Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

Wtb - rear control arm bushing

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 03:07 PM
klinderborg
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Wtb - rear control arm bushing

I am installing poly bushings into the control arms of my car. While burning the rubber off of one of the sleeves from inside the old rubber bushings I melted it. I really need only the aluminum sleeve, but will buy what I have to. Need the bushing from the lower rear,rear. Either right or left will work. Does anyone have one laying in a pile from a similar project ?

Thanks
Ken
Old 04-24-2012, 03:54 PM
ccann26
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I have a couple just did the poly's myself what a pain ! Bought the sleeves also but still had to use one of the rear stock sleeves because the ones in the kit did not fit the camber bolt in the rear. I recall using a tool from harbor freight to shave the rubber off of that one.http://www.harborfreight.com/12-volt...ool-67707.html much easier than burning. So I have all of the stock bushings left except for the lower rear bolt camber sleeve.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:39 PM
klinderborg
Instructor

Thanks for replying. The one I need is the lower rear,rear bushing. This is the one that has a bolt only, no adjustment cam. It will have a thick aluminum sleeve measuring .480 ID ( just under 1/2" ) and 2.480 long ( just under 2 1/2" ). I believe all of the other control arms have larger ID steel sleeves. If this is one of the left overs still available let me know what you want for it.

Thanks

Ken
Old 04-24-2012, 10:48 PM
ccann26
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure how much it costs to ship but other than that I'll pretty much give it to you.

PM sent
Old 04-30-2012, 10:58 PM
klinderborg
Instructor

I got the bushings Saturday. Thanks for being there for a fellow Corvette guy !!

Ken

Get notified of new replies

To Wtb - rear control arm bushing

Quick Reply: Wtb - rear control arm bushing