Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: C7 Carbon

Sales Dispute with 69TA

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 02:12 AM
421Vette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by road pilot
This is the first thing I thought
Old 07-04-2008, 08:38 AM
~Maverick
All Men Die, but Few LIVE
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IX Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

This needs to stay bumped up until resolved....Character is the things you do when you think no one else is looking, Integrity is when you make sure that the things you do are honorable.

~Maverick

Old 07-04-2008, 10:55 AM
LLVETTE
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ~Maverick
This needs to stay bumped up until resolved....Character is the things you do when you think no one else is looking, Integrity is when you make sure that the things you do are honorable.

~Maverick

Thanks Maverick, I agree.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:38 AM
merven
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

File a claim with your CC once you get a full refund contact Kevin and explain about YOUR no refund policy!!!

But seriously this does stink, but you do atleast have a few options, the cc refund of if needed sell of the tires for rears the would work perfectly as a stock size replacement, I think.
Im sorry you had to go through this so far I have been very happy with all the purchases I have made here on CF.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:00 PM
LLVETTE
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by merven
File a claim with your CC once you get a full refund contact Kevin and explain about YOUR no refund policy!!!

But seriously this does stink, but you do atleast have a few options, the cc refund of if needed sell of the tires for rears the would work perfectly as a stock size replacement, I think.
Im sorry you had to go through this so far I have been very happy with all the purchases I have made here on CF.
Good Idea! Yeah, this has been my first "problematic" deal on here.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:02 PM
doje
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20
NCM Sinkhole Donor

You should be asking your credit card company for however much it is going to cost you to buy a replacement pair of tires in the correct size.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:43 PM
LLVETTE
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by doje
You should be asking your credit card company for however much it is going to cost you to buy a replacement pair of tires in the correct size.
That occurred to me David, but I'm gonna stick with what I paid if I make a CC dispute.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:55 PM
nextime
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stick with what you paid for plus the shipping charges because you paid for shipping that wasnt supposed to be shipped since it wasnt what you ordered.

Originally Posted by LLVETTE
That occurred to me David, but I'm gonna stick with what I paid if I make a CC dispute.
Old 07-04-2008, 01:04 PM
LLVETTE
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by nextime
Stick with what you paid for plus the shipping charges because you paid for shipping that wasnt supposed to be shipped since it wasnt what you ordered.
You are absolutely right, thanks.
Old 07-04-2008, 02:31 PM
69TA
Pro

REPLY FROM 69TA

This guy Greg is real piece of work. First he sends a whole bunch of pm's haggling the **** out of me on the price and then I go and extended him the courtsey of covering the shipping costs out of my own pocket for the four tires. Something which I told him that I didn't want to do.

Then immediately right after payment he starts sending pm/emails like crazy basically going where's my tires, where's my tires, even at one point insinuating that I am a thief and I am stealing his money.

The tires are literally sent out the next day on a Friday before LABOR day.....one of the busiest holidays of the year.

In not so many words or details, but this guy is a real piece of crap, baby and whiner. Full of himself, demanding this, demanding that. Even goes and tells me he is a LEO (cop). Who cares if you are cop or not.

Before the sale I sent him pictures showing what was being sent and included what they are. These are the same pictures as on my for sale thread.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=2006803

But according to him after getting the tires he says I didn't send him pictures of the sidewalls. Well then if I was ripping him off why would they be posted on my for sale thread. Better yet if he didn't get the pictures.

Why didn't he ask where they where prior to sending the money?
As a matter of fact I didn't even ask him to send the money. Because I didn't want to get stuck with Paypal fees.
He went and sent the money on his own and then I had to chase him down for the Paypal fees.
If he was the type of person who wanted refunds.

Then why wouldn't he ask what the refund policy is before the sale?
I would have told him that all sales are final on used parts and any and all returns will be subject to prior approval with the shipping costs to be the responsibility of the buyer. I am not a store and don't have time to be wasting packing and bring stuff back and forth to UPS for nothing at my cost.

But rather this guy is rude, demanding and making rules after the fact.

Yes there was a PM reply that I sent him back where he asked about the sizes. But honestly I was getting PM's all over the place about this that and the other thing, heading into a very busy weekend.

At first I thought he was making **** up just to extort getting the rears for dirt cheap price. So yes I could have mistaken 30 for 35. But in all fairness I used them on the front of my 2000 C5 and had absolutely no issues with them. A half used 295/35 is the same identical height as that of a new 295/30 tire which he claims he bought now.

Later on he tells me that he is keeping and used the new rear tires and that I need to refund him x amount and cover the return shipping to offset the cost of what he had to pay for his new PS2 fronts. Remember a .6 is divided by two to get a .3 over height change. And with 1/2 used rubber. You would be at the same exact height. So even if our signals were crossed and he never got or saw the original pictures. He could have used them. He chose not to and wanted me to pay him money towards him buying new fronts. If you keep the rears then you keep them all. They were sold as a set. Plain and simple.

It was at this point that I walked away from him. He starts threatening me about negative posts and Paypal complaints, ect. I have been around too long to have to put up with b.s. like this and I am not going to waste any more time or energy on this clown.

Even in a U.S. Judicial Court the judge would say that all goods would need to be returned as originally sold. That's universal where ever you go.

