Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

WTB: Wtb scam

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 09:39 AM
rayz1951
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Wtb scam

Be careful if your trying to buy something and this guy contacts you. I posted a thread looking to buy an airbridge. dex267 sent me a pm with a picture of what he had and I agreed to send him payment via Wallmart 2 Wallmart (big mistake) because he said he didn't have paypal anymore. I didn't get the airbridge and am out $150.00. His email is jflw5211@gmail.com, BEWARE! I bought a lot of parts on ebay and on corvette forum site through the years and this is the first time something like this happened. Always learning!

Last edited by rayz1951; 05-16-2017 at 09:47 AM. Reason: add content
Old 05-16-2017, 09:56 AM
BAT
Le Mans Master

Received 1,227 Likes on 539 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by rayz1951
Be careful if your trying to buy something and this guy contacts you. I posted a thread looking to buy an airbridge. dex267 sent me a pm with a picture of what he had and I agreed to send him payment via Wallmart 2 Wallmart (big mistake) because he said he didn't have paypal anymore. I didn't get the airbridge and am out $150.00. His email is jflw5211@gmail.com, BEWARE! I bought a lot of parts on ebay and on corvette forum site through the years and this is the first time something like this happened. Always learning!
Through the forum?
Old 05-16-2017, 09:59 AM
BAT
Le Mans Master

Received 1,227 Likes on 539 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Looks like you're not the only one...

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...er-dex267.html
Old 05-16-2017, 10:18 AM
rayz1951
Racer

Originally Posted by BAT
Through the forum?
Yes, he answered my WTB add.
Old 05-16-2017, 10:23 AM
johnnyzvette
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I knew this guy was a crook! He messaged me trying to sell a set of B&B bullets i was looking for, said he didn't have an active paypal acct and if i could send him the money through walmart to walmart. Don't be fooled by these people. First red flag was that he was a new member on Corvetteforum, then he didn't want to use paypal. When I told him i didn't want to use walmart to walmart wire transfer he said he could use paypal only if i sent it as a gift. Strike three! I stopped communicating with him after that, lol. Glad i went with my gut, would have been out $450.
Old 05-16-2017, 10:43 AM
Mike52474
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyzvette
I knew this guy was a crook! He messaged me trying to sell a set of B&B bullets i was looking for, said he didn't have an active paypal acct and if i could send him the money through walmart to walmart. Don't be fooled by these people. First red flag was that he was a new member on Corvetteforum, then he didn't want to use paypal. When I told him i didn't want to use walmart to walmart wire transfer he said he could use paypal only if i sent it as a gift. Strike three! I stopped communicating with him after that, lol. Glad i went with my gut, would have been out $450.

I would have been out a couple thousand as he tried to sell me wheels here when he answered my "WTB"
Old 05-16-2017, 10:45 AM
rayz1951
Racer

Originally Posted by johnnyzvette
I should have went with my gut too. He was telling me about his spiral grey c6 and showed me pics of the carbon fiber airbridge I wanted, I figured he was legit, wrong! Live and learn. fortunately it was just $150.00. I would like to introduce him to my "little friend".
Old 05-16-2017, 10:53 AM
johnnyzvette
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still sucks you got scammed Ray, sorry.
Old 05-16-2017, 11:03 AM
NosLaser
Le Mans Master

Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

I hate stuff like this because I don't use PayPal, I've been a member here forever, and I have never scammed anyone once ever.

I stopped using PayPal years ago because of their lack of seller protection. I have sold parts, shipped them with tracking, gotten proof they were signed for, and the scam artist "buyer" files a dispute, PayPal pretends to "investigate" waits a few days, and awards them their money back 100% of the time, even with all my proof the item was shipped and received. It happened to me twice, so they got their item, their money back, and I paid to ship it. Fool me twice, shame on me. I don't know if PayPal has changed their ways, but I will never use them again for that reason. I f**king HATE thieves.
Old 05-16-2017, 05:23 PM
skydiven4fun
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by NosLaser
I hate stuff like this because I don't use PayPal, I've been a member here forever, and I have never scammed anyone once ever.

