Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: C7 Carbon

For Sale Wiring Harness for 12 disc CD player install

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2003, 01:04 PM
NealB
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Default SOLD For Sale Wiring Harness for 12 disc CD player install

EDIT -- SOLD to C4TOMCAT, thanks Tom

Sorry, probably the longest ad ever, but want to be sure “no surprises” for prospective buyer.

This harness is entirely GM pieces that I took out of a Coupe harness (dissected the larger harness to get only the CD related wiring). It allows installation of the OEM 12 disc CD changer in the trunk of a Z06 like was an option in Coupes and verts.

$45 shipped via first class USPS in 50 states. PayPal or pre-paid via snail mail.

The player is available new from Internet vendors for about $325 (can supply name where I got mine). You can buy my wiring harness for $45, or buy a complete harness and mounting bracket kit for $100.

I have the two page illustrated GM instructions on how to install the harness that I will provide to the buyer. It is not difficult. Allow a leisurely hour.

I do not have the mounting bracket to mount the CD player itself into the big hole in the trunk, but I have seen plenty of posts from people saying they put the player into the passenger side hole in the Z06 trunk using velcro or foam rubber stuffing.

The harness has two ends. At the CD player end it has the OEM connector that will plug right into the player.

At the other end (passenger footwell area), there are two existing non-used connectors in the Z06 (at least in my 2003) that are taped up out of the way. This harness has one of the two connectors to plug and play.

For the second connector, this harness does not have the plastic connector part, just the three wires that go into the second connector. It will either have to be spliced, soldered, taped, or plugged into the existing harness and taped up to where there is no contact between the sides of the wires.

The connector-less three wires have the GM terminals on them that plug directly into the back of the fuse box, so if someone wants to go that route (more complicated but not rocket science) that is another option. I can provide exact directions on how to do that and where the wires go. I did the same kind of thing for supplying power to the passenger side Sport Seat install I did recently. I documented the positions on the fuse box where the wires go. Made me very nervous to think about messing with the fuse box, but in hindsight it wasn’t a big deal.

[Modified by NealB, 12:53 PM 6/22/2003]

[Modified by NealB, 12:54 PM 6/22/2003]
Old 06-22-2003, 01:10 PM
C4TOMCAT
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: For Sale Wiring Harness for 12 disc CD player install (NealB)

sent IM on this...if it will work on a 97 coupe, I will take it...thanks Tom
Old 06-22-2003, 01:29 PM
NealB
Burning Brakes

Default Re: For Sale Wiring Harness for 12 disc CD player install (C4TOMCAT)

IMed you back with what to look for to see if your car has the two connectors already that this plugs into.
Old 06-22-2003, 03:38 PM
Kexec
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: For Sale Wiring Harness for 12 disc CD player install (C4TOMCAT)

Congratulations on your cable purchase.
I also just purchased an OEM CD changer that I intend to install. Would you be willing to share a copy of the GM instructions you get with the cable?

:steering:
Old 06-22-2003, 03:56 PM
NealB
Burning Brakes

Default Re: For Sale Wiring Harness for 12 disc CD player install (Kexec)

yes, IMed you

Get notified of new replies

To For Sale Wiring Harness for 12 disc CD player install

Quick Reply: For Sale Wiring Harness for 12 disc CD player install