Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

FS: New Borla XR1: partial and complete system

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2001, 08:24 AM
TeamZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FS: New Borla XR1: partial and complete system

Many of you may not be aware that Borla recently revised the XR1 system for the C5. Original system used 2.75" diamter pipes. New system changed to 2.5" piping to mate up better with stock 2.5" exhaust system; they also claim the 2.5" pipes are a bit quieter for street use and make more HP. Anyways, I ordered the system for competition use, but only installed the rear Borla straight pipes in place of the Z06 mufflers because now everything mates up like stock. According to Borla, the center section with resonater keeps noise in check for street use,; of no concern for us, and also provides improved X/H-pipe internal crossover for older C5 exhausts.

Am posting Borla resonater center X-pipe for sale; the crossover is internal in the resonater. It's typical Boral stainless steel, about 3 ft long and replaces the rear half of the stock h-pipe section with rear flanges that bolt right onto stock or aftermarket rear exhausts. The entire system cost approx. $700, will consider offers for the center section-only.

Also we had an ordering screwup and received 2 systems instead of the 1 that was ordered. Posting second extra complete Borla XR1 system for sale. Again, this is the newly revised 2.5" system. Please email me for pricing, which should be best available.

ps: a couple people wrote me quoting old vendor pricing that no longer exists. There was a price increase with the new system, so please check your sources first. Also, we did not get two for the price of one; we ordered one and were shipped two. If we do not return the second one we have to pay for it, just trying to move it instead thinking someone will want it. This is a one-time deal on one complete system. The partial-system resonator purchase will be a private deal between myself and the buyer, but not the complete system. The purchase of the complete system will be made through a reputable Borla dealer with warranty, receipt, etc.

Mark
TeamZ06@aol.com

[Modified by TeamZ06, 6:43 AM 8/12/2001]
Old 08-14-2001, 06:31 PM
GTB/ZR-1
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

Default Re: FS: New Borla XR1: partial and complete system (TeamZ06)

Mark,
You have mail...
Old 08-14-2001, 07:35 PM
TeamZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: FS: New Borla XR1: partial and complete system (GTB/ZR-1)

The complete new Borla XR1 system is sold.

After several inquiries about the new resonater section I posted for sale above from my XR1 system, I won't part with it for anything less than $300 + shipping. It's really the heart of the system and anything less than that and I'd rather keep it to have the system complete if I decide to remove and sell it later. It's about equivalent to the Corsa large X-pipe, except where the Corsa pipes come together with the crossover cutout, the Borla has a resonater with a large internal crossover chamber. Installation requires cutting off the rear half of the stock h-pipe and the Borla resonater section slips on with supplied band clamps and bolts right up to whatever muffler system you have. Hardest part for DIY is cutting the pipes on the stock h-pipe; I'll throw in a new wraparound chain-style exhaust tube cutter that I bought for the job.

Mark
TeamZ06@aol.com

Get notified of new replies

To FS: New Borla XR1: partial and complete system

Quick Reply: FS: New Borla XR1: partial and complete system