Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: C7 Carbon

WTB LS1 Style Cast Iron Block (6.0L Truck block)

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2001, 03:03 PM
MrEracer
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default WTB LS1 Style Cast Iron Block (6.0L Truck block)

I'm Looking to build an all motor LS1, 427CID engine for my C5. Anyone else done this besides the tuners... I am an experienced builder of high performance, street driver SBC's and I do not wish to pay a tuner for something I can easily do myself. This will be my first LS1 build up...
Please don't flame me for wanting to put a cast iron block in the C5, I'm a daily driver, quarter mile enthusiast who has been driving this combination in a C3 for years... The C5/iron block 427 will be light years ahead of that combination in terms of handling...
As a piece of background information, I worked for years with aluminum Buick V8 engines installed in a homebuilt aircraft... Sleeve and cylinder failures were common in these aluminum blocks anytime they were re-sleeved. Makes me nervous about doing it again with the LS1, especially with the power levels involved. As I see it, a cast iron block will be stronger, more reliable and cheaper to build up, at the expence of some weight over the front wheels...
Shirl
Old 09-15-2001, 04:44 PM
99 The Hard Way
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: WTB LS1 Style Cast Iron Block (MrEracer)

I saw a couple of these for sale on Ebay. One was a short block, the other a long block. You may have to use a few different search terms to find it, though. Hope this helps- Scott
Old 09-15-2001, 08:56 PM
99HT
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: WTB LS1 Style Cast Iron Block (MrEracer)

Go to LS1.com and ask the same questions. This has been done many times. The 6 liter blocks are for sale on the LS1 forum all the time.

Get notified of new replies

To WTB LS1 Style Cast Iron Block (6.0L Truck block)

Quick Reply: WTB LS1 Style Cast Iron Block (6.0L Truck block)