM
RPOZ4Z
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran

you would think that somebody would make them by now?

when I bought my pace car 4 years ago the first thing I did was order a new set of mats to use for car shows.

good luck in the search!
I had a similar experience looking for another set of hood decals, they are also discontinued.
But I found them from a parts dealer that has a connection with the original decal manufacturer.

Last edited by RPOZ4Z; 11-13-2005 at 09:41 PM.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:51 PM
CyberGSDude
Burning Brakes

I have checked with numerous sources and all have said that aftermarket reproductions will be made soon. However no knows exactly when soon is. If you are patient....unlike me, then wait as they should be at a substantially lower price, probably in the $100-$150 range. All depends on how long you intend to keep the car and how important you consider it for resale. However for resale it is obvious that several of us have bought cars without the original mats so it may or may not be a factor if selling the car. The condition of the car will be more of a factor in determining its value.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:55 PM
CyberGSDude
Burning Brakes

I also contacted the original manufacturer of the mats which is Pretty Products, Inc. Contacting them was of no use since they can not sell the mats to the general public without GM's consent and they also said that the mats were discontinued due to low sales and thread availability.

Keep checking Ebay daily if you are persistent! They do come up on there from time to time but like I said I was a daily checker(actually several times daily) and its been quite awhile since they have surfaced!

Chris

Get notified of new replies

To Wtb: 1998 Indy Pace Car Floor Mats

Quick Reply: Wtb: 1998 Indy Pace Car Floor Mats