Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: C7 Carbon

Sales Dispute with 69TA

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 04:57 PM
wisky
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tellefan
I'd call your credit card ASAP and get the ball rolling.
I hope you used American Express, they usually are alot easier to deal with as the customer. Be sure to save all the emails and pm's with his confirmation that the tires are 295/30 , along with pictures of the actual tire sent.

While all sales usually are final in private transaction, the fact that he sent you the wrong size makes "all sales final" null and void.

Anyone want a 2009 ZR1 for $70000? When I send you my 2000 FRC, I will say: "Sorry all sales are final, you can use my 2000 FRC just fine."
Old 07-02-2008, 05:34 PM
LLVETTE
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by wisky
Anyone want a 2009 ZR1 for $70000? When I send you my 2000 FRC, I will say: "Sorry all sales are final, you can use my 2000 FRC just fine."
Will you take a check from my bank in Nepal?
Old 07-02-2008, 06:37 PM
0Cajun @ Edgyvette
Former Vendor

Received 393 Likes on 286 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12'-'13-'14-'15

I am telling you people only remember the jacked up things you do. If he doesnt make good on the deal he will be remembered here for awhile. I would not want to be in his position trying to sell something. I am surprised he did not post here to try and tell his side but with a reply like that I guess I can understand it now.

Cajun
Old 07-02-2008, 06:50 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by ccajun4real
I am telling you people only remember the jacked up things you do. If he doesnt make good on the deal he will be remembered here for awhile. I would not want to be in his position trying to sell something. I am surprised he did not post here to try and tell his side but with a reply like that I guess I can understand it now.

Cajun
Man just post a statement. and make it good...It would look better if you did...
Old 07-02-2008, 07:31 PM
90LS1TOY
Intermediate

Originally Posted by LLVETTE
FYI, paypal denied my claim as they will get involved in non-delivery, but not quality or attributes of products received.
I guess you learn something new everyday. Sorry to hear that.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:46 PM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

Ouch....

I just saw that reply. Thats not what I was expecting.. Especially being that I've spent alot of money with him in the past..

It sucks to say, but I feel you have no other choice but to file a dispute with your CC company.

I also think this thread (and that reply) will live to haunt him..

Its too bad. Cause I always "Thought" he was a stand up dude..
Old 07-02-2008, 10:47 PM
Blue 92
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
CI 3-4, 8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'08-'10

This one raises my "Never buy from List" to 22 CF members.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:40 PM
rikhek
Safety Car

Received 860 Likes on 393 Posts

He also complained of the shipping cost and the paypal fees and said that he had not asked for paypal payment. Trying to make this work I sent him another $40 to cover the fees.

Kevin continues to refuse to make this right. I have used the 2 rear tires as I needed them when I bought them. I offered to ship the 2 back to him for $500 shipped, a ~$100 loss that I am willing to absorb to make this go away. He says that he will not accept that as I have "broken up the set". HUH? they were offered separately to me. He did offer to refund my money if I sent him back all 4.

I have filed a paypal dispute and would like some advise from you all. All the PM's and emails are available for perusal.

Thanks, Greg
Advise requested so here you go:

1. NEVER file a dispute with Paypal!!!!!! File with your credit card company. Paypal rarely comes through and if they do they charge you $25 just for the hell of it.

2. Don't send additional money to someone you're trying to get money back from. Why in the hell would you have sent an additional $40 more!!!!!!!! How would sending him more money "make this work"?

Rick

Last edited by rikhek; 07-02-2008 at 11:46 PM.
Old 07-03-2008, 12:09 AM
LLVETTE
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rikhek
Advise requested so here you go:

1. NEVER file a dispute with Paypal!!!!!! File with your credit card company. Paypal rarely comes through and if they do they charge you $25 just for the hell of it.

2. Don't send additional money to someone you're trying to get money back from. Why in the hell would you have sent an additional $40 more!!!!!!!! How would sending him more money "make this work"?

Rick
Well, thanks for your input. I have never been in this spot so I didn't know about your first point.

I sent him another $40 to cover the paypal fees before I got the tires in an attempt to placate him and show that I was a reasonable guy. It was a bigger deal to him at the time than me. As I've said a couple times in this thread, Live and Learn.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:38 AM
rikhek
Safety Car

Received 860 Likes on 393 Posts

Well, thanks for your input. I have never been in this spot so I didn't know about your first point.

I sent him another $40 to cover the paypal fees before I got the tires in an attempt to placate him and show that I was a reasonable guy. It was a bigger deal to him at the time than me. As I've said a couple times in this thread, Live and Learn.
From your post I thought he had already shipped the tires and you had them when you sent the additional money.....
Old 07-03-2008, 01:45 AM
LLVETTE
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rikhek
From your post I thought he had already shipped the tires and you had them when you sent the additional money.....
Nope, that was before I got em.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:33 AM
doje
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Call and file a dispute with your credit card. They will issue you a full refund and take it back from paypal. Then paypal will have to pursue the seller to get the money back from him.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:36 AM
C5nKY
Pro

You seem to be handling this quite well. I'd be livid!!!!