I stopped using PayPal years ago because of their lack of seller protection. I have sold parts, shipped them with tracking, gotten proof they were signed for, and the scam artist "buyer" files a dispute, PayPal pretends to "investigate" waits a few days, and awards them their money back 100% of the time, even with all my proof the item was shipped and received. It happened to me twice, so they got their item, their money back, and I paid to ship it. Fool me twice, shame on me. I don't know if PayPal has changed their ways, but I will never use them again for that reason. I f**king HATE thieves.
That is scary, and totally sucks that paypal would do that without knowing the facts.
Old 05-16-2017, 06:48 PM
sly-1
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

I just simply won't buy anything from anyone online unless they will accept payment through paypal as goods and services. I don't do the friends and family thing on paypal because you lose your buyer protection.

I have heard of people disputing the charge after they receive the item to try to get a refund but it is rare. You do still have a path as a seller though, if someone tries to pull that dispute for a refund deal, you have their address and you just threaten both the buyer and paypal with a small claims suit. Typically one or the other will change their mind and you will get your money.
Old 05-16-2017, 06:49 PM
detroit99sts
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's horrible I feel for you guys. I bought some OEM Chrome c6z wheels/tires that were "near mint except for 1 small flaw". Seller was a SENIOR MEMBER with a superior history. . got the wheels shipped with no packaging, just tape over the chrome and shipping labels on the rubber. Removing the tape revealed several flakes , pitting, chips , etc. probably a 6 out of 10. Contacted seller to let him know and he basically blamed me for it, claiming I may have washed them the wrong way. Note that Tgere was no way to wash wheels in freezing Michigan winter, but anywho. He said he will not do anything about it. I contacted a moderator and he couldn't do much. I don't get people, I cannot sleep at night if I did that to someone. Luckily I actually did get the wheels , but now I know to ask for more upclose pics next time.

Last edited by detroit99sts; 05-16-2017 at 06:52 PM.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:39 AM
v8srfun
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 123 Posts

It would be nice to know where trash like this lives. A personal visit to his front door could fix things real quick
Old 05-17-2017, 09:50 AM
NosLaser
Le Mans Master

Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by sly-1
I just simply won't buy anything from anyone online unless they will accept payment through paypal as goods and services. I don't do the friends and family thing on paypal because you lose your buyer protection.

I have heard of people disputing the charge after they receive the item to try to get a refund but it is rare. You do still have a path as a seller though, if someone tries to pull that dispute for a refund deal, you have their address and you just threaten both the buyer and paypal with a small claims suit. Typically one or the other will change their mind and you will get your money.
I was younger then and it is possible that things have changed with how PayPal handles things, but after getting screwed that many times I just couldn't see myself going back. :/
Old 05-17-2017, 12:35 PM
mstromquist
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,867 Likes on 1,672 Posts
2015 C5 of the Year Winner

Should we all email him and see if he wants to buy some Corvette parts? Flood his email.

Sorry you had to experience that. There are some gutter scum crawling around. Glad I found my mufflers I was looking for locally or he may have tried me also. Thanks for the heads up on who he is and what he's trying to do.
Old 05-17-2017, 12:59 PM
pghjeeper
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

He tried to get me too, I looked up his history and he had 1 post at the time. I said no thanks I'll keep looking
Old 05-17-2017, 04:25 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by v8srfun
It would be nice to know where trash like this lives. A personal visit to his front door could fix things real quick
this is what I'm thinking, there's bound to be someone that lives near him that might be able to help

Get notified of new replies

To Wtb scam

Old 05-17-2017, 05:53 PM
Doug Porcaro
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same here! Sounded fishy... Thanks!
Old 05-17-2017, 09:34 PM
crazybird
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

I'm on other forums for other hobbies and people like this have their account shut down to protect others from their scams. This ahole needs to be locked down and send him a link to this thread so he can see that people have figured him out.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:40 PM
C5Yellow561
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just received one not 30 minutes ago. Broken English so I knew it was a scam. Also his email is just a bunch of numbers.

Quick Reply: WTB: Wtb scam