So I ask you now, would you have given this guy the time of day?

This buyer is a complete waste of my time and I refuse to waste any more time on this matter.

Last edited by 69TA; 07-04-2008 at 03:05 PM.
Old 07-04-2008, 03:03 PM
dh305
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Are You Kidding Me!

Originally Posted by 69TA
REPLY FROM 69TA

This guy Greg is real piece of work. First he sends a whole bunch of pm's haggling the **** out of me on the price and then I go and extended him the courtsey of covering the shipping costs out of my own pocket for the four tires. Something which I told him that I didn't want to do.

Then immediately right after payment he starts sending pm/emails like crazy basically going where's my tires, where's my tires, even at one point insinuating that I am a thief and I am stealing his money.

The tires are literally sent out the next day on a Friday before LABOR day.....one of the busiest holidays of the year.

In not so many words or details, but this guy is a real piece of crap, baby and whiner. Full of himself, demanding this, demanding that. Even goes and tells me he is a LEO (cop). Who cares if you are cop or not.

Before the sale I sent him pictures showing what was being sent and included what they are. These are the same pictures as on my for sale thread.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=2006803

But according to him after getting the tires he says I didn't send him pictures of the sidewalls. Well then if I was ripping him off why would they be posted on my for sale thread. Better yet if he didn't get the pictures.

Why didn't he ask where they where prior to sending the money?

If he was the type of person who wanted refunds.

Why wouldn't he ask what the refund policy is before the sale? Rather than demanding and making rules after the fact.

Yes there was a PM reply that I sent him back where he asked about the sizes. But honestly I was getting PM's all over the place about this that and the other thing, heading into a very busy weekend.

At first I thought he was making **** up just to extort getting the rears for dirt cheap. So yes I could have mistaken 30 for 35. But in all fairness I used them on the front of my 2000 C5 and had absolutely no issues with them. A half used 295/35 is the same identical height as that of a new 295/30 tire which he claims he bought now.

Later on he tells me that he is keeping and used the new rear tires and that I need to refund him x amount and cover the return shipping to offset the cost of what he had to pay for his new PS2 fronts.

What's up with that?

It was at this point that I walked away from him. He starts threatening me about negative posts and Paypal complaints, ect. I have been around too long to have to put up with b.s. like this and I am not going to waste any more time or energy on this clown.

Even in a U.S. Judicial Court the judge would say that all goods would need to be returned as originally sold. That's universal where ever you go.

So I ask you now, would you have given this guy the time of day?

This buyer is a complete waste of my time and I refuse to waste any more time on this matter.
I've been reading this thread for a while now and I just have to say, "THIS GUY IS AN IDIOT!" Are you kidding me. He has made every excuse not to do the right thing. It doesn't matter what was said EXCEPT for the fact that you sent the WRONG AGREED UPON PRODUCT. It doesn't matter "HOW BUSY" you were or you "DIDN"T EVEN PAY ATTENTION TO THAT". The man paid for an item described as a certain size. You sent a different size. No matter how uncomfortable the many emails make you feel or how many you receive, YOU ARE THE SELLER AND RESPONSIBLE FOR SHIPPING THE RIGHT PRODUCT". Please stop dealing with this guy and go to your credit card company and end this! They will give your money back and that will be that. Quit wasting time!
Old 07-04-2008, 03:12 PM
LLVETTE
Burning Brakes

Wow! That was an interesting story. To VISA I go.

Kevin, after VISA returns the money owed to me, I will send you back the 2 tires.

Last edited by LLVETTE; 07-04-2008 at 03:15 PM.
Old 07-04-2008, 03:20 PM
69TA
Pro

I hope you go to visa and I hope you really are a cop.

This way you can lose your job for falsifying a police report
claiming you didn't get something.

I have the tracking numbers showing all four where shipped to your address as shown on your CC.
And by your own admission all over the place that you received said four tires.

Grow the F up. If you want a refund for something don't go eating half the meal and decide what you want to pay or not pay.

I told you to send all four tires back. You took it upon yourself to use the rears. As far as I am concerned we are done here.

To your supporters go buy something use half of it and and try to return it see what they tell you.

Last edited by 69TA; 07-04-2008 at 03:22 PM.
Old 07-04-2008, 03:48 PM
Chalky
Safety Car

Received 69 Likes on 50 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Kevin, after VISA returns the money owed to me, I will send you back the 2 tires.
My guess is VISA will expect you to return the tires before they will issue you a credit. Once you provide proof of return, you will get your credit and PaPal will be on the hook for the money!
Old 07-04-2008, 03:48 PM
MEANZ06
Race Director

cant we all just get along?

Old 07-04-2008, 03:49 PM
LLVETTE
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Chalky
My guess is VISA will expect you to return the tires before they will issue you a credit. Once you provide proof of return, you will get your credit and PaPal will be on the hook for the money!
That'd be fine with me.
Old 07-04-2008, 04:17 PM
427CPE
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bottom line is you requested verification they were 30's and not 35's therefore what he did was fraudulent.

TTT.
Old 07-04-2008, 04:32 PM
Allthrottleandsomebottle
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts
Virginia Events Coordinator
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
NCM Ambassador

ok, IAW our rules.............this is closed and will be dealt with offline.....

Quick Reply: Sales Dispute with 69TA