Heres another one tempting KARMA!!
Old 07-03-2008, 08:11 AM
cruisemon
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by doje
Call and file a dispute with your credit card. They will issue you a full refund and take it back from paypal. Then paypal will have to pursue the seller to get the money back from him.

I had a problem with a purchase off that auction site that I paid for with Paypal. The part was defective, the seller offered a refund, I returned the part, and he reneged on his refund promise. I filed a complaint with Paypal and literally in less than five minutes received a reply that they wouldn't do anything. Totally blew me off. I called American Express and disputed the charge. I got my money back.

Take the time you would use posting a reply to file a dispute with the credit card company. I don't know if other credit card companies work the same as Amex since this is the first time I have ever had to file a dispute, but Amex was great.

Charlie
Old 07-03-2008, 09:57 AM
LLVETTE
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cruisemon

I had a problem with a purchase off that auction site that I paid for with Paypal. The part was defective, the seller offered a refund, I returned the part, and he reneged on his refund promise. I filed a complaint with Paypal and literally in less than five minutes received a reply that they wouldn't do anything. Totally blew me off. I called American Express and disputed the charge. I got my money back.

Take the time you would use posting a reply to file a dispute with the credit card company. I don't know if other credit card companies work the same as Amex since this is the first time I have ever had to file a dispute, but Amex was great.

Charlie
Thanks all for the advice. I have a question: I have only a partial dispute with the tires delivered as 2 were as described and 2 were not. If I dispute the charge to my Visa, they will give me all my money back, but I still have all 4 tires and plan on keeping 2? Do I then take it up with Kevin to pay him for the 2? If that's the case, what if he doesn't pay paypal back and now he's been paid 1.5 times for the tires.??

Anybody know how this will work?
Old 07-03-2008, 10:07 AM
RLYSLO
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Thanks all for the advice. I have a question: I have only a partial dispute with the tires delivered as 2 were as described and 2 were not. If I dispute the charge to my Visa, they will give me all my money back, but I still have all 4 tires and plan on keeping 2? Do I then take it up with Kevin to pay him for the 2? If that's the case, what if he doesn't pay paypal back and now he's been paid 1.5 times for the tires.??

contact someone in customer care at your credit card company... they should know what to do.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:08 AM
Allthrottleandsomebottle
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts
Virginia Events Coordinator
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
NCM Ambassador

If you can, why not get VISA to pay you back just the cost of the 2 wrong tires & shipping cost for those. You like the other 2.......I have done this in the past with good sucess. IF VISA says all or none, take it all and only send back the 2 wrong ones with a clear understanding in writing..........do what you think is fair, and let him do what he wants.
PS, if Kevin doesn't reply to this thread, he may loose his selling/posting privs....PM the e-mail and PMs you have on this all to me.
I have also PM'd Kevin........
Steve

Last edited by Allthrottleandsomebottle; 07-03-2008 at 10:15 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Sales Dispute with 69TA

Old 07-03-2008, 10:57 AM
MPRTKLR
Melting Slicks

You CAN do a partial dispute. I have had to do this in a past where I ordered a few things from a company online and one was not as described. Part of the process is telling them what is wrong with the merchandise, what merchandise you have a problem with, and the amount to either repair or replace the merchandise that is being disputed. Naturally it does not have to be all or nothing as people often buy multiple items when shopping online. Hope this helps and best of luck. Unfortunately, I was very suprised by this thread. He lives not very far from me in one of the wealthiest counties in America. Not saying that automatically makes him a good guy, but I would think his reputation would be worth more than a few hundred dollars. I was very much contemplating buy a set of wheels he was selling. While I understand it could have been a simple mistake on his part, as with all business transactions, mistakes will happen, but it is how you handle them that shows your true nature. Best of luck

Last edited by MPRTKLR; 07-03-2008 at 11:02 AM.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:06 AM
mrm1149
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Originally Posted by MPRTKLR
as with all business transactions, mistakes will happen, but it is how you handle them that shows your true nature. Best of luck
That last sentence is where a persons integrity steps in
Old 07-04-2008, 01:45 AM
LLVETTE
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MPRTKLR
While I understand it could have been a simple mistake on his part, as with all business transactions, mistakes will happen, but it is how you handle them that shows your true nature. Best of luck
That is a true statement. I was willing to accept that this may have been a simple mistake. I have no problem with that as long as he owns up to it and makes it right.

Quick Reply: Sales Dispute with 69